CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry - wasn't referring to your post, but the discrepancies between the written article in your link and the video in the same link. In the video, around 1:57, they lay out that the Ketner attacker was described as light-skinned and the attacker last night, Hispanic.

The written description, about the seventh paragraph in that article, contradicts the video.

Not a big deal...the news gets their own info wrong sometimes!

All kinds of disinfo going on right now. So many new leaks came out yesterday that I don't know what to think.

What dna could they have from this attempted abduction to compare to Jessica?

I think I would make it a point to engage the buddy system for awhile if I lived in the area...am surprised that women and even kids are still alone out there long enough for all of these attempted attacks, etc.

No, it is my understanding that the receipts were from before the murder, I believe the receipts are 4 months old. Odd though why he would put the receipts unless they were just attached to the bag somehow...

Or they blew out of the car door. I lose things out of the car when we get high winds, one time I thought I had loan docs with my SSN fly out the back window!

Yes, it did Wishbone. Imo, this would indicate that this may have been a duo all along?

A Close Encounter With A Killer Mind
By Tyrra B Meserve

Since the beginning of time, within every culture, in every society, there have been those who are incapable of adapting and blending within the boundaries of their communal environment.

Driven by a force that is incomprehensible to the peers upon which they prey, they feed on the terror and panic their crimes leave in the heart of the community. Unable to control their carnal desires for more than just brief moments, they reside in the dark recesses of the mind, opportunistically seizing victims to compensate for shortcomings they themselves are unable to overcome. Behind false smiles, it is truly then that the eyes become the window to the soul, or in some cases, the lack thereof.

In most instances, the serial killer acts alone, extracting pleasure from the anonymity that he presents. However, in rare cases, these predators find in each other a kindred mind, linking up to work together, proving the old adage of water seeking its own level, even for heinous reasons. Whether the union is long-term, or short-lived, these serial killing partners present a unique problem for law enforcement officers trying to solve crimes.

Read More - http://www.greenepublishing.com/oldsitesave/archivethirtyseven.html

That is chilling! This crime is so gruesome that I won't be surprised if we find out two monsters are working together.

Anyone heard any updates on the suspected suicide this morning near a school? Any additional info. on the person found?

Anyone know when and how the WPD is planning to do their "additional information/clarifications" today? Is a presser planned?

Snipped by me:

I have not heard anything more about the possible suicide, or the person found. It is not likely that we will hear anything else unless he was somehow connected to JR.

I too am wondering about the WPD additional info, so if anybody has please update us. TIA

Given the high (gusty) winds in the area and the fact that much of the searching, evidence collecting, etc was going on in the open space (even more susceptible to winds dislodging and blowing small bits of paper great distances), I am not sure how much stock I am willing to put in these receipts being related to Jessie's case.

JMO

There are only a couple of reason that I can think of to keep grocery receipts. One, if you can write off something you bought, like office supplies. Two, if you bought stuff for someone who was paying you back, and you needed the receipt to show them.

Otherwise, why keep a grocery store receipt?

The thing about keeping her socks was in the KDVR article from last night that LE said was 60% wrong, I will find the link:

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/21/exclusiv...uspect-linked-to-unsolved-attack-sources-say/

So take it for what it is worth, but in keeping with the theory that I proposed earlier about it being a controlled "leak" from LE in order to draw out the killer, IMHO it could be accurate. As to why this sick ******er would keep her socks, I do not know and I do not even want to speculate about it because it makes my stomach churn.

Here is that part.

Snipped from article:

Fox 31 Denver has learned new details about the Ridgeway murder investigation showing investigators are making progress in finding her killer.

In the days after she vanished, investigators asked the public to stop looking at what the 10-year-old girl was wearing when she vanished, and pay more particular attention to her facial features.

“She has a gap in-between her front teeth,” said Westminster police investigator Trevor Materasso.

Sources say the reason police asked the public to change their focus is because when they found Ridgeway’s book bag after her disappearance, her clothes were inside. A source said only her socks were missing.

---------------

Hi I am catching up from last night. I just read an article on one of these pages, maybe from Denver Post that all Jessica had on was her socks. Back to reading.:seeya:

What dna could they have from this attempted abduction to compare to Jessica?

Touch DNA, imo..

Evidence
One of the most important factors in determining the cause of a crime is the evidence left behind at the scene. Perhaps a quote from well-known criminologist Edmond Locard best describes the forensic approach to gathering evidence. His motto of "Every contact leaves a trace" suggests that all criminals leave behind some clue and take with them some evidence that links them to the crime.

Read more: How Is Forensic Science Used to Solve Crimes? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5128441_forensic-science-used-solve-crimes.html#ixzz2A3wJUGBa

There are only a couple of reason that I can think of to keep grocery receipts. One, if you can write off something you bought, like office supplies. Two, if you bought stuff for someone who was paying you back, and you needed the receipt to show them.

agreed, mine always end up in teh grocery store plastic bags, which then get reused as small wastecan liners at my house.

Just chills you to the bone. Quite clear that in this case there are 2 involved. Interesting too that the guy who got out of the car was wearing shorts and some sort of light colored tennis shoes.

Makes you wonder if possibly the UNSUB in Jessica's case used her as practice before moving on to adult females which in a lot of cases is how these killers start out as well. Either that or people have gone crazy all over and there are killers and rapists wherever you turn.

I use the plastic grocery bags for my husband's lunch bags and there is always a receipt in about one out of every five bags. But that does not explain how a receipt would have ended up the same place as a trash bag.

We now have how many attempted abductions all within the general area of Jessica's abduction and murder?

1)
We have an attempt abduction at Ketner lake with chemical soaked rag.

2)
We have another attempt at Ketner lake with chemical soaked rag.

3)
We have an attempted abduction/sexual assault where the perp left DNA(that was matched to the DNA found at Jessica's crime scene.)

4)
We have an attempted abduction just last week outside a bar where a chemical soaked rag was used(note 2 perps in this case)

5)
We have an attempted child abduction where the male appears to fit similar description of Ketner lake suspect.(2 teenagers witnessed and fought off perp from taking child)

6)
We have an attempted abduction via enticement of a child on 9/9

7)
We have another attempted abduction via enticement of a child on 9/14(perp believed to be the same from 9/9)

8)
We have an attempted abduction of a 14year old.

My God!.. If Im not mistaken they all are from this year(some very recent) except for one that occurred in 2010.. I personally do not believe that they are all the work of one perp.. But I do believe that just as the dna match from the attempted abduction/sexual assault has been linked to Jessica's case.. I believe my initial thoughts on this perp NOT being a pedophile are likely accurate and that the victimology changed due to his ineptitude at subduing his preferece of victiim, adult female...which led to him targeting a female child ..

I believe that its very likely that this perp who is responsible for Jess abduction/murder is responsible for a couple of the above failed attempts ..but that the others are unrelated and possibly more than one other perp is involved in those unrelated attempts..

reminder (because I see that "video" coming into the conversation again): do not link to that youtube video of Jessica's remains. It is a :nono:

FWIW, if LE has a DNA profile of the perp, then they know what his race is.

I don't keep them for either of those reasons. I am lazy and just leave them hanging around. That's the truth. They just sit around until I recycle them.

FWIW, if LE has a DNA profile of the perp, then they know what his race is.

The standard CODIS and Y-STR profiles used by law enforcement do not tell them anything about the suspects race or physical characteristics.

Or they blew out of the car door. I lose things out of the car when we get high winds, one time I thought I had loan docs with my SSN fly out the back window!

I used to joke that the way I cleaned out my car was to open both doors at the same time when it was windy out. At least I told people I was joking..:blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810