CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is in Mexico shooting tequila and popping pain pills from the local pharmacy (over the counter, of course) and planning his fast paced excursion to blur it all out...temporarily. He needs to do more than write a letter and go on vacation for me to feel he's devastated!
snip

Pain pills are not legally sold over the counter without a prescription in Mexico.

I didn't see him at the Superior Vigil. The Westminster one was much larger.

I will be curious to discover where he claims to have dismembered her versus where he did dismember her. I simply cannot imagine him performing this act in the open space but am also trying to figure out how he would pull this act off at the family home. Even if mom was at work and middle school aged (reportedly) sibling was at school, that is only a matter of hours to desecrate this poor child's remains and clean up any associated mess before other family members return home.

I could answer this, but it would be too gruesome to post. Just keep in mind what he wanted to do career wise. All he would need is a tub.

What The world needs now ....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cW8Alo_5uI&feature=related"]What The World Needs Now Is Love / Dionne Warwick - YouTube[/ame]

But...perhaps I read it wrong but the people that did not turn out to be psychopaths never commited a crime..their brains were just wired similarly. I have to to believe crossing the line to commiting a heinous act would somehow tip the scale past no return. I could have certainly read it wrong and I have NO type of experience in this but can society take that chance?

I see what you meant.

No, at this point, there is no treatment that can be proved to be effective.

I believe that for the greater good, we as a society must lock up those who commit such crimes. However, preventing such crimes by preventing the third factor of childhood abuse would be so much better than just building more prisons.

What we are doing now is not working. As a society, we need to be looking at different ways of doing things and I believe that prevention is one of the things that is sorely neglected in this country.

I completely missed that! Or missed one of the 9newscasts. Which newscasts or do you have a link?

I did hear that they canvassed that neighborhood, but not about they didn't have enough evidence to arrest him.

Just go to the channel 9 Denver homepage and there is a video about Sigg being interviewed weeks ago.

I noticed when they showed chopper footage that there was a cooler on his back porch/deck. I am not saying it is related - just shocked "my mind went there" right away. Too much time on these cases....?

yah I saw that too. ugh

If that's what they are claiming, I don't buy it. How convenient that Mom just happened to figure out that her son was the killer and call him in, all while the cops were figuring out how to charge him. Right.

I know, I was thinking the same thing. It was a reporter who said it, not a cop, but the reporter made it sound like that was what the cops had reported to them.

Just go to the channel 9 Denver homepage and there is a video about Sigg being interviewed weeks ago.

Thanks found it. Although it doesn't appear they suspected him at all. I knew his neighborhood had been canvassed etc.

Pinto,
Has he seen the PBS NOVA program "Secrets of the Viking Sword"? It has a great story of the very advanced blades that some Vikings had and a modern blacksmith recreating one - for the first time in a thousand years. Excellent program that can be watched online:

Does your son sell to Society for Creative Anachronism folk? If he has not explored that market, he should!

I don't know! (It's my nephew, not my son; not totally out of touch here ;) ) But it seems likely, and I will find out.

ITA. I have seen another poster mention the book THE GIFT OF FEAR. I read it a long time ago and second the recommendation. It is a very informative and easy to read book that discusses trusting your instincts and why. It gives real life senarios to help explain what he is trying to get across. It is written by Gavin DeGraw.

And it's only $1.99 on Kindle right now! Just downloaded it and look forward to reading it. We should start a WS Book Club! Who's in?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

So they interviewed him and sent him on his way? That's what it sounds like to me.

I don't believe at all that they suspected him prior to his mother calling in. Based on what? The DNA match happened after her call. If they had even a little suspicion, they could get a search warrant to look at his house closer, like under the house, where they would find Jessica's body. Also, they believed he was guilty, yet let him live his life for weeks?

Do we know what was in the cooler?
I am still stumped bt LE saying her body was "not intact" and news reporters sayi g she was dismembered. These could be very different!
Does anybody have specifics?

I hope they took his DNA during the sweep; that would help, just in case the confession and everything that came after was somehow tossed out. I was wondering if they only took his DNA after he confessed, if they would be able to use it, if confession was overruled.

I will be curious to discover where he claims to have dismembered her versus where he did dismember her. I simply cannot imagine him performing this act in the open space but am also trying to figure out how he would pull this act off at the family home. Even if mom was at work and middle school aged (reportedly) sibling was at school, that is only a matter of hours to desecrate this poor child's remains and clean up any associated mess before other family members return home.

Once the heart stops beating there would be no bleeding. Is this true? That is what I am finding on the internet. tia

And it's only $1.99 on Kindle right now! Just downloaded it and look forward to reading it. We should start a WS Book Club! Who's in?

I bought it too, I'm in!

You know the little jerk was sweating it out when the cops were searching the house. It just makes me angry how he played games with the cops the way he did with that backpack.

I of course am very angry that he killed Jessica to begin with. Don't want to leave that out.

There is one
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

How long has his father been in Mexico?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member