CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was probably younger, just based on the stats that say that very young and very old victims are often an indication of a young, inexperienced perp.

Yeah, but neither victim was very old or very young. The jogger was what, 22? And Jessica was 10.

I mean, I take that to mean the elderly and/or infants/toddlers.

And still, what are the stats for teen killers? Young, inexperienced perps does not mean teenagers when it comes to crimes like this - the abduction of a child he likely didn't know, the dismemberment, the attempted abduction of another person, a full grown woman.

This is really incredible to me. And yes, we've seen teens who grab a neighbor child off the street, molest and kill them - Raul Renato Castro, Sam Manzie, John Freeman, Robert Thompson and Jon Venables, Mary Bell, Eric Smith - but their victims are generally very young children and they don't also try to abduct adults.

That's what threw me here. This guy is linked to the attempted abduction of a grown woman as well. To me, that indicates he is well beyond the seriously disturbed teen who kills and into psychopathic sadistic killer for pleasure realm. At 17. Dang.

Well there are pictures of a girlfriend all in that account, so he does not fit the profile of being completely antisocial. I wonder if there was an incident w the GF around the times of the attacks. I am sure LE is running to talk to her.

She is yet another victim, as well as the mom.

Signs of antisocial behavior aren't even diagnosed until a person has reached the age of 18. While a person may have exhibited traits of disturbing conduct way before that age, from what I understand, being considered a sociopath, psycopath, etc...isn't determined until they've reached adulthood. At the age of 17 I wouldn't be surprised if he has exhibited some disturbing behavior but was still able to mask it under a somewhat normal persona

Is there a handy link for all the profilers in this case? I always like to see how close each one was.

Thanks

Gotta say I've only been here for about 4 or 5 days. 2 of the cases went from Missing to dead and and in all 3 arrests were recently made. I've felt really lifeless the last three days and just now is the first bit of joy I have felt in awhile. This arrest really lightened my heart. Not sure if it was because he was a predator still on the loose or what. But I'm pretty overjoyed right now.

I am so glad that LE was able to get a repeat offender off of the streets. Who knows what other crimes he would have committed since it appears he was escalating.

Quite a few threads back I mentioned that I felt it was a younger perp than what the profilers were indicating and that I feel these profiles are starting to become outdated. It seems like perps are getting younger and younger. I, for one, would like to see more research into why it seems this is becoming more frequent.
My own theory is more "social media", so if someone isn't social, they feel like even more of an outcast. Bad enough if you have no friends, but no facebook friends, no twitter friends...you get the idea.

Waaaaay back in the thread....when the news of the arrest was breaking.....wasn't it reported that the accused father had a real estate office close to where Jessica lived?

If I could "guess". I'd say
he has a distinctive writing style, one that would be precise, to the point and listed. Think MLA format in college, something you learn your freshman year. If you're taking med classes you write distinctive in another fashion; APA format. It's very hard to break that habit when talking to people online. I'm sure anyone he's spoken to online noted how rigid his interactions were.

I'm guess him to be heavily involved in her "search / rescue", most likely online.

I do not think a person with schizo-affective disorders would be able to be this cunning. I speak from experience in the field. If you look at cases of dismemberment and this disorder, the person who does it - is dazed and doesn't know to clean up or behave in a manner to hide their crime. It happens during a psychosis. That maybe hard for people to understand in the sense that a psychotic would only do something like this. But being psychotic doesn't mean a person has a chemical imbalance.

(hope that made some sense).

This is all too much like the film "We need to talk about Kevin" and I highly recommend everyone read the book, wiki it or look on Youtube. This might help people understand the minds of a sociopath, which is the type that does this sort of thing.

He had an agenda and probably had access to a lab, given his academics and right now is midterms. People are on campus at all odd hours (Im currently a med student so I see people at 4am cramming for studies). Seeing him around wouldn't be odd this time of year. I mean, at least I wouldn't think a kid who's trying to be the next Doogie Houser would be odd spending days off at school. And I believe in the time she was missing, his school calendar might reflect a fall break or some other break. I wasn't out for Columbus day but our fall break was the next week. Something to think about.

He's disciplined, brazen and most likely the next Ted Bundy but stopped. The only reason that jogger escaped is because he doesn't have the gull to really push with an adult, she was a threat to him in the end but a child? Easier. (JMO). This also explains the chemicals, he most likely used embalming fluid and that would be the "smell".

This is all me speculating and I do not think this is his first kill, however, if there are others they would be near by. I would think it's mostly animals though, ones he's dissected to learn. I know people are hung up on the cross bit (no pun intended there), he's at an age where most of us were looking into all sorts of faiths and trying to learn. I know at that age I was curious about everything the world held. He might have had a faith that was a mixture of two. Say... Jewish/Christian. *I'm a Jew, and there's reasons why I'm bringing up that part*. His fixation it seemed with #'s, relation to 3 and maybe even his online names will give away his inspiration and where his head is at. See, at that age he THINKS he knows everything but he has no experience as a criminal or how to survive much. He did live at home, so I bet he left an online trail. He's too analytical, meticulous, daring and curious to just abandon her case and not try to help. I bet he offered help in all sorts of ways, tossing out "idea" of the killer, but not exposing who he was directly. If he was doing that then I'm sure he also did red herrings and pushed false information and leads that were debunked, to thwart the conversation but still keep engaged.

If they look at his online activity, I'm sure a lot will be answered.

BUT THIS IS JUST MY OPNION and I'm not LE, or anything. Just an observer.

I respect what you are saying...but if he's "analytical, meticulous, daring and curious," then he's an organized killer, schizophrenia or not.
I have a son with this disorder. He is kind, brilliant, fast-thinking. He also forgets to shower and sleep and he has some other freaky disordered thinking habits. To meet him, you would never know he has issues....until the third time you are around him. Then you might notice something different....
These guys learn their social cues well. They just can't sustain them.

There may be more arrests to come, just pointing out that the nighttime abduction attempt was by more than one perp.

The name he used as his instagram username is also found with the Youtube account rankromcomms. The description note says, "Hey Dohastvath here..." and it is promoting a singer who is from Denver. The voiceover is done by the owner of the account, it seems, and he does sound like a 13 - 14 year old boy, which is the age AS would have been at the time that was uploaded. It does appear to be his account.

This likely won't be a popular opinion, but I feel like I have to say it.

I am over the moon that the killer has been captured and that he is cooperating with police.

17 years old is def. old enough to know better, but something must be really, really wrong in his head. I always feel bad for children/teens that commit crime because I think life is so hard during those ages. I think his wiring must be really screwed up/something must have happened to him, etc. His eyes do show some kind of darkness/sadness and he may have been born that way. Who knows. I just can't imagine what would possess a child/teen to act in such a destructive way. It breaks my heart for so many lives to be ruined. Sadly, his mother will likely be blamed by many people and I'm sure she is feeling some terrible guilt inside since he is her child.

17 years old!! What is wrong with these kids today??
What are we doing wrong as a society ??
Thankful that this case was brought to a quick close..
Did anyone get screen shots of his FB was he ever in Iowa??

Justice for Jessica poor baby..RIP

I hope they test his DNA before they call off the dogs. Somehow I don't think it was this simple...I still have alarm bells in my head, kind of like I do when there is still 15 minutes left in Criminal Minds when they arrest the unsub...You just know there is going to be more to the episode. Not saying he isn't the right guy but...I don't know...Anyone else's spidey sense in a tizzy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans