CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and, smart phones are now allowed at my teen son's schools. My kids have limited or no access to the net on their phones, but their friends? Who knows. And I am pretty sure their cohorts are accessing and showing things I really would prefer my kids not see. But once it's in been seen, it can't be unseen.

Many years ago I caught this happening in my own house. I had put the desktop in the common area room to avoid this type of thing. A kid came over to our house and sat at the desktop with his back to me as I was on the couch - lol (see my location). My kid said, 'let's go play football'. I guess he got nervous. I remember the other kid was eager to accomplish what he set out to do and didn't budge. A few weeks later, I was checking the computer and found a full frontal nude of a woman on the computer. I had been sitting there the whole time and it never occured to me the visiting kid would be so brazen. For the next several years, I talked to my son about what I knew and why that's not good and not to let other people talk you into doing something you know is wrong. The friend, the brains, is a kid who is still a straight A student and in every way you'd think could be trusted. My son is good in some of his studies but not so good in other areas so he's only made honor roll a few times. It's so easy to get stuck on titles and the stellar performance images when we think of the character of people. That said, boys will be boys and not every wrong turn or sneaky thing they do means that they're going to turn out to be bad citizens/adults.

The only thing I keep doing is to try to pay attention and let him know that I know and how I feel about it (whatever the latest concern is). I ask 'have you ever sensed trouble'? Then I try to teach him to believe it and trust it. I think he's more likely to cave to suggestion (like I was) versus being the ring leader. I heard him say one day over the computer, 'no, I've never done that'. For some reason, I like that answer but can't help but wonder, 'done what?'. What was someone asking him if he'd ever done? Technology scares me with the amount of freedom it allows kids. Even if and when you catch it, some exposure to bad images or ideas have already been presented.

The older kids use very bad language while gaming when it's only a football game they're playing. It is unnerving and it physically hurts me when I hear it as I'm trying to instill goodness and thwart bad habits from getting hold of this developing person who it's my responsibility to pay attention too.

How does one tell what's what these days? One thing I know, there are no bombs being built in our basement or garage.

I checked out the house ... people, it's not a castle. It's a mcMansion, barely, not a castle. Four bedrooms. Less than 5,000 sq ft, less than a million bucks, by quite a bit. It's on acreage, out in the sticks. Obviously a very nice setup, but he probably didn't pay much more than $600K for it. Which is a lot of money, sure, but not unusual at all.

The real estate site I checked both the father and the mother's houses on list them pretty much as you have said. The mother's house was at least $500,000 less than the father's home. The mother is in the process of filing Chapter 7 bankrupcy which widens the financial chasm B/W father and mother considerably.

Not making any excuse for this monster, but one might believe that AS was affected by this...one also might believe that this (his crime) was a way to hurt his father or alleviate some of the hurt he might have been feeling for his mother and brother. LittleMissContrary posted a wiki link to an anime character that AS identified with via his myspace profile.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8502896&postcount=484"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CO - *ARREST!*Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #20[/ame]

I'm no shrink, but something tells me that somewhere in his subconscious mind, if he indeed identified with this character, AS may have been acting out more than some morbid fantasy.

Not only will this crime stigmatize his whole family, but especially hurt his father and his business dealings.

Let's see if his father ponies up for a fancy lawyer for AS before the next court date. JMO

Maybe I'm just overreacting but the fact that he has a purple heart on there makes me want to scream and break things.

I think I may need to take a breather...

I didn't click on the amazon link but I was hoping maybe I was seeing that image as a random thing, not as an actual wish list item. SICK. That would be quite the little totem for him wouldn't it? I totally think he could have been at the memorial. He's enjoying all of this, still.

ETA: Thanks to those who pointed out that the wish list is from 2010-2011, so it's only coincidence that there was a purple heart. As I said in the above, I did not click on the link, so I didn't know about the time frame.

As soon as the arrest was announced I thought there has to be more to this, it doesn't feel complete. While I think they got the right guy, it feels like there is more to it. More victims, more perps? Something. I have absolutely nothing to base this on. But the more I read the more I think there might be at least one more perp.

BBM

hey guys, I haven't been able to keep up today. My offline life is interferring, dadgummit! lol

So, obviously I haven't kept up with today's news. Where did this specific detail come from? We need to link this stuff up.

