CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eyup. I was molested by my friends dad, who was also a neighbor and close family friend. Ironically, my parents had me go to his house because I was a latch key kid and they didn't want me home alone.

I also had a friend growing up who's mother was extremely overprotective, and she ended up dying of alcohol poisoning in college. Not saying it's mom's fault but she definitely had a "make up for lost time" mentality once she left home, which contributed to her wild behavior.

I think the public hysteria over stranger danger ends up being more damaging to kids than any danger these predators pose. Which is not to say you shouldn't take precautions, but you shouldn't teach your kids to be afraid of their own shadow either.

I'm very sorry for what you went through. Thank you for sharing.

Eyup. I was molested by my friends dad, who was also a neighbor and close family friend. Ironically, my parents had me go to his house because I was a latch key kid and they didn't want me home alone.

I also had a friend growing up who's mother was extremely overprotective, and she ended up dying of alcohol poisoning in college. Not saying it's mom's fault but she definitely had a "make up for lost time" mentality once she left home, which contributed to her wild behavior.

I think the public hysteria over stranger danger ends up being more damaging to kids than any danger these predators pose. Which is not to say you shouldn't take precautions, but you shouldn't teach your kids to be afraid of their own shadow either.

Absolutely true...Great post! Couldn't agree with you more :great:

How can it be a direct link, but not the same person.:waitasec:

Chemicals found on both victims, both victims were victimized on holiday weekends (memorial day and Columbus day). Both attacks happened during a 3 day weekend for many people. Possibly DNA from the attackers was related but not a match. Brothers? Cousins? Father/son?

I think there are many ways the cases could be linked but have a different perp.

What in the hell is going on?...and seriously i dont wanna hear this is how its always been!..BS!

LINk: http://www.9news.com/news/article/29...on-at-bus-stop

8-year-old escapes attempted abduction at bus stop

Aurora police are looking for a green colored SUV after a report that two men attempted to lure an 8-year-old girl into a "Jeep-like" vehicle Monday morning.

It happened around 8:30 a.m. at a school bus stop near the intersection of East Louisiana Avenue and South Idalia Street.

Police say the girl reported the two men pulled up next to the child and the driver told her to get in the car. The child refused and ran up to her friends who were walking to the bus stop ahead of her. The SUV fled northbound.

Exactly.

If your inner danger alarm is going off every time you see a man walking alone or two teens laughing together or every time the leaves rustle, it isn't very useful as a guide for what to do. Constant alerts can mask a real danger if it ever comes your way.

Jon Krakauer talked about this in his book on the 1996 tragedies on Mt Everest, Into Thin Air. He wrote that he's interviewed many climbers who have given up on summiting on a particular climb for no other reason than that they looked out of their tent and it just didn't feel right, there was a little inner voice telling them not that day. Regarding that inner message had saved more than one climber from disaster.

He said that in his case, his little inner voice is always screaming "YOU'RE GONNA DIEEEEEE!!!" So listening to his inner voice is useless in making a decision as to whether it is safe enough to make a summit bid (on any mountain, not just Everest).

Wasn't it a holiday for some the day Jessica went?

We know the jogger attack was memorial day, IIRC.

Oct 5 World Teachers' Day

The United Nations' (UN) World Teachers' Day celebrates the role teachers play in providing quality education at all levels. This enables children and adults of all ages to learn to take part in and contribute to their local community and global society.

Occult holiday:

October 5: Opening of Mundus Cereris

"Mundus Cereris was the womb or labyrinthine passage to the underworld"

(you can Google futher to get more on the meaning of it)

I have to disagree that Jessica had no chance the minute she was abducted. If she had been reported missing 8 hours earlier people would have been looking for her. The abductor could have even had the radio on and telling Jessica that no one was looking for her. I wonder how many people Jessica saw while with the abductor? The perp probably would have been less confident if he'd heard on the radio that she was missing.

