CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL well I'm safe as I still haven't got even the foggiest of clues what that is, where it is or how one would even attempt to go there in the first place. Some things I accept that I will never know or understand and that is just fine with me.

jmo

I am hopeful and comforted if this is true and the FEDS are on them like flies on sh**

I totally agree. tried as an adult - punished as an adult. I don't care if his prefrontal cortex isn't fully developed yet. I don't want to see what he'll be like when it is. it's not going to make him better.

I agree too, and I think the term "juvenile"/child should be used on a case by case basis. A 17 year old high school graduate attending community college should not be placed in same category as say a 13 year old.

I was wondering from the beginning if LE had interviewed/searched the house of the perp and ruled him out accidentally. Wow! I'm guessing they didn't bring search dogs...?

No, I don't think they brought dogs to the home, I think the dogs were more focused on tracking her scent right around the home.

However, I thought myself how could someone not smell remains with the warm temps? Someone else on a previous thread said "embalming the remains" ... and that made sense. (although embalming has a weird smell, but not as bad as body parts in the crawl space in warm temps, I would think).

I'm way behind as usual and just jumping off this post to say that I read a recap of the court session this morning that said that it remains uncertain that A will be penalized as an adult. It seems they are stalling making that decision for some reason.

The sad truth is no sentence will ever be enough but the public need to be protected as I do not believe murderers can ever be rehabilitated.

Story gives no detail. Wonder why it was searched? Did LE have a tip?

I think this was just expanding the search area and conducting door to door searches. IMO this is not a situation of LE missed the mark. Because they lived so close to the area, I think it was searched like all the other houses in the neighborhood. An officer goes in, checks closets, under beds, etc...lookinf for the missing girl. They don't see anything suspicious, they leave. They don't do a full on search unless they get a lead that there could be something there.

It seems odd that cats didn't drag out body parts? No mice? flies?? From crawl space.

Does anyone know if AS was absent from classes that Friday JR was abducted? I'm assuming he maybe was but surprised he wasn't turned in as a tip earlier as LE was asking for people who were absent from work/noticeable changes/etc. I'm curious to how he was acting after the fact and if anyone at all picked up on "any changes" in his personality or if he was just always kind of "dark" and "weird" to everyone that no one noticed? How did he clean up his clothes? Throw them away or did his poor mother wash his laundry like normal? I wonder if deep down his mother suspected him but just couldn't sort it out. So awesome that she was able to call her own son into LE - very courageous of her.
College kids skip class all the time. No one would have thought anything of it.

Omg I'm sorry but really??!! At your neighbor and people like her. I don't have TV reception but I have a responsibility to not only myself but to my family. Willful ignorance is not only infuriating, it's dangerous. Willful ignorance contributes to horrible crimes such as this. The "I don't give a crap" mentality is just as bad as the crimes perpetrated IMO. Apathy is selfish and it only complicates the majority of problems. When are we going to learn?
ITA!!! I know TWO women, one with a 12 year old daughter, who do the exact same thing. They even get all Zen and "just let it go..." on me when I try to warn them of sexual assaults within a mile of our home or attempted abductions in nearby stores or parking lots. Both jog and walk alone at dusk and dawn and one lives right next door to a convicted rapist. I haven't even bothered to tell her that...she would go nuts if I told her the man is listed as "Violent." That only served 6 years for a straightforward rape conviction.

And ITA with this as well, Kat!... In fact I demand that he get top notch counsel and receive a by the book, fair and just trial.. I would demand this for ARS!!

That way as you above mention once he does receive ethical, high esteemed defense counsel and a fair and just trial and then is found GUILTY of FIRST DEGREE MURDER of Jessica Ridgeway(among the other 4 charges) that we will not be seeing, nor hearing from his smug faced, egotistical evil self when the proverbial book is thrown at him with him having zero to whine, cry, and scream UNFAIR about!..

Put him in a deep, dark hole AND FORGET THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL EVER EVEN EXISTED IN OUR SOCIETY!!..<--that imo would be true punishment for this sick b@st@rd...TO FORGET ABOUT HIS EXISTENCE IN OUR SOCIETY!! :moo:

Deep breath. The above sounds like the rational legal thing to do. Is there any chance that he would plead guilty? If the confession(s), DNA, remains IN HIS HOME, eyewitness ID's from the May jogger, and so on and so forth is turned over to his defense-- I guess it's worth it for AS to torment Jessica's family more. And his own. Maybe he'll see the toll his shenanigans (being kind) are taking on his own family. Or maybe he has no soul whatsoever and is enjoying this big game. Can anyone with a wild imagination think of a scenario where an unbelievably slimy but crafty defense attorney crawls out from some dark cave and brainwashes at least one juror to minimize the charges for this monster AS? It sounds ridiculous but I don't trust justice until it's stamped and in progress anymore. Have seen too many failed cases of justice before and this can't be another :(

Does anyone know if AS was absent from classes that Friday JR was abducted? I'm assuming he maybe was but surprised he wasn't turned in as a tip earlier as LE was asking for people who were absent from work/noticeable changes/etc. I'm curious to how he was acting after the fact and if anyone at all picked up on "any changes" in his personality or if he was just always kind of "dark" and "weird" to everyone that no one noticed? How did he clean up his clothes? Throw them away or did his poor mother wash his laundry like normal? I wonder if deep down his mother suspected him but just couldn't sort it out. So awesome that she was able to call her own son into LE - very courageous of her.

