CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duh... it's right behind the balcony that is being supported by the white poles. Right behind the house where the red cooler is seen. It has a cover on it that has collected leaves in the middle. You can tell there is still water in it by the way the leaves are sitting. Here's a screen grab from this video:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-jhjJ9ZIyQ"]SUV towed from Austin Sigg's home - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• sigg pool.png
    sigg pool.png
    293.4 KB · Views: 92
Time for bed here, school in 6 hours; I really do hope against everything, that Jessica's family is able to finally have a funeral this week. I cannot imagine that pain of waiting for her body. Time to bring her home. Nothing angers me more then thinking Austin is stalling that for them by not being honest. I don't know if anyone here goes to her official website, but there was one that had been ran by some con artists as well. Jessica's is still up with a donation button to help with the proceeds. I hope that financial difficulties do not arise from this.

I haven't seen anything yet that definitely indicates to me that Sigg told the truth or that he lied. Either way, LE would still be investigating to corroborate or refute his confession.

It's not like the police can just say "okay, we'll take your word for it."

I looked at the Sigg house on Google Earth and I think the pool is visible in this screenshot. It looks like it has a cover over it and on the cover is a puddle of blackish water.
[ame]http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad229/magoocz/sigg%20house%20pool/sigghousepool2.png[/ame]

Fingers crossed that this works, I am just finding my way through posting a photo.

ETA: lol, well if you click on the 'video' a photo will come up (I hope)
I just KNEW I wasn't doing something right.

I do not know about other alerts. School was almost out by Memorial Day (our schools are always out before M. Day, in fact). I do agree that they probably could have done more; I just don't characterize it as "silence." And at some point, individuals who expect to be aware of things need to take responsibility and read the papers and watch the news. You can't have everything force fed ...

Two mentions:

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...denverpost.com

It was in paper 2 days later.

Also on news

Neighbors nervous after near kidnapping
Watch the story
May 30, 2012 at 4:39 PM
http://search.9news.com/default.aspx...2011,6/27/2012
WESTMINSTER - It was a brush with panic when a man grabbed a woman while she was jogging on Monday.

Here too:
http://kwgn.com/2012/05/30/jogger-escapes-from-attempted-kidnapping-near-westminster-lake/

and here:
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/woman-nearly-abducted-while-jogging-in-westminster

Okay, so I'm not too clear on it (anyone care to chime in), why would he have to skin an animal to see the decomposition rates? I guess I never understood that part. Not that it really matters, I just find it kind of odd.

I don't know but your post gave me an idea. If something in the house smelled like decay, he could pass it off as one of his school projects to his mom.

I don't know but your post gave me an idea. If something in the house smelled like decay, he could pass it off as one of his school projects to his mom.

That's kinda what I was assuming as well (or one of their many cats might have crawled into a space it can't get out of). I mean, if the heat kicks on in my house, if anything died between when it last went on and then - I will smell it. Since CO was already requiring heat, I just assumed it was a matter of time. Maybe he had a little lab set up for things like his school stuff? I don't know jack squat about forensics or those types of classes but I'd guess you'd have to have a small lab set up. Whoa, what if that's the secondary crime scene that they, on the 24th alluded to?

To add to the morbidness of it all, did they ever mention Jessica's eye glasses being fold?
And remember how we were all really wondering about the rag (jogger), what if he dropped it and that's how they found his DNA (apologies if anyone else said it)? Do you think it's possible he put the cloth he *may* have used on Jessica, in her backpack? And that was the DNA found within it that matched? Tossing out ideas, nothing has been reported to state that the rags were found at either scene.

You are the ultimate in a homeschooling parent. You are doing a tremendous job and your kids will be better off for the experience.

What I think the other poster was talking about is the opposite type of homeschoolers. I have experienced some very subpar homeschool 'teachers.' And since I had a job as a tutor for 'at risk' students, I experienced first hand, what that meant for many of them. Lots of the 'homeschooled' kids could barely read and had major deficits in their knowledge base. There were some parents who were too lazy or disorganized to do the job. And their kids paid the price.

I think what you are describing is the 'new' homeschooling option. It seems like a modified version as you take them on Fridays to a large 'school' of their classmates.
Thank you!!! that is what I meant. I did try what I suppose I consider the "new" version (K12), no religious base and we also were part of the public school system still (same books, test schedules) with the kids going to art, music and PE at local schools one day a week. It was required by law, where as my "teaching" credentials were not. It was made available due to the over crowding, under funding and violence after school that is really insane. A LOT of uproar has happened regarding this because of parents with at risk children, taking the kids out of school and stating that they are home-schooling when they are not. But I won't get into that debate, I did K12 in it's infancy and nothing at all was required on my end.
They sent out computers to us, printers, all the classroom supplies (including lab stuff, black boards) and they paid our internet bill. So without saying more, you can see where there could be a breakdown in the system that was severe. Not to mention that the reason I quit doing it is because I could never reach the assigned instructor (for me) and the change over in their positions happened 8 frigging times in 2 semesters! I loved the freedom of it because we could travel frequently and set our own hours, and I had this new bonding time I hadn't had since they were tiny things. I had my oldest child before 18, so in a way, I was able to parent better. But the break-down in the way it was set up just enforced it wasn't for us, as well as my oldest child wanting to enter into middle school with his peers.

