CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Ramsey case, which also took place in the Denver area, there were many, many leaks. People lost their jobs, lawsuits were filed, etc. Some leaks may happen on purpose, to put pressure on a suspect, but I also think the media can offer certain members of LE some $$ if they release some info.

further thought: the woman with the disguised voice in the king sooper bit on the fox video talks about the investigation of the receipt as in the background the fox news reporter interviewing her says her identity is concealed because the employees have been asked not to speak to the news media BY LAW ENFORCEMENT. :no:

lots of places all this "info" may be coming from.

I would not have spoken to the news even if my identity was concealed. What if it is true that the abductor shopped/shops there. He possibly now knows her identity....I would be shaking in my boots, afraid I was being stalked...how foolish for the news to put her in this spot.

Out again until later. Hoping for a bit more critical analysis and waiting on a statement from LE.

So the reciepts were found in the area of Jessicas remains?
fox says so...I think...

I am waiting for the official word from WPD:

Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
Details may be limited to protect investigation/prosecution and for public safety #jessicaridgeway #justiceforjessica
Expand
34m Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
PD ask for patience as we work to get an official update, only Westminster gives official case details #jessicaridgeway #justiceforjessica
Expand
37m Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
Due to information aired by media last night, we have received numerous request for upated information. #jessicaridgeway #justiceforjessica
Expand
https://twitter.com/WestminsterPD

I just found this article from this morning, can any local tell us where this localtion is in regards to the JR areas. I do not want to speculate to much, but could the reports from last night have caused the prep freak out and commit suicide? It just seemed like a strange place for this man to choose to kill himself; a park, next to a school, with a trail that the kids use when walking to and from school. Here is the link to the article, please let me know what is this location in relation to JR, and if this is not allowed mods please remove. TIA.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...brucker-park-near-mt-carbon-elementary-school

20 mi due south of where remains were found.

So the reciepts were found in the area of Jessicas remains?

Yes from what I read..about 1/2 mile away from her remains if I recall correctly. I also thought it was with a tuft of hair.

I would not have spoken to the news even if my identity was concealed. What if it is true that the abductor shopped/shops there. He possibly now knows her identity....I would be shaking in my boots, afraid I was being stalked...how foolish for the news to put her in this spot.

Yeah, no doubt. If I had potentially come face to face with a person who has abducted and committed God only knows what damage to that poor child and is suspected of other attacks on women too, I wouldn't take any chances and agree to interview even if my identity was somehow protected.

Littleton is a about 30 minutes or so from Westminster/Arvada. But yeah so close to a school is creepy!

Elementary schools are everywhere. Especially in the suburbs, it's hard to get anywhere that isn't that close to a school!

Where was the hair found in relation to the body etc? Same park?

Hopefully they can do a DNA analysis quickly and let us know if this is related or not.

If it does turn out to be the guy then he probally commited suicide because he couldn't stop himself from what he was doing. JMO

Who knows? It is interesting that the park is on W. Cross Avenue.

Another poster (sorry, I am a newbie and have not figured out the multi-quote function yet) mentioned that this sight would be about 20 mi. due south of the JR locations. Added with the hinky "cross" connection, does anybody else think that this suicide could be the perp? If so, I would assume that LE would check for any connection due to the fact it is also in Jeffco wouldn't they?

It just seems strange that someone would choose a location where a kid might be the person to find the body. At the very least it is extremely disrespectful because that child could be messed up for life after seeing something like that. :moo:

Hopefully they can do a DNA analysis quickly and let us know if this is related or not.

He was found near Xenon Street and Cross Avenue. The Cross part makes me cringe a bit. I'm probably reading way too much into it...

Have the JR websleuths already hashed the possible significance of the three marks on the cross?

The person who leaked by definition, is the WPD.

Are we so sure this "leak" is unintentional?

:waitasec:

Good point but if intentional, we will never know it ;)

20 mi due south of where remains were found.

Also ... quoting myself ... very close to a major thoroughfare (C470 ... which loops around most of the metro area ... you drive it north and where it ends, you can take 93 up toward boulder, which is the road her remains were. Aw, I need a map. How do I do that?

Elementary schools are everywhere. Especially in the suburbs, it's hard to get anywhere that isn't that close to a school!

nearly every neighborhood has an ES it seems... just a creepy place to commit suicide- however the park may have had some sort of meaning for him... who knows really.

He was found near Xenon Street and Cross Avenue. The Cross part makes me cringe a bit. I'm probably reading way too much into it...

I don't think your reading too much into it at all. Maybe he left the cross as a sign to where he would commit suicide. Oh my, I need to quit reading so many crime books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3