CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hesitate to post unconfirmed rumors, but I know everyone is looking at every angle, so I'm going to do it anyway. REMEMBER, THIS IS WEB RUMOR ONLY AND JUST FOR DISCUSSION REGARDING THE POSSIBILITY!!! It is claimed by "sources" that the abduction site was the open area near the school.
Any thoughts?

It does not make sense that it would be near school. Recall she was suppose to meet the friend, who according to the Denver post artixle, lived 4-5 minutes away. We know she left 8:30, the mother says. The friend left 8:40 when she did not arrive.

If she got kidnapped near the school why was she late to meet the friend? I assume she got kidnapped between 8:30-8:35 between her house and the friends house. That would explain why she did not arrive at the friends house (or park or wherever she was going to meet him). She should have met him by 8:40 and she did not.

The only way she could have gotten kidnapped near the school, I think, is if the mother made a mistake in the timeline that morning (which is possible, she had no reason to monitor every minute) OR JR was slow walking OR did something outside the house that day (like play w her dog) before embarking on her walk. Maybe it was more like 8:35- 8:40 when she really left her house or the immediate area outside her house rather than 8:30. She got to the friends house or park and he was not there. She walked alone and got kidnapped in the open space near school. I do not think perp lured her, I think he came up behind her w chloroform and she never knew what hit her, I hope she never woke up to discover what was going on and feel that horrible fear,

It could aslo have been maybe JR varied her walk. Maybe she felt she was being followed so maybe she did not turn off to what look like maybe more deserted streets to friends house. maybe she walked to school directly and did not go by friends house bc she was being followed. Then when perp got her in more deserted area he got her, with chloroform I believe or just grabbed her.

The question is if while interviewing a friend of J's who said she didn't walk with me but i saw her walk up to the doors but she didn't come in.

Is that established fact in this case?

Is her being spotted with her specific purple stuffed toy by someone considered a fact in this case?

Never confirmed by LE, as far as I know, so to me, it is not a fact.

Can someone post the scanner thread so I can find out if I'm just reading it wrong?

Never confirmed by LE, as far as I know, so to me, it is not a fact.

Isn't the scanner cops talking to other cops about statements they have taken from witnesses?
If student A said i saw her at the door of the school but she didn't come in. Is that fact?

The question is if while interviewing a friend of J's who said she didn't walk with me but i saw her walk up to the doors but she didn't come in.

Is that established fact in this case?

Is her being spotted with her specific purple stuffed toy by someone considered a fact in this case?

To get a SOLID answer you would have to ask the LE involved, to which they would probably not give the information at this time anyway. I personally think that a lot of the initial info on the scanner was an exchange of information between LE, not facts. Facts are given when the LE go to channel 4 on the scanner so scanner listeners cannot hear them or in their personal discussions/meetings, etc.

I feel like cases where there is a known suspect (even if not named officially by LE) have an "easier" time staying in the media because they can report on everything this "suspect" did. If the "suspect" is a parent, then they are almost obligated to do some media interviews, which increases the amount of attention and discussion for a case. I feel like Lindsey Baum or Elizabeth & Lyric's cases went quieter in the media much quicker than say, Kyron Horman's case.

True, but in this case, it seems there's an abduction attempt everyday. The community is scared and the media doesn't need to interview the creepy step-dad, the crazy mother, or follow the weirdo neighbor in his white van. All they have to say is "dismembered" body, candy man, wood cross, etc..there's enough of a story right now for the media to hold the public's attention.

Plus, LE has continued to communicate with both the media and public. I also think another significant factor is the ability of the family to court the media (Beth Holloway) or the sheer outrageousness of the family (the Anthony family). The McStay family still gets a lot of attention and we don't even know if they went on a permanent vacation or met foul foul play after all this time. There are so many factors that determine which cases remain in the spotlight. This case has the benefit of lots of info still coming from LE and a community that is running scared. The media and public still have a story to follow...

BBM

"Yes, but it does have specific statements by people lines of thought that have been completely dropped."

You've lost me.

"I believe the cop then said she must have come back because the pillow is here. "

Please clarify ... pillow? ... Jessica? I'm not making ay connections.

One reason that what happens on the scanner thread stays on the scanner thread is because it can be misleading and confusing, it is raw conversation that is not always in context. This topic has been brought up here so much though, so a quick recap: someone may have seen a girl with a purple pillow pet walking. However, Jessica's purple pillow pet was at her home. If the LE agent thought it was J seen with the pillow pet, he mused that she must have returned home because the pillow pet was in her home. LE has since determined that she was abducted after leaving her home and did not return, so we can assume the person that saw the walker with the pillow pet had the wrong day or wrong child in mind.

Can someone post the scanner thread so I can find out if I'm just reading it wrong?

It isn't about reading it wrong, IMHO. It is about taking scanner info for fact when it is just initial info being relayed between LE.
Let the scanner info go and focus on what the LE has released on their twitter, FB page, pressers or direct quotes from a named LE source in news articles. Those are the only true FACTS and it will save you a lot of confusion and headaches. :)

Ok so LE confirming to public is what is considered fact and not statements of sightings from witnesses?

Scadder, are you afraid of LE? Only preps need to be afraid of them. They are watching and know. We shouldn't doubt too much.