Don't know of any friends who actually listen to the radio anymore...got a couple who listen to NPR....but that has nothing to do with anything current.....

Maybe it's not a good thing...but been years since I actually listened to "Radio".....

BBM

Oct 5 World Teachers' Day

The United Nations' (UN) World Teachers' Day celebrates the role teachers play in providing quality education at all levels. This enables children and adults of all ages to learn to take part in and contribute to their local community and global society.

Occult holiday:

October 5: Opening of Mundus Cereris

"Mundus Cereris was the womb or labyrinthine passage to the underworld"

(you can Google futher to get more on the meaning of it)

Oh wow I didn't see THAT coming!

:what:

Exactly.

If your inner danger alarm is going off every time you see a man walking alone or two teens laughing together or every time the leaves rustle, it isn't very useful as a guide for what to do. Constant alerts can mask a real danger if it ever comes your way.

Jon Krakauer talked about this in his book on the 1996 tragedies on Mt Everest, Into Thin Air. He wrote that he's interviewed many climbers who have given up on summiting on a particular climb for no other reason than that they looked out of their tent and it just didn't feel right, there was a little inner voice telling them not that day. Regarding that inner message had saved more than one climber from disaster.

He said that in his case, his little inner voice is always screaming "YOU'RE GONNA DIEEEEEE!!!" So listening to his inner voice is useless in making a decision as to whether it is safe enough to make a summit bid (on any mountain, not just Everest).

There is an excellent book on this subject called The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker. I highly recommend everyone read this book. It can save your life and teaches you how to learn the difference between irrational fear and knowing when to act on your inner voice.

I also wonder if he is not a professional, like say Dr or Dentist, something of that nature. He would fit in, have access to some drugs/chemicals, have Holidays off, maybe even off on Fridays to play golf? Just thinking out loud.

I was even thinking Realtor. There are quite a few homes for sale in Jessica's neighborhood, some may be empty. If they have a lockbox, he could easily let himself in. Plus people in the area may be used to seeing him in the area, including kids.
I have wondered what Jessica may have done the weekend before her abduction, if she could have crossed paths, even when in the presence of her family.
Were there garage sales in the area?

I thought LE said there is a direct link from Jessica to the may case at ketner lake but that they don't know that it was the same person.

Here is the link

http://www.9news.com/news/article/295677/339/Ridgeway-Memorial-Day-lake-attack-connected

WESTMINSTER - The Westminster police announced on Monday evening there is a direct link between the Memorial Day attempted abduction at Ketner Lake and the Jessica Ridgeway murder case.

Investigator Trevor Materasso would not say if investigators believe the same person was involved in both attacks.

"We're limited beyond that to talk in detail or give specifics on how those two connections are made," Investigator Trevor Materasso told 9NEWS.

Then that makes me wonder if they feel there's more than one person involved, a gang, cult or just a couple of men. Maybe there was more than just one person's DNA on the body. :( Also could these be temporary workers, construction, factory, etc, because of the one woman's murder found under the apple tree in another county. I mean do they move around with their jobs? The woman wasn't murdered at the apple tree scene and it doesn't sound like Jessica was at the scene either. Are there other items besides little crosses we're not hearing about now?

Thank you. This is so encouraging, and I think it is a sign that we, as a society, are startting to change for the better and a lot more people are willing to stand up to a perp(s) or at least not go down without a fight.

A perfect example is the hijacking of airplanes (or lack thereof anymore). Ever since 9/11, we have seen MANY instances of the public on airplanes taking down people who were disrupting the flight and acting threatening to the flight. To me, this shows us that a lot more of the general public has changed for the better, and are much more willing to jump in and help out.
Before 9/11, it seems we behaved like "sheep" on a plane, but nowadays, I am convinced and comfortable that if something happens, there would be enough people willing to take action if needed.

There is a lot we can do, and if we no longer have our strength as we get older, we can still help out in other ways like you mentioned if a bad sitiuation develops.