As far as I can tell it was speculation and rumor ONLY. No links to MSM and LE has certainly never said a word about it. I remember reading it here as a reason that they could not determine the sex of the remains at first! ugh

Shoot, I don't even know what the Dark Side of the internet is. It sounds not very nice.

Obviously some horrible and gruesome things happened to Jessica. I don't see the need to speculate on every horrific detail. In deference to her family, loved ones, classmates, etc., who may be reading.

Thank you DylansMom, I agree. There is no speculation needed for this case, it is too gruesome to actually comprehend! How did this monster walk amoung us.

Let's show all the compassion, understanding and love to Jessica and her family by refraing from posting anything morbid. That darling child and her family have been through enough.

Rbbm, where did you read this?

These are horrifying details about Jessica Ridgeway and her uterus etc. But when I search I only find the WS post in this thread. Is there any MSM coverage about this? I've seen no references to this in court coverage today.

There has been no mention of it in MSM only on websleuths. It was posted a few threads ago by someone who said they heard it as a rumor.

Yep, this detail was posted yesterday shortly after learning who, when, where re: the arrest and charges of ARS .. I'll go back and bring the links forward for any who are interested in having the exact source..iamnotagolem is correct in that it would definitely at this point in time be classified as A RUMOR.. Imo the only corroboration of sorts that we have is that actually another, different local shared that they had been told this info from a person in the know(as in possibly someone close to the investigation ..idk) very early on and had held back until the arrest before they chose to post what had been shared with them.. I say its something that has to be taken FWIW as in to make a mental note of it, file it away for now, and then later when more confirmed details come to light we very well may or may not see that this sick detail was in fact part of this heinous crime..

Once I search/find them I will edit in both links to the posts from yesterday where this info was introduced..

HTH:)

ETA: **UNFORTUNATELY OR FORTUNATELY(however you choose to look at it) BOTH of the posts by two different locals that shared this info have since been deleted..so am unable to link to them:)doh: obviously)

I didn't click on the amazon link but I was hoping maybe I was seeing that image as a random thing, not as an actual wish list item. SICK. That would be quite the little totem for him wouldn't it? I totally think he could have been at the memorial. He's enjoying all of this, still.

That wish list is from 2010-2011. I thought maybe he wanted to get it for a girl?? Maybe a girl that thwarted his advances and started this downward spiral???

IIRC there was speculation about the uterus being removed because LE couldn't determine sex right away.

I have not seen anything in MSM or that LE has said that states that the uterus was removed.

Police refused to reveal the sex of the body found at the park until Friday, but that did not mean that they did not know the sex of the victim.

I'm still waiting to hear if he was involved or committed the murder of the woman dismembered about 20 miles away and left under the apple tree. She was also murdered somewhere else and placed there.

The woman who was dismembered was in Glenwood Springs. And found in an apple orchard there. I have tried to correct this over and over here. It was nowhere near 20 miles away.

She was from Aurora and her body was found near Glenwood Springs which is over two hours away from here. I keep forgetting her name, but will look it up. But this is what is what I personally find maddening about this site. Rumors/mistakes are repeated over and over.

I do believe the original poster of this rumor/mistake was just mistaken, but it was corrected by them.

Here is the info: http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcases/2011/06/05/womans-dismembered-body/2284/

The item was placed on his wish list in January 2011.

I'd say it is simply a coincidence that the ring is purple.

Because he can still get up in front of the court and plead not guilty.

I hate that. Imo, if you confess, that should be it. No backing out, no trial. Straight to sentencing and then to prison. The perp has more rights in this country than the victim.

In my community many years ago, a young man (early 20s) went into the home of a family he knew. He killed the father, the mother, teenage daughter, and elementary age son. He kidnapped the remaining 3 girls (preschool age and early primary school) and raped 2 of them and left all 3 in an isolated rural area. These little girls were able to find a house and people to help them. He was captured within hours (thank the good Lord and brought back to our county. He confessed and then just literally shut his mouth for months. When he had the court appearance where he was required to enter a plea, he refused to say a word. The judge presiding over the court then entered a plea of not guilty for him. The community was up in arms over this. Let me see if I can explain what several lawyers said about what the judge did. The district attorney had already announced it would be a death penalty case. The explanation was that even though he had confessed, the court decided there would be a trial so that appeals court could be assured that his rights had not been violated. There would be a clear path from arrest to adjudication. After a change of venue, he was convicted, sentenced to death, and still resides at our state's death row. The defense appealed because they claimed that the county the trial moved to was even more likely to return a death penalty than our county was. Long story short. I know that Sigg is not eligible for the death penalty. I am just trying to explain why there will still probably be a trial even with the confession.