Can someone post the scanner thread again?

Go to websleuths crime solving community, then go to parking lot, then scanner channel ( near top) then JR thread.
You can find all this right under the websleuths banner at the top of this page

Ok so LE confirming to public is what is considered fact and not statements of sightings from witnesses?

Correct. Because many of the initial things witnesses said were later corrected or changed by those same witnesses. If I don't hear it from LE or FBI, it isn't a fact to me.

It does not make sense that it would be near school. Recall she was suppose to meet the friend, who according to the Denver post artixle, lived 4-5 minutes away. We know she left 8:30, the mother says. The friend left 8:40 when she did not arrive.

If she got kidnapped near the school why was she late to meet the friend? I assume she got kidnapped between 8:30-8:35 between her house and the friends house. That would explain why she did not arrive at the friends house (or park or wherever she was going to meet him). She should have met him by 8:40 and she did not.

The only way she could have gotten kidnapped near the school, I think, is if the mother made a mistake in the timeline that morning (which is possible, she had no reason to monitor every minute) OR JR was slow walking OR did something outside the house that day (like play w her dog) before embarking on her walk. Maybe it was more like 8:35- 8:40 when she really left her house or the immediate area outside her house rather than 8:30. She got to the friends house or park and he was not there. She walked alone and got kidnapped in the open space near school. I do not think perp lured her, I think he came up behind her w chloroform and she never knew what hit her, I hope she never woke up to discover what was going on and feel that horrible fear,

It could aslo have been maybe JR varied her walk. Maybe she felt she was being followed so maybe she did not turn off to what look like maybe more deserted streets to friends house. maybe she walked to school directly and did not go by friends house bc she was being followed. Then when perp got her in more deserted area he got her, with chloroform I believe or just grabbed her.

Interesting, but due to the confusion about where the meeting spot was, this could explain why. I know what you're saying, just trying this one on from different angles. Maybe she didn't walk to his house because she thought they were meeting at the park. That's how I thought it originally went down...they were meeting at the park and then reports of her going to the friends house came out, but maybe SHE thought they were meeting at the park and the friend and his dad thought she was coming to the house...if she was at the park and they didn't show up did she continue on to school so she wouldn't be late? The open space leaves a lot of area for an abduction.
And like I said, I'm not disagreeing with anyone, this is just a rumor and I'm trying to consider the possibilities.

Yes, but it does have SPECIFIC statements by people lines of thought that have been completely dropped. Someone seeing her walk up to the school then leave, one kid stating both he walked with her to the door and she left and her walking and talking to a teachers aide. She was also seen with her purple pillow a specific describtion of it. I believe the cop then said she must have come back because the pillow is here. Just specific statements that were completley dropped.

And with very good reasons they were completely dropped yet the only reason that is relevant here in these threads is the fact that we've been told numerous times by mods to drop the discussion(again not 5 mins ago by a mod, Jbean)..

Several have been so kind as to explain thoroughly several times exactly how scanner info works..and that it is not by any stretch of the imagination written in stone facts..the info in the scanners is fluid and has a great chance of changing slightly to greatly as a case progresses..its exactly this fluid nature that is part of the very good reason why the scanner info is not brought fo the public threads..

Isn't the scanner cops talking to other cops about statements they have taken from witnesses?
If student A said i saw her at the door of the school but she didn't come in. Is that fact?

Think of the scanner as...... the police dispatch radio. It is police central giving assignments; officers seeking clarifications on locations, officers talking to each other; and giving some feedback over the air so all responding with be up on the what for.

The scanner is just documentation of that over the air chatter.

Hope this helps.

I think maybe I"m taking speculation from here and confusing it with facts. Facts I know are there was a lot of stuff said on the scanner thread that people now believe just isn't true. The Sunday Denver Post article had a lot of new information contricting the scanner and the original thoughts. Then Fox 31 talks about DNA link to hair someone could bust open the case, mentioning bodies on bag and other things. Immediately LE tweets 60 percent of that story was bad information.

I don't know the actual facts.

The Westminster Police Department, along with our local, state and federal partners, continues our focused search to identify and apprehend the individual responsible for Jessica Ridgeway’s disappearance and death
Many of those officers are now working in small teams, following up on the tips that have been called in or emailed

http://www.facebook.com/westminsterpolice

I think you can get lots of official information off their web page

and their twitter page

https://twitter.com/WestminsterPD

official pressers can give information as to how this investigation has evolved since day 1 and the gathering of new information.

Hope this helps

Well it may be a fact that the child said it, but later was determined that the child was wrong. Stuff in scanner time is on the fly, info coming in that needs to be verified, checked out.

And with very good reasons they were completely dropped yet the only reason that is relevant here in these threads is the fact that we've been told numerous times by mods to drop the discussion(again not 5 mins ago by a mod, Jbean)..

Several have been so kind as to explain thoroughly several times exactly how scanner info works..and that it is not by any stretch of the imagination written in stone facts..the info in the scanners is fluid and has a great chance of changing slightly to greatly as a case progresses..its exactly this fluid nature that is part of the very good reason why the scanner info is not brought fo the public threads..

I get it's fluid I really do but if there are statements from kids saying she was seen at place A but it's not verified that she ever was at A then it's not a known fact and we can assume that in fact it's not true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member