The people I've met have fully admitted to being only with siblings and college being their first class room of any kind with this sort of set up. I wasn't making fun of them, in fact, I feel for them because going to a University is major to start with but add other stress factors in makes it panic inducing. Thank you Katy, that was my point and I didn't either word it right or something. Who knows. Appreciate you taking the time to make it more understandable :)

I haven't seen anything yet that definitely indicates to me that Sigg told the truth or that he lied. Either way, LE would still be investigating to corroborate or refute his confession.

It's not like the police can just say "okay, we'll take your word for it."

I didn't think they would just chalk it up as him being the most honest person and his word golden. All I said is that I hope he isn't stalling the investigation to get his rocks off on control.

OK one more quick post - yeah, the article mentioned a motorhome and personal watercraft that used to be there too. I think the property's fairly large, just from those reports and guessing from the pics.

The motorhome? and pool are visible in this aerial view. Google: date stamp 2011.

2j9vev.jpg

Prosecutors to file charges in Ridgeway case

Updated: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 2:26am

DENVER (AP) — "A teenager who prosecutors said confessed to killing a 10-year-old Westminster girl and attacking a runner at a nearby lake was set to be formally charged in adult court Tuesday.

Prosecutors are expected to charge Austin Sigg, 17, in the slaying of Jessica Ridgeway and in a separate attack on a 22-year-old woman."

http://www.chron.com/news/crime/article/Prosecutors-to-file-charges-in-Ridgeway-case-3992017.php

of course we won't (most likely) hear about it much until it is over since it will be juvie court.

If he is charged as an adult most likely his lawyer will argue against it (that was called a reverse something and something hearing... sorry I forget the actual title for it)

hope you are staying safe in this weather!!!

Reverse Transfer

Police look at Colo. teen in 2 other child

Excerpt: "Sigg turns 18 in January. He remains in a juvenile detention facility and cannot face the death penalty because of his age when he allegedly committed the crime. Jefferson County District Attorney Scott Storey said Sigg will likely be charged and tried as adult by his office.

But that decision can be challenged by Sigg's public defenders who can ask a judge for what's called a reverse transfer to keep the case in juvenile court under a state law passed this year. Among the factors to be considered by a judge to keep the case in an adult court are the seriousness of the crime, impact on the victims, and the maturity and intelligence level of the defendant."

Read more: Police look at Colo. teen in 2 other child cases - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/popular/c...o-teen-2-other-child?source=pkg#ixzz2Ame5nOEY

I guess I don't know that for a fact he lived in Aurora.. and I don't think we are allowed to 'sleuth' or post info about family members but doing a little research after seeing that article it looks like he could possibly tied to an address that is very close to that location.

I thought the articles said that he'd moved there during his childhood, not that he had lived there the whole time.. and I am assuming that when his parents were separating that multiple addresses were involved.

Austin Sigg - Date of Birth - 1/17/95

The house was sold 05/08/1996 so AS would have been approx. 16 months old when the house was purchased.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/10622-W-102nd-Ave-Westminster-CO-80021/13686463_zpid/

as a pool owner, I do not see how a pool could be used easily. He would have to get a hose to get the pool cleaned up and that is a huge job Plus, he is outside in the open .

Add to it the pool cover. There are more expensive rigid pool covers, but it sounds like they have the kind that I have--the cheap one.

It is not rigid and when it rains, water puddles and it weighs a ton and is very difficult to move

He could have done it in his house where there are many bathrooms or who knows where?

It does seem like he is daring. Abducting a child in the morning and attacking a runner in the early afternoon.

I know you were not.... I didn't feel attacked, and I hope you don't either. ;) Home schooling is very misunderstood a great deal of the time, and I think those of us who participate just like to share our very opposite examples of what most of the public thinks. I know I was very uninformed about it before I started doing it myself, and thought that anyone who did it must be out of their mind! lol However, I am glad that I opened my mind and heart to learn about it and just wanted to share my positive experience. <3

With all the discussion about home schooling ... I'm kind of wondering if I missed something. Weren't both the victim and the suspect attending public schools? How does home schooling fit in?

She had a motor home repossessed last December and sold a personal watercraft on Craigslist last spring — measures that hint at the family's more prosperous times.

Neighbors recalled that when Mindy and Rob Sigg first moved onto the block in 1996, they renovated the entire house — even adding a swimming pool, a rare feature on the middle-class street that includes families who have lived there for 30 years.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...rait-jessica-ridgeway-suspects-family-emerges

OK one more quick post - yeah, the article mentioned a motorhome and personal watercraft that used to be there too. I think the property's fairly large, just from those reports and guessing from the pics.

The motorhome was on the parking pad to the left of the house (when facing the house).

Duh... it's right behind the balcony that is being supported by the white poles. Right behind the house where the red cooler is seen. It has a cover on it that has collected leaves in the middle. You can tell there is still water in it by the way the leaves are sitting. Here's a screen grab from this video:

SUV towed from Austin Sigg's home - YouTube

Thank you for finding that! I knew that there was a pool but couldn't clearly see where it was ... so I made the assumption that it must be in the location where it is ... as that seemed like the most logical place for it given the balcony and columns.

What time is he in court today? Anyone know?

Will AS's arrainment be carried on t.v.? Does anyone know the time? tia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member