He missed class, but showed up on Tuesday, his usual self ... nothing to suggest that anything was wrong.

Maybe just a girl connected to her intuition. I read the statement being more like he's so creepy he had to be the one that did it.

from what I've read, he has a cold stare when he's "hunting". The dog walker at the park saw it, the girls who play at Chelsea park saw it. Sounds like it was pretty obvious.

Can obsession with *advertiser censored* result in a blurring of fantasy and reality?

"

..respectfully snipped for space...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/oct/28/vincent-tabak-*advertiser censored*-searches-jury

YES. Obsession with *advertiser censored* can make one blur the lines between the two.

When I worked at the high school, we had a presentation by the local Vice Undercover Dept. which included a portion on 'internet torture *advertiser censored*.'

They showed us some of the things that were found on high school students laptops and cell phones.

[ trigger alert...don't read below if squeamish...]

They found lots of sick images like young girls tied up and forced to have sex with dogs, young boys and girls forced to have sex with each other while older teens directed them, images of teens being raped by men in masks at knifepoint, ....

THIS ^^^^ is what I mean when I refer to *advertiser censored* addiction. If a young man is watching images like that for 5, 6, 7, or 12 hours a day, what do you think happens to their mind? They lose their freakin minds, imo.

I'm not complaining about what's been posted here, but I was hoping for some clarification. TOS says you can't sleuth minors even if they are suspects, but does this mean that it's okay once they've been arrested? I was also wondering about sleuthing the family of suspects/perps; I've seen a lot of posts about the father and several about the mother and her financial problems etc. I guess what I'm asking is, at what point is it acceptable to sleuth these people? (I just like to know for future reference so I don't cross the line accidentally.)

TIA

I agree too, and I think the term "juvenile"/child should be used on a case by case basis. A 17 year old high school graduate attending community college should not be placed in same category as say a 13 year old.

and esp with the nature of the crime. this is an adult crime. adult punishment should be given.

Brain injury or damage is being increasingly linked to this sort of violence.

If AS's father was a drug user then it is possible that his DNA was damaged before he was even conceived.

We may be seeing an increase in violent children because of damaged genetic material inherited from drug using parents of either sex.

AS may be another Alyssa Bustamante - just wanted to find out how it felt.

The wiring is wrong, and has been wrong since they came out of the womb...perhaps before they were even concieved. They just don't think like normal people, and perhaps it's because they physically can't.

Who is to blame if damaged DNA this is the cause of their deficiencies?

We need more research into the potential generational effects of long term drug abuse.

Sort of O/T

Damage is done from the water we drink and shower in due to the chemicals, chlorine and fluoride in the U.S. to start with, much less older pipes, plumbing, inability to filter. Look up local water sources, scary.
Damage is done from our food sources (natural and processed), water chemicals again, and whatever is left in the soil from years gone by.
Damage is done from years of genetics, not going to elaborate on the history of humans, much less countries.
Major damage from pharmaceuticals, hasn't stopped yet, never will.

I could go on. The point is, it will continue.

But, these things happened even before modern society. Read any religion's books, read any science old, read any philosophy, read any psychology (yes, still a young "science"). Read anything of centuries ago, you will find a "Marquis de Sade", even from the first print, handed down tales of Nordics, Indians, cavemen. Now I am waxing poetic and need to stop.

ETA: Point being, we are still simply animals, classified as mammals, and murder has always been there. Watch a momma cat bring her kitten a mouse and teach it to kill. Some just live on that wire, not the God fearing lessons to stop us.

I'm way behind as usual and just jumping off this post to say that I read a recap of the court session this morning that said that it remains uncertain that A will be penalized as an adult. It seems they are stalling making that decision for some reason.

Yeah I dont like that they are stalling on this either. I mean we have had 12 and 14 year olds tried as adults, why not 17. And to only be able to get the max of 40 years is insane in my book..

I think it's a leap to say watching *advertiser censored* will lead to an addiction to *advertiser censored* and/or will then lead to violence. Ditto video games and every other thing that gets brought up as people try to make sense of that which makes no sense. Does it happen sometimes? Yes. It happens in individuals who are predisposed to being violent anyway. If not one thing it would be another.

Everyone wants to know why, and wants to point a finger somewhere. It has to be someone's fault, just has to! But there are no simple or pat answers. You can't make sense of something like this. This kid has brain wiring and a structure and environment around him that created a perfect storm of evil. He is someone who will need to be studied by experts. It will never "make sense." I don't know how something like this can be prevented because most parents, most of the time, think their sons and daughters are wonderful and good and cannot conceive of this--that comes up over and over in cases where the perp is under 21.

As an aside, if this 17 year old were a murder victim instead of the perp, he'd be referred to as a "child" or a "baby" by many folks. I personally find that ironic.

i hope at least they do a brain scan to see what he's got going on in there. not to use it in court, but for studying. I know schizophrenia can be linked to viruses, and trauma can prevent the brain from developing correctly. he's gotta have something off in his brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444