CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They can probably tell, at least, if the alleged receipt is of an age to be possibly connected.

If the remains were not IN the bag, then what is with the story of the trash collectors finding an odd bag and having animal control look in it? Sounds to me like the newest report had an accidental "I" instead of "O" keystroke.

Except it said that it was not clear whether the remains were even inside the bag. To me it sounds like they are reporting what people saw in the videos, rather than getting direct info from police or reliable sources.

JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

How on earth would they find an identical trash bag what the ?! =]

If the receipts are connected LE can check to see if the trash bag that is definitely connected to the case is the same brand as the one purchased. If LE ever finds the killer, there would be a remote possibility that the bag that was used in the crime could have been the last bag to have been removed from the roll of bags in which case they could match the tear-off point.

The problem is that the receipt may not be connected to the crime. Even if it is by the time they find the killer he may have removed other bags from the package and used them for unrelated purposes.

JMO.

IMO only of course...
I usually take all news reports with somewhat of a grain of salt, but I do lean towards believing that what the Fox reported is probably their best effort as to what they think is true. The tuft of hair sounds like it could be related. The receipt could have blown in from anywhere, but the likelihood of it being in that area and having trash bags as one of the items does seem a little coincidental. However, when people grocery shop, I am assuming that trash bags is a pretty common item. I am more interested in what other items would also be on that list. If the receipt is connected in any way, I would be willing to bet there is at least one other item the person would have bought for supplies related to this case.

I am glad LE seems to really be putting forth a tremendous effort in this case. I am holding out hope that they will find her killer quickly. LE seems to be trying to their best ability, and I am so glad of that.

I think it would be a shame for us to get sidetracked with untrue information. *If police had receipts, I would expect them to also have access to video surveillance of the purchase ... so wouldn't they also know what this person looked like.

"Investigator Trevor Materasso of the Westminster Police Department said that "60 percent" of what Fox 31 reported Sunday night was "erroneous and bad information."

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...from-park-near-where?source=pkg#ixzz2A2HxNk1L

The difficulity I have always had with a reply... is the recipient cannot hear nor see my demeanor.
FLY ...mine is friendly.

In the Websleuths community there are people who are looking for 'Cliff Notes'(I am borrowing that from another poster) run down on the current thread. It would be impossible to link every short reply to the MSN. In a fast moving thread with hundreds of posts there will of course be confusion. That is the job of the Mods to corral rumors and hold us to TOS rules.

I 'get' your emphasis on the importance of 'fact'. I realize your concern on posts spreading disinformation. But,I feel it is within the Websleuths TOS for our community of sleuths run down 'MSN leads'....using MSN links. That is how I read posts...as another poster said using 'critical thinking' skills to separate the wheat from the chaff. I know there have been instances in heated discussions of putting people on ignore. If a poster is breaking TOS rules (i.e.rumors,sleuthing minors,being snarky )the Mods have absolute authority to put a period to it.

That was *the spirit of my post....answering a fellow posters *question *as to the source of the 'receipts'.

This is just my opinion. I apologize for taking away from the true reason we are all here. Please, delete my post if it offends,is too long winded or breaks any rules.

We know they found "bags", plural.

One with the remains ON it, one with the remains IN it perhaps?

The one with the remains IN it is the one found by the workers, so perhaps they were not placed together...?

:dunno:

Surely by now LE knows exactly what type of bag was at the crime scene. For example, a Glad ForceFlex Trash Bag, Drawstring 30 Gallon, as opposed an industrial type bag only used in certain jobs.

I 'assume' the receipt showed the same type bag and that's what perked LE interest. The receipt was probably found shortly after her body was found for LE to have traced it down to watching hours and hours of store video.

I agree and an investigator certainly should be able to tell the difference. jmo:banghead:

I used to believe that too, before an incident near us -- this was back when they were finding the bodies of women who had been dumped 3-18 months earlier. They thought they had found another victim when they found what was characterized as a strawberry blond scalp, but it turned out to be part of a small dog, probably a cocker, that had been torn by animals. The scalplike part came from the rear hip area, most likely.

Why do we not have a sketch of the May Kettner Lake kidnapping suspect? That seems critical at this point.

How on earth would they find an identical trash bag what the ?! =]

If this is what you mean, when bags are made they come from a common piece of plastic and in the process of making the bags they are cut and there is a pattern to the plastic that can be matched up. I remember from the case I linked.

http://vanceholmes.com/court/trial_greineder.html

** Ziploc bags:

Two of three Ziploc bags found near the body were linked directly to a Ziploc box in Greineder's kitchen pantry by an FBI expert. One bag was stained with his wife's blood, and a pattern in the blood stain matches the distinctive rubber-dimple pattern on the brown work gloves.

The one with the remains IN it is the one found by the workers, so perhaps they were not placed together...?

How do we know they found more than one bag?

Why do we not have a sketch of the May Kettner Lake kidnapping suspect? That seems critical at this point.

If he grabbed her from behind and put a rag over her face, it's quite likely she never got a look at his face.

It is a weird situation when LE comes out to contradict a source considered to be MSM. ('Course, it is Fox, lol.)

It's important to realize how windy these areas are, with all the open spaces without trees. I lived in Jessica's neighborhood and the wind would blow so hard that sometimes it would sound like the roof was going to come off. The windows would rattle like crazy. Trucks have been blown over on Hwy 93 (just west of this area) before. The searchers were dealing with 38 mph winds a few days ago. So it obviously makes LE's job a lot harder when sorting through evidence, all kinds of debris can get blown far from where it was dropped.

If the winds blow that hard could her remains have been blown to that area or scattered. Is this really where she was left? tia

I used to believe that too, before an incident near us -- this was back when they were finding the bodies of women who had been dumped 3-18 months earlier. They thought they had found another victim when they found what was characterized as a strawberry blond scalp, but it turned out to be part of a small dog, probably a cocker, that had been torn by animals. The scalplike part came from the rear hip area, most likely.

How likely is there to have been a bad dog fight in that particular area?

Not very, I imagine it's not the sort of place dog walkers would go, especially if it's very windy.

Perhaps a local would know for sure?

:cow:

How do you know they found "bags" (plural)?

If he grabbed her from behind and put a rag over her face, it's quite likely she never got a look at his face.

When she passed him the first time, he was facing her.

We don't know that more than one bag was found. I'm going with the Posts rendition of things, and am taking the entire article by Fox News with a block of salt. It sounded like the post actually spoke to the trash collectors themselves. Fox is the news equivalent of the Enquirer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3