CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When clothes are pulled off of you they come off inside out He wasnt going to place his arm inside the clothes to turn them rightside out! JMO And my guess he was in a huge hurry

An organized killer is usually calm, cool and collected. Not all clothes that are taken off are turned inside out. It just depends on how they are removed. Also, who knows if he put his arms inside them or not? Perhaps he did. We know LE has his DNA.

Is there any type of job somebody would have access to chloroform besides the medical field?

Pumpkins are native to North America and were/are commonly eaten in the fall. The folk tradition of carving pumpkins did not become popular here until an influx of Irish and Scottish immigrants in the 1800s -- who used to carve turnips as lanterns in their native countries.

That site quoted above probably isn't allowable on here. It was an old geocities site... anyone who signed up with Yahoo, many years ago, could have a geocities site.

Wow! OT but I just ate pumpkin for dinner, lol. Most people only think of pumpkin pies but I <3 pumpkin soups.

IF... it is true that Jessica's clothes was found in the backpack...folded neatly...it tells a lot about the killer IMHO.

One way or another, yes.

From what I've read, the most common reason a victim's clothes are found neatly folded is that the perp forced the victim to disrobe. The victim draws it out by neatly folding each article of clothing because they know that what is likely to happen next will be worse than being forced to undress.

So if a victim's clothes are found neatly folded by the victim, it indicates that the crime was taking place somewhere the perp felt safe and could take his time. It may also indicate that the perp was enjoying the victim's fear (and possible shame), which may mean the perp is sadistic in nature.

If the perp folded the clothing neatly, it may indicate he felt some sense of remorse after the fact. Or he may be a methodical person who was carefully tracking each piece of potential evidence that he wanted to be sure did not get left somewhere that would incriminate him.

There are probably other things that can be inferred; those were just the top two.

Heads up, OT--for those who were discussing Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker several pages back, I just went to grab it and noticed it's only $1.99 for Kindle edition on Amazon. Thought I'd mention it. Won't link in case it violates site rules.

thanks, that was a good deal!!

Well, technically, DNA comes from both parents.

ETA: God planned it this way so that when a kid messes up, either parent can say to the other one, "Well, don't look at me, he's just like you."

The Y chromosome has to come from the father, though. The mother can only contribute an X.

for those of you who've studied serial killers, what do they usually do when they find out LE has their DNA? do they stay put and act calm? do they usually run?

is there ANYTHING the jogger can tell us about him?

Wow! OT but I just ate pumpkin for dinner, lol. Most people only think of pumpkin pies but I <3 pumpkin soups.

I can't believe you didn't offer to share with your WS friends! :waitasec:

Is there any type of job somebody would have access to chloroform besides the medical field?

I actually think true "medical" places do NOT have access to chloroform as it is not used on people at all anymore by the profession. I work in a scientific research lab, and we have it, and I can say that it is much more regulated than it was years ago. Ironically, having nothing to do with the fact that it has been used criminally, but for the fact that it is now considered a suspected cancer causing agent, or some such. Lol, everything we work with causes something bad, I no longer can keep track of what causes what, just wear gloves and work in the fume hood with it all regardless. Interestingly enough... even the bottles of ultra pure water that we buy for research are now labelled with warnings. I guess you can die if you ingest enough water, or pour it in a tub and stick your head in it... Lol...
So, sorry for the rant. Chloroform can be made, or can be found in various research labs. If there are chemical burns left on the victim, I can say it is not reagent or "medical" grade chloroform. I think Grainne posted about ether in some automotive fluids... My bet is something like that.

The other thing they should investigate is whether there found any animals/pets mutilated around (or buried) where JR disappeared in the last couple of years.

It could also be disappearance of pets / animals.

whenever i think of Colorado, i only think about cult. don't know why. may be the mountain-regions where they are comfortable. But why bury close to her abduction place. May be to throw off the investigation that the prep might be someone close-by?

If it is a single-prep, then he is a Psycho. Guess from his previous failed abduction, he is learning to hunt humans.

So true, alot of people start out doing this to animals when they're kids.

Well,out of curiosity a few days ago I took my kids book bags and put them down.They did not stand up.They fell over.So I stuffed clothes in one.They all did not fit in the book bag and the bag did not stand up right.I folded clothes in the other book bag.That one did stand up.

One way or another, yes.

From what I've read, the most common reason a victim's clothes are found neatly folded is that the perp forced the victim to disrobe. The victim draws it out by neatly folding each article of clothing because they know that what is likely to happen next will be worse than being forced to undress.

So if a victim's clothes are found neatly folded by the victim, it indicates that the crime was taking place somewhere the perp felt safe and could take his time. It may also indicate that the perp was enjoying the victim's fear (and possible shame), which may mean the perp is sadistic in nature.

If the perp folded the clothing neatly, it may indicate he felt some sense of remorse after the fact. Or he may be a methodical person who was carefully tracking each piece of potential evidence that he wanted to be sure did not get left somewhere that would incriminate him.

There are probably other things that can be inferred; those were just the top two.

:please: What that poor thing must have went through, I don't know as a parent if it would be worse never finding a missing child or having to hear all these types of things. I can't imagine what those parents are going through.

One way or another, yes.

Or... it could indicate that the killer is a compulsive perfectionist and/or aesthetic, which I belive he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129