CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not without direct evidence of an abduction. Aside from the BP I don't think LE has any (direct) evidence yet and they won't give credence to any single theory over another without direct evidence.

She has been missing for 4 days; her bag turns up 6 miles away; they are hinting that her clothes may have been in it (to me, anyway.) For a 10-yr old, if that is not evidence of an abduction, then what would be, a photo of her being taken? They are making it sound as though she left on her own, IMO, or worse, that she never left her home. I wish they would clarify that statement.

Does anyone know what time her school starts? If she left the house at 8:30 to walk 3 blocks to meet friends for a 1.3 mile walk to school then that would mean school starts after 9 am?????

That doesn't make sense - not you, the logic behind it. They can't tell porkies just in case the community gets upset or worried - there are already reports of attempted abductions in the area so surely these parents and children need to be on high alert anyway.

They clearly have a jolly good idea of what has happened to Jessica. Too similar to the April Jones case, and too soon :(

I agree with you. Not wanting people to panic...doesn't make sense to me. How would people panic in a way that would be detrimental to the community? Everyone will watch their children more, schools might implement new safety policies. Westminster is not going to go up in flames with riots because people panicked over an abduction.

~Respectfully bolded by me~
"Police say there is no indication that she has been abducted."

http://www.9news.com/dontmiss/293151/630/Police-volunteers-search-for-missing-girl

"We do not have any reason to believe there is a person going around abducting children," Materasso said.

http://www.coloradodaily.com/ci_217...-space-areas?source=most_viewed#axzz28ksn3C1k

Okay, then where is Jessica and what happened to her? :waitasec:

We know the bolded statement is NOT TRUE because someone has been going around offering candy and trying to get kids in their car. LE can't have it both ways. :banghead: Either they have someone out there or they don't. This makes no sense. :banghead:

Salem

dual vigils planned:

A Louisville pastor has organized dual prayer gatherings in Superior and Westminster for missing 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway at 7 p.m. Tuesday.

Chris Cote, lead pastor of Rock Creek Church, said the “Light Up the Night for Jessica” gatherings will take place at the same time at Community Park in Superior, at Indiana Street and Coalton Avenue, and at Kensington Park in Westminster, at Countryside Drive and Moore Street.

He said officials from each municipality have given their approval for both gatherings to go ahead.
http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_21727115

I want you all to know in regards to school communication, my son who is a 7th grader with Autism did not go to school today because he was sick. I forgot to call to let them know he would not be there. Guess what I NEVER recievied any call from the school at ALL in regards to him not being at school ! :banghead: Here shortly there will be an automated call telling me he missed school some 10 hours later, nice, not !

At least Jessicas school called right away to let someone know

My son (also a 7th grader) has been absent since last Thursday. I have kept forgetting to call in and not once have I been notified that he was absent. When I had him at the doc last Thursday I received a call from the automated number but it turned out to be a notification of flu shots being given tomorrow at my oldest son's school and again today I received a call from the school house but it was a teacher asking me if I could help feed the golf tourney participants on Thursday. Not a word has been said about a 12 year missing from class.

Why isn't she answering questions??

I can't think of an instance but maybe someone else here can. Anyone ever remember an instance where the parent(s)of a kidnapped child did not speak to the media or issue a public plea for the child's return and we later heard it was under LE's advice not to? Everyone is certainly different and reacts differently to trauma, but I know that if it were my daughter that was missing, you couldn't keep me from begging whoever had her to give her back. Everything about this constantly takes me back to Somer Thompson, because now all I can picture is her mother during her pleas to get her daughter back.

Has anyone in her family come out and asked for her safe return? I always wonder when family does not do that. They could have and I missed it.

That doesn't make sense - not you, the logic behind it. They can't tell porkies just in case the community gets upset or worried - there are already reports of attempted abductions in the area so surely these parents and children need to be on high alert anyway.

They clearly have a jolly good idea of what has happened to Jessica. Too similar to the April Jones case, and too soon :(

I don't think the community would get upset or worried. I think they would go straight into panic mode. I know I would. Start buying guns when they don't know how to use them. Shooting at things that move. Start calling LE out everytime the wind blows. People will keep their kids home from school. LE needs to focus on Jessica and not the other stuff right now. I do think LE has a grasp on the situation and don't believe the community at large is in danger. As LE usually hints in situations like this, everyone should continue to use safety measures they do on a daily basis.

JMO!

2d1ml40.jpg

I've heard it in most cases of missing women and children and it turned out to be exactly that. Deny foul play when it is, say no evidence that a person is a victim of foul play when they were.

Yep. But atleast here LE is doing every and any thing to find evidence...or her. The "search" for Gail Palmgren was pathetic....as they kept repeating they had no evidence of foul play. Well....I guess not if you don't really don't go looking for it. :furious: Don't get me started.
Seven months later they found her and her bright red Jeep Rubicon a mile from her house over a 400' cliff!!! The husband's lawyer's PI was allowed to take the computers from the homes, etc, etc, etc.....

She has been missing for 4 days; her bag turns up 6 miles away; they are hinting that her clothes may have been in it (to me, anyway.) For a 10-yr old, if that is not evidence of an abduction, then what would be, a photo of her being taken? They are making it sound as though she left on her own, IMO, or worse, that she never left her home. I wish they would clarify that statement.

There's still the option that she was taken by someone who was not a stranger and not an immediate family member -- a more distant relative, a friend of the family, an older sibling or parent of a friend, for instance. Even a neighbor might fall into that category.

I don't know if they could have searched outside as it was probably dark or just getting there....since some kids were already asleep. I don't believe LE did it here, but I've seen where LE will ask property...and business owners to check their property as best they can for any signs, etc....and/or help their neighbor if they are elderly or unable for some reason. Even ranchers and farmers. Can't remember the little girls name, but I believe it was in Greenville, WY? a few years ago, where LE even had a list to give to local media asking the citizens to go over their property with it. She was eventually found...but it wasn't a happy ending. :(

I think you are talking about Tori Stafford.

I don't think the community would get upset or worried. I think they would go straight into panic mode. I know I would. Start buying guns when they don't know how to use them. Shooting at things that move. Start calling LE out everytime the wind blows. People will keep their kids home from school. LE needs to focus on Jessica and not the other stuff right now. I do think LE has a grasp on the situation and don't believe the community at large is in danger. As LE usually hints in situations like this, everyone should continue to use safety measures they do on a daily basis.

JMO!

I can't think of any missing child case that caused such a panic, that people started buying guns and shooting at anything that moves...:waitasec:

Does anyone know what time her school starts? If she left the house at 8:30 to walk 3 blocks to meet friends for a 1.3 mile walk to school then that would mean school starts after 9 am?????

I believe school started at 8:50 and it was less than a mile because she would have been cutting across the greenbelt and not taking just the streets to get there.

I take that to mean she didn't answer the media's questions-i.e. whoever took that paparazzi style shot of her. Can't say that I blame her.

The neighborhood is filled with LE and reporters. She at her front door so it's hardly a paparazzi style shot.

If I knew 1000's of volunteers were searching for my child, I'd try to gather the strength to say thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Really invasive and unnecessary, IMO, along with digging up bio-dad's record. I wish they wouldn't' do this crap. Knowing what mom looks like doesn't give us any insight into the situation.

Thank you! I wasn't going to say anything since I ranted about the article on Dad's record just a short while ago but this is so intrusive and unnecessary. This woman is living a nightmare and should be entitled to a bit of fresh air without having her pic snapped and tweeted for everyone to gawk at or having people comment on why she isn't making a statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obamna