Police refused to reveal the sex of the body found at the park until Friday, but that did not mean that they did not know the sex of the victim.

Of course, not being able to determine sex was ALSO speculation. So this was speculation on speculation :floorlaugh:

Not yet, but I'm still up to my tricks trying to find something!

I've adored your posts since we encountered one another on another case. You are so good at sleuthing, hats off! Whenever I read what you find, and I attempt to do the same, I'm blown away. Just saying hi and glad to see you in this thread! :rocker:

The real estate site I checked both the father and the mother's houses on list them pretty much as you have said. The mother's house was at least $500,000 less than the father's home. The mother is in the process of filing Chapter 7 bankrupcy which widens the financial chasm B/W father and mother considerably.

Not making any excuse for this monster, but one might believe that AS was affected by this...one also might believe that this (his crime) was a way to hurt his father or alleviate some of the hurt he might have been feeling for his mother and brother. LittleMissContrary posted a wiki link to an anime character that AS identified with via his myspace profile.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CO - *ARREST!*Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #20

I'm no shrink, but something tells me that somewhere in his subconscious mind, if he indeed identified with this character, AS may have been acting out more than some morbid fantasy.

Not only will this crime stigmatize his whole family, but especially hurt his father and his business dealings.

Let's see if his father ponies up for a fancy lawyer for AS before the next court date. JMO
Interesting you mention the bankruptcy... Could the bankruptcy dates line up with the dates of the two cases he's charged with? Jogger and Jessica?

I'm finding that she filed Chapter 7 in May. End of May (Memorial Day?) was the attempted abduction of the jogger at Ketner.

Can't find a link, but seem to recall reading @ something happening with the bankruptcy case (a ruling?) perhaps in late September, shortly before Jessica vanished. Anybody remember this? TIA

Sigg was brought into the courtroom - sporting a goatee and a mohawk - one of his family members started to sob.

I'm sorry, I'm still woefully behind... this stood out to me. He did not have a mohawk in his mugshot.

I do not at all think he's psychotic, as has been discussed earlier. I think he's pathologically narcissistic and sociopathic, and I think he lied about exactly what he did to Jessica, and I think he's making the most of the attention he is getting.

Disclaimer: the following comments are MOO....:moo::moo::moo:

I do not buy into any of the supposed confession that has been leaked. At some point in the crime, could he have tied her up with rope, certainly plausible. Did he strangle her to death, again possible. Did he do all that while still in her neighborhood, unlikely. So those two things could have happened at some point in time, but the question is when and where ? At what point in the timeline did these and many other things happen ?

I listened in on the early morning Channel 9 live coverage this morning, one of the reporters mentioned LE interviewed him for 6 hours after he turned himself in. So we may have as much as 6 hours of details missing from the simplified (leaked) version of his confession.

My thoughts too Vega. He did not just abduct her, throw her in the car and tie her up while parked on the side of the street.

Matter of fact I don't think he grabbed her at all. I think he enticed her into the car. There was a news story about a young girl who stated AS was staring at her in a park. Let's assume that happened at Chelsea Park. We know Jessica walked to and from school in this area, it's not far fetched to think she had seen AS around. We still have not heard where the "hang-out" spot is located. I even wonder if AS was there at one time or another.

I think this monster spent time with Jessica. If his Mom and little brother did not get home until 4 or 5, he potentially had almost eight hours alone at his home.
icon9.gif

OT
I agree about "just say no" and "just dont go". That has been my best form of virus protection in addition to having good anti-virus software. I never click on a link anywhere unless I am certain the link is where I want to go.

Whenever pop-ups or anything else comes up on my PC, I always just close them using the "X" in upper right corner, and never click anywhere else. Sometimes, even the "no" spot will cause a link to a bad spot, so it is best to use the "X" or "close" the pop-up. Pop-up blockers are also great in my anti-virus software.

When my dad first got a computer, it took me forever to convince him to say no to all solicitations and pop-ups.

The only ones I have ever accepted are the legit patches that come from microsoft themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abi