The key is to educate and help more people to become willing to help out in times of need.

I really think mace is still a good idea for folks who can't fight. You might get maced yourself, but chances are the perp will run away. I'd use one of those mace things that have the loud alarm.

I had so many strange guys who would follow too close, etc, when I was a teen. My friend and I even had the 'come to my van and sign the forms to become models' scam from a strange dude at the mall. Cars would pull over almost every time I walked or jogged on this stretch of road that had trees between the developments and the street. It was really terrifying, honestly.

So I took to carrying a very sharp, fairly long pocket knife on my keychain. I opened it any time I was going through a parking lot, walking alone, etc. I would also physically turn around and stare down any guy who followed too closely while I was alone, with a look that said 'Are you up to anything?'

I had one guy drop back and then say, "Is that an actual knife?!" I said (nicely), "Yep. Much better than mace!." He said, "I saw that and figured I'd stay back a bit" and laughed.

"Exactly the idea!" was what I told him. And we laughed. And he stayed a nice distance behind me :D :D

*** One thing I really would tell kids is just to not let adults get close to them. If someone pulls over to ask questions, they should be far away. If it's a teacher of theirs or some neighbor, they should still be far away. They can even answer people they know, walking their dog or whatever, but they should back up and keep a very large distance, no matter who is talking to them if they don't have a parent with them.

Simply keeping a very large distance is easier than you might think, and it doesn't involve the kind of drama many women and kids aren't comfortable with in an iffy situation. Knives are optional :ROFL:

Don't know of any friends who actually listen to the radio anymore...got a couple who listen to NPR....but that has nothing to do with anything current.....

Maybe it's not a good thing...but been years since I actually listened to "Radio".....

BBM

No one listens to the radio in the car? I mostly listen to satellite radio but will still occasionally listen to regular radio.

You really don't think the perp was keeping an eye on the media to see how much time he had? I'd think he'd be monitoring radio, maybe TV if he went to a house or hotel, maybe even a scanner.

I'd be a paranoid criminal, I'd have to listen to find out if my crime had been discovered.

Then that makes me wonder if they feel there's more than one person involved, a gang, cult or just a couple of men. Maybe there was more than just one person's DNA on the body. :( Also could these be temporary workers, construction, factory, etc, because of the one woman's murder found under the apple tree in another county. I mean do they move around with their jobs? The woman wasn't murdered at the apple tree scene and it doesn't sound like Jessica was at the scene either. Are there other items besides little crosses we're not hearing about now?

I'm sure there are -- they probably picked up everything at every site, from pop cans to dog poop to castoff cigarette butts, used condoms, and grasshoppers. And they're testing all of it just in case. At least 90 per cent of it will be irrelevant.

Ack...interesting to note virginity is significant in this ceremony, as is this -

However, back to the porca praecidanea. Usually this would be a pig. It would be cleansed and sanctified in Ceres' name, sacrificed and the entrails removed. These form the offering to Ceres

http://www.oocities.org/the_pagan_heart/Articles/Festivals/July05.html

The porca praecidanea is the sacrifice. Usually a pig (or other large animal), can be a pumpkin, probably where the Halloween pumpkin came from.

Ack...interesting to note virginity is significant in this ceremony, as is this -

However, back to the porca praecidanea. Usually this would be a pig. It would be cleansed and sanctified in Ceres' name, sacrificed and the entrails removed. These form the offering to Ceres

http://www.oocities.org/the_pagan_heart/Articles/Festivals/July05.html

The porca praecidanea is the sacrifice. Usually a pig (or other large animal), can be a pumpkin, probably where the Halloween pumpkin came from.

Probably also the origin of the custom of pigging out on the entrails, a.k.a. roasted pumpkin seeds :D

The road had been closed most of the summer for construction/road improvements... I think it reopened in late September, later than they had originally said. There were likely a lot of crews in and out that got to know the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member