CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I am a cynic but it was reported yesterday this mother had filed bankruptcy so how do you manage a trip to the Virgin Islands? Sorry mods if this is not allowed I understand.

Regarding the *advertiser censored* addiction at age 15, I think that suggests a failure on behalf of the family to properly monitor what he was doing. It's quite likely that he accessed *advertiser censored* through the internet ... and it doesn't take much effort to have a look through computer history to see what's going on with the computer.

This isn't the first case I've heard of where a murderer was obsessed with *advertiser censored* prior to committing a bizarre murder.

I wonder if he did something at the father's house in Parker because LE is searching there as well.

How far is Parker from where Austin lived?

Parker is 30+ miles southest - a 45ish minute drive (depending on traffic through the city)

Kenny Holmes 7News ‏@KHOLMESlive

Prosecutors say #AustinSigg confessed in #JessicaRidgeway murder and in a separate attack on a runner. (via AP)

Another thing that bothers me is why did LE wait so long to provide the info to the public about the "cross".

IMO
It just bothers me that it seems almost like LE wants to be the one to capture perp(s) on their own without the public's help. It seems to me that only when they are in desparate need of public help, that they ask the public for help.
It is bothersome because he could have done someone else harm in the meantime.
If it is "EGO" based, I am very upset about that because they should involve the public as soon as possible and we are always glad to help LE in any way we can.

I see no purpose in waiting so long to provide this info about the cross to the public, and can only assume that witholding the info was ego based. This is the type of thing that makes me feel LE still has the "us against them" attitude.

I am really upset about this, and can only imagine how many other cases would be solved if LE would provide more critical info they are keeping secret in other cases.

I totally agree with you, look at the IA girls, the only thing revealed is the grainy video of supposedly them riding their bikes, which we already knew...
no other info!!

Why would parents of young girls even allow him to play hide and seek with a mature 17 year old
And mom knew he had problems yet allowed him to collect swords and knives?

OT: My son - who is almost 10 - went to some friends' home to play a year or so ago. They are brothers, 9 and 11. I asked what they did, and he said that a neighbor boy - who was 15 - came over and wrestled with them in the basement. DS did not want to wrestle with the big boy so he wrestled with the younger brother. He said he didn't like the teenager. My red flag went off, and he hasn't gone back over there since. DH and I both wonder what interest would a teen have in playing with young boys?!? I didn't like it. At all.

I guess I am a cynic but it was reported yesterday this mother had filed bankruptcy so how do you manage a trip to the Virgin Islands? Sorry mods if this is not allowed I understand.

I'm suspecting w/ maybe the father?

My puter is acting really crazy since arrest news broke yesterday. It takes forever for pages to open, etc. so I'm limited in being able to read prev pages here or go to sites w/photos, etc.

Question: has any mention been made of (or photo shown of) a small camper at AS's home??? TIA

Not sure ... I'm going to look and see what I can find. I was trying to grab screen shots of the video yesterday, but I wasn't 100% of which was the correct house ... now I am.

AS was treated for a *advertiser censored* addiction 2 yrs. ago @ age 15. That is the same time range when he was dating his ex-girlfriend.

Also the vid that was posted with him wearing a cross would have been around that same time too.

Wonder if ex-GF recognized the cross and sent the tip?

So ... counselling for *advertiser censored* addiction at the age of 15 ... and the first attack on a woman in Ketner Park was in 2010. Did the family know more at that time?

Are we sure it was a personal bankruptcy and not some sort of small business?

Exactly! Think of all the good he could have done with that level of motivation, if the deviant part weren't there.

I was thinking about something like that. I was thinking about the thrill that a serial killer must experience plotting and planning, being clever, keeping secrets, evading experts. And I thought, what if someone could do those same things, but for achieving good? Could you get the same kind of thrill?

I remember hearing a sermon once about being just as clever for God as people are for selfish and criminal reasons. The minister recounted cases where people had gone to great lengths to commit fraud, for example, and tried to inspire the listeners to use that kind of ingenuity to do good in the world.

There is a book (that was made into a movie) called "Magnificent Obsession". It was about this kind of thing--secretly helping people in a huge way. It is kind of the converse of the murderers and frauds who secretly hurt people massively.

Several times I tried something like this in my own life. I heard about people who were in need and secretly mailed them either a money order or cash. I did get a thrill from knowing that I was helping in a totally anonymous way.

I think it could be elaborated on and made more "clever" than just sending someone money. Like the "random acts of kindness" thing, but taken to an ever greater magnitude.

CS Lewis wrote that evil could never be purely bad because it needed merits (like motivation, cleverness, etc.) in order to carry out its plans, so it always incorporated some degree of good. Another way of looking at it is that there are neutral tools a person has and its a matter of how s/he chooses to use those tools. A hammer can be used to build something useful, or to destroy and even kill. Intelligence, stealth, physical skill, scientific knowledge, etc. are all tools that can be used to make the world a better place, make people happier and healthier, or can be used for selfish reasons or to commit evil and hurt others.

JMO

BBM;:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: nearly shot diet coke out my nose LOLing!! Needed that!!! (although if you were caught in the cold stuck on the side of the road-- it'd keep you warm from the inside!)

Not only that ... I once unstuck my car from slushy ice that had frozen around my tires using .... beer. The alcohol melted the ice whereas water would just have frozen. (I had a cooler in the back due to a party that had happened the day before, and my out-of-town friends gave me all the extra beer. Thankfully I hadn't unloaded it yet.)

He confessed.
Now the judicial process and lawyers and all the rest come in.

I want justice for Jessica. If he confessed then why all the legal haggling?:banghead:

AS was treated for a *advertiser censored* addiction 2 yrs. ago @ age 15. That is the same time range when he was dating his ex-girlfriend.

Also the vid that was posted with him wearing a cross would have been around that same time too.

Wonder if ex-GF recognized the cross and sent the tip?

What tip? I didn't know there was a tip. tia

So ... counselling for *advertiser censored* addiction at the age of 15 ... and the first attack on a woman in Ketner Park was in 2010. Did the family know more at that time?

Ah, like maybe they knew about the attack and that's why they got him help?

Saw a pic of his Dad's house on TV (can't remember which station, but I think also KDVR), but it is basically an 'estate' in Parker with a gate and everything. Which surprised me, but I think that might be with whom he was vacationing. Same report that showed the house said his Dad was currently on business in Mexico as well when this went down yesterday.

I would guess that many teens have hand-held devices, or can obtain them, without their parents even knowing, and look at who knows what on them. So even monitoring home computers may not be enough.

Kenny Holmes 7News ‏@KHOLMESlive

Prosecutors say #AustinSigg confessed in #JessicaRidgeway murder and in a separate attack on a runner. (via AP)
I just saw an article on my yahoo home page stating the same...came here to see if anyone had posted about it...went back to copy link to post and the article was no longer there!

He confessed.
Now the judicial process and lawyers and all the rest come in.

I want justice for Jessica. If he confessed then why all the legal haggling?:banghead:

The person who murdered my uncle and 10 year old cousin plead guilty and was sentenced to the death penalty after a penalty trial. However, the case has been going through appeals for almost 10 years. This is the justice system...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rwiz