CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he work? How did he pay for knife collection and video games? I guess mom and dad. Question for everyone: I'm not sure what qualifies as a knife collection...three, four, twenty? Is this normal behavior for a young man that age? Are they expensive? Wouldn't mom or dad question where money was going or that son was amassing a knife collection? Also....dumb question maybe, does internet *advertiser censored* require a credit card or can you just access it for free?

So...he is not going to plead guilty, I'm guessing...
Not sure how he can be defended if confession is allowed into court?The lawyers have to operate with known facts.

I'm concerned about this as well. He was asking the judge questions about his legal rights. (The media has not yet reported what those questions were, specifically.)

I think he's going to be a PITA.

Good... to me that makes him sound like the type that will (against advice of atty) insist on taking the stand at his trial! You know what I mean? (:

I totally agree with you, look at the IA girls, the only thing revealed is the grainy video of supposedly them riding their bikes, which we already knew...
no other info!!

I so agree. I want to copy this case and send it to LE there in Iowa.

Also want to copy this case and poor Autumn's case and send to a certain so called mom (cough ahem, Cindy Anthony) in Florida and tell her this is how a MOTHER acts with her kids.

Agreed. But, when you gotta get out of town, you gotta get out of town. Ya know? Sorry, I had to say it. I don't know if vacation was already planned BEFORE abduction attempt, but, as I said....I think mom and family had a little bit more of an idea of his mental state and capabilities than we know. Mods...remove if offensive. I'm just disgusted with this whole thing. I also think turning him in had more to do with being backed into a corner. Just my opinion.

Not the easiest thing to pick up and go on vacation with the family in less than 24 hr. More likely that he knew they were leaving the country, which would be a safer place to be in the aftermath of a crime.

Now I'm confused - is the same dad with shady background?? If so, what a recovery.

And re: older kids playing with younger. Not always bad but I guess you'd have to be there to get the vibe yourself, my 18 yo would play with neighbor boys IF they came over - guessing they are 12 and 15, but then again, they were shooting hoops and playing football and my youngest was there. It may be the only kids in the neighborhood. But wrestling in the basement - yes, if son gets a hinky feeling and so do you, by all means put a stop to it or don't go over anymore. I'm a big believer in gut feelings.

Maybe the dad is a sociopath. They are often highly successful businessmen. Just speculating, obviously, as I don't know anything about him but what has been reported. However, it does not seem incongruent to me that a financially successful person might also have a history of being violent and run-ins with the law.

JMO

Did he work? How did he pay for knife collection and video games? I guess mom and dad. Question for everyone: I'm not sure what qualifies as a knife collection...three, four, twenty? Is this normal behavior for a young man that age? Are they expensive? Wouldn't mom or dad question where money was going or that son was amassing a knife collection? Also....dumb question maybe, does internet *advertiser censored* require a credit card or can you just access it for free?

I think there is a lot of free stuff out there. Until I got some installs on my computer to block certain things, I was finding all kinds of *advertiser censored* popping up, based on searches done for WS. I am the only person who uses my computer, so I know it was stuff I looked for and was WS-related, but the free *advertiser censored* stuff was there for the viewing.

-----------

There is a program on cable in the late night or early a.m. hours, where they sell every knife type imaginable.

Well, of course a lawyer can't solicit a case ... But it wouldn't surprise me at all if he has a hired lawyer by the next hearing.

In most high-profile cases, the offers of legal help come in as soon as news of an arrest hits the media.

Has there been a connection made to the 2010 attempted abduction?

*advertiser censored* is UBIQUITOUS on the net, totally, totally free.

He interrupted the judge and revoked the waiver. Yep, he's going to be a PITA.

(I have to say I detest defense attorney's motives. If they were just to provide a "best defense under the law" I wouldn't mind, but it always turns into a "gotta get the client off" competition with the prosecutor. I hate this crap.)

I am raking my brain here....... Excuse my ignorance :waitasec:,
what is PITA ?

DA: DNA of Austin Sigg, suspect in Jessica Ridgeway murder, found on backpack

Prosecutors said Thursday their case is bolstered by the teen's confession and by the fact his DNA matches material found on Jessica's backpack.

There was high security in the courtroom, with 14 law enforcement officers guarding the suspect. Sigg's younger brother collapsed against his mother in tears as his heavily shackled brother was led into a courtroom.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...igg-suspect-jessica-ridgeway-murder-due-court

WHY was his little brother in the courtroom? That's just appalling to me...wow

DA: Suspect in Jessica Ridgeway murder, Austin Sigg, will be tried as adult

Jessica Ridgeway mom, aunt at hearing

Excerpt: "The defense asked the judge to put all documents in the case under seal and issue a gag order in the case. The judge agreed to seal the documents, but did not issue a gag order.

In court, Sigg revoked the waiver of his rights that he signed when he was arrested Tuesday night. That means he can not be questioned without his attorneys present."

Read more:
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-murder-austin-sigg-appears-in-court-thursday

Legal questions here.....

Uh oh....It sure sounds like this is going to be fought tooth and nail. It sounds like he initially waived his right to an attorney at first and probably answered a lot of questions. I worry that now since he has legal reps, will the attorneys be able to have all his statements thrown out, and then what about all that was found based on his statements?

I know they have much more evidence now from the house, but if they are successful in getting all his statements thrown out, will that mean that all the evidence that has been uncovered at his home also be thrown out?

I don't know how all this works, but it seems I have heard about evidence being thrown out that was based on something that was declared inelgible because of the initial way it was obtained. Just wondering if anybody knows about this sort of thing.

I am really worried about this because of his age when he had to make that deciision about whether he would answer anything.

Oh geez, his little brother being in court just breaks my heart. On the other hand, to exclude him from these realities might be just as cruel by shutting him out. He's not a 5 year old, IYKWIM.

And, PITA is pain in the butt

So...he is not going to plead guilty, I'm guessing...
Not sure how he can be defended if confession is allowed into court?The lawyers have to operate with known facts.

He may have assumed that, as a juvenile, he had all sorts of protections, so admitting guilt may have seemed like a good idea. Now that he is facing prosecution as an adult, everything has changed.

Given that he had all sorts of questions for the judge this morning, he may have thought that he was so clever that he could get away with murder if he was under the age of 18. His next act may be feigning some sort of mental illness.

Maybe the dad is a sociopath. They are often highly successful businessmen. Just speculating, obviously, as I don't know anything about him but what has been reported. However, it does not seem incongruent to me that a financially successful person might also have a history of being violent and run-ins with the law.

JMO

His father has an extensive criminal history ... including viiolence, theft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3