CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
gitana1 said:
I don't think it works that way. I think you can only trace relations through mitochondrial DNA which runs through the mother, not the dad?

No, that's not true. Maternal relations only can be traced through mitochondrial DNA, and paternal relations only can be traced through Y chromosome DNA. A full nuclear DNA profile would enable LE to trace relations on either side.

I did not read her comment like that at all. I have never understood the saying "not playing with a full deck of cards" to indicate anyone with a disability.

I have always heard that phrase in connection with mental illness. And mental illness is often a disability (it's part of the criteria for many mental illnesses: does this interfere with your every day life?).

Im confident of that, I'm saying how would we have caught him or been on to him? Go backwards from what we know and try to see what was missed? They obviously had the DNA from the jogger who he tried to smother with the rug and Jessica. So knowing that is his MO you search for people who have access to that. And one of the ways to do that is with Formalehyde, then cross reference with that area.

I would think that would be a very expansive list. First, we don't know what was on the rag, if it was an easy to obtain substance they may have never tracked him down. Even if it was formaldehyde, I doubt it's that hard to obtain it. Snag a bottle from your high school science lab.

I think LE did an awesome job in this investigation, however, I do not believe they were anywhere close to finding this guy. I think without his mom turning him in, this could have gone on for a very long time. I'm glad LE released the pic of the cross. I think it expedited his being arrested.

After hearing all of this, it makes me wonder why more people weren't onto this kid. He lived in the area. He talked to himself. Obsessed with death. Into mortuary science, etc... Didn't this crime have all the tell-tale signs? Didn't more people recognize that cross he wore?? You would think all of these things would have people calling in tips left and right!!!
Well, It's possible he didn't wear THAT cross, or no longer wore THAT cross. If we arrested every teen obsessed with death, or that talked to themselves, it'd be pretty crowded in the prisons. And since he didn't seem to have many real friends (people who "knew" him--they sometimes come out of the woodwork at times like this), who would call it in?

The only person who might know all of it, is the person who eventually called it in.

Reminder: parents of the alleged perpetrator may be discussed insofar as what is mentioned in the mainstream media. Sleuthing, speculation, or bashing of them is not allowed. This lands randomly.

I don't think it works that way. I think you can only trace relations through mitochondrial DNA which runs through the mother, not the dad?

The Grim Sleeper was caught by familial DNA - through his son.

I don't think it is the same cross, either, but I think it shows that he is into wearing one and most likely replaced it for others during the years?

Yes totally possible.

Kelly

NG is interviewing a friend in the neighborhood that is several years younger than the perp, She is describing them and others playing hide n seek, find the flag and other games.

WHY is she being interviewed ? What is her mother thinking that this is ok? Not to mention NG who is an advocate? This really burns my biscuits to put it mildly.

Young teen neighbor said he always wanted to come over and play at thier house with girls. He played hide n seek with them and tag. Who put the photo of a suspect in a robbery that looks like him with a fuller beard? NG has a photo with him having a fuller beard.

If it's true that JR was not killed *in* the house, then there would be no need to disclose that. I have no idea if "dismembering a body" would be a material disclosure or not. I'm not a realtor.

I believe the dismemberment (if indeed this was done) implies an older perp.
It also implies an intelligent, organised killer.
I personally would place him at nearer 30 or 40.
I believe the placement and condition of her body was intentional and carries a meaning for the perp.
If that place is a teen hangout, it probably has been a teen hangout for decades.
This perp was either one of those past teenagers hanging out, or he was excluded from the group.
I would pick the latter.
So, to me - older, organised, intelligent, with some sort of resentment or grudge to the locals...the teenage group he was excluded from are now adults themselves, possibly prominent citizens of the town now.
Also, this guy lived in that town as a teenager. I will bet the house on this.
My opinion only as usual.

I got the older bit completely wrong but seriously who could forsee his age...?

Of most interest imo as to possible involvement of sigg in previous attempted abductions is THE ATTEMPTED ABDUCTION MAY 10, 2012 @Ketner Lake(refer to above timeline entry on May 10 2012)

Its my strong belief these two teenagers who witnessed and fought off the perp from the grip he had on the little boys neck.. Its my opinion that the two teen girls very likely could positively ID Sigg as that attempted abductor...not to mention he fits down to a tee their exact description given of the perp..

Jmo tho..

I'm very interested in this as well especially given that multiple MSM sources locally are reporting that he strangled Jessica shortly after abducting her. I'm guessing we will only here more if the witnesses to that can now ID him.

Has there been any mention of him attending the same church as Jessica?

Now we have a better idea that the cross was his (not confirmed yet but likely) .... and they lived so close together. Might they have crossed paths in church?

Somewhere while reading articles/watching videos today earlier, I watched or read "after Mom got the call, she questioned Austin" or close to that. No link but I'm holding off until the dust settles. Not sure if LE called to question Austin & mom answered then she confronted him. jmo

It could have been the one channel 7 that was streaming live. fwiw

I think he is tormented between good and evil. The cross or evil. JMO

I think the walls were closing in on him. His deviance. His evil. His Mom knew. I agree torment from good and evil led him to give it up. The cross is clear sign. I still wonder where they found it.

I don't think that's true in Colorado, because JonBenet's house has been for sale for years, and there's ZERO mention of a murder happening in that house on any of the real estate pages. Maybe they mention it when you're about to sign the papers...

Not required in Colorado. Know this because my next door neighbor killed herself in a house near ours. The house was already on the market at the time this happened, but consulted and there is no requirement to report a murder/suicide/death in a house in Colorado. Unless it has changed from a couple years ago.

Can a moderator state at the beginning of Jessica's thread that AS's father is NOT THE REALTOR?...Please and thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave