CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I should tell another story. My experience with coyotes.
I own dogs whom I love very much and spoil.
One morning I went outside and called for "wags". He didn't respond. I saw him lying there on the grass, but he didn't respond. Obviously his name would tell that his response was happy. I thought he was sick. I ran over to him and saw that he had been gutted. Skeleton and fur left.
Because of other history at our home with a violent stalker, we had prior set up cameras around our home. Anyway, we watched the film. ithe kill was swift and also awful to watch. A coyote had cornered my Wags. Then very quickly killed him with the intent for food.
My point is......coyotes do not chop animals in half. How could they? They are after ther kill for food.
The cat that belonged to the neighbor that was cut in half was done by a human with a weapon that could cut in half.
Imo
----------------
kkd, I am so sorry to hear this. You know there is life beyond for our animals. I saw our Dee Dee in my room after she passed from cancer. I couldsee her but could see through her. It made me feel better. Someday....................:seeya:

So sorry for your loss, I cannot imagine how that must feel.

:rose:

I hope you don't find this offensive but the statistics say you are even less likey to go through something so horrific a second time, if lightening has already struck once. I feel sure it will be so for you and your family. x

--------------
Sapphire, dont count on it. I might add you never get over it. statistics are a bunch of people who have no idea what they are talking about. My son left me his daughter, a grown woman now.Amy, her husband, and my grt.grandson live with me now as I am so old (God Bless them). He is 12 and we watch like a hawk. Take care and hug your babies. Nore.:seeya: PS my first was a little girl, my Princess in Heaven.

--------------
Sapphire, dont count on it. I might add you never get over it. statistics are a bunch of people who have no idea what they are talking about. My son left me his daughter, a grown woman now.Amy, her husband, and my grt.grandson live with me now as I am so old (God Bless them). He is 12 and we watch like a hawk. Take care and hug your babies. Nore.:seeya: PS my first was a little girl, my Princess in Heaven.

My heart is hurting and I am weeping for your pain. It never goes away! So sorry!
Your words really got me!
So glad u have your granddaughter and her family with you!
I wish you peace.
Gosh! That's not enough of what I mean!

Off topic
Sorry.
I read and have read this forum daily. I own a business I work at full time and then some. not complaining, just explaining. I care and take the time...very very willingly.
Guys, we have to get out to the public the crimes being committed against other and in particular our babies thru any and all means effective!
If a child is approached let us know in every way possible ASAP! Lots of the general public will respond to protect their loved ones and neighbors! We as a united states community can make difference!

So sorry for your loss, I cannot imagine how that must feel.

:rose:

I hope you don't find this offensive but the statistics say you are even less likey to go through something so horrific a second time, if lightening has already struck once. I feel sure it will be so for you and your family. x

Big hug for you SS. You need one. Says me.

While nothing will ever bring Jessica back, this image of Sigg in handcuffs is the next best thing we could have ever hoped for. So here it is, 1600 pixels wide:

ocaltvkdvr.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/sigg-sketch.jpg

( Is there even such a thing as Justice anyway?)

*&$****:furious:#$**@@**
Wish they'd let me have a crack at him. Going to sign off before I write something stupid.

I actually pored over almost 1,000 obits posted in the Post trying to find a young woman who died in late June '11 that would fit the bill of our Clear Creek Jane Doe. I came up empty handed. I just don't think this guy stopped after the first failed abduction attempt in (possibly) 2010. Also, FWIW, in one of the comments about a girl missing from Colorado Springs, a woman said that there are 3-4 girls in their late teens missing in the Denver area, but since they're adults, it's not news.

I guess I should tell another story. My experience with coyotes.
I own dogs whom I love very much and spoil.
One morning I went outside and called for "wags". He didn't respond. I saw him lying there on the grass, but he didn't respond. Obviously his name would tell that his response was happy. I thought he was sick. I ran over to him and saw that he had been gutted. Skeleton and fur left.
Because of other history at our home with a violent stalker, we had prior set up cameras around our home. Anyway, we watched the film. ithe kill was swift and also awful to watch. A coyote had cornered my Wags. Then very quickly killed him with the intent for food.
My point is......coyotes do not chop animals in half. How could they? They are after ther kill for food. They have no reason to cut in half. They paralyze quickly, kill, gut. I watched it on my cameras.
The cat that belonged to the neighbor that was cut in half was done by a human with a weapon that could cut in half.
Imo

I know it's OT but I just had to respond to this story, I hope it's ok. So sad. I'm very very sorry about Wags. :( I didn't lose "my girl" to the same thing but the pain was intense, I couldn't believe it.

Losing a child at all? Losing one in the way they lost Jessica? I can't even imagine.

That is what I remember, too, PMLsmom. Here is what I found:

"By age eight he was killing animals, taking apart animals, setting animals on fire and taking little girls into the woods to urinate on them," says Morris. "By 14, when Ann Burr disappeared, he was prowling neighborhoods, prowling on his bike, peeping through windows, stealing."

Author: Ted Bundy was capable of killing Tacoma child as teen ...

ARS is no Bundy, certainly, but the author of the book where the above quote is taken, thinks that Bundy was responsible for his 8-year-old neighbor's death. Bundy's childhood was certainly not perfect, but it seemed to me, neither was it a horror-show. Bundy was, well, Bundy...

Just a thought....

Ted Bundy was subject to his grandfather's abuse (who may also have been his father) until his mother managed to move out when he was 6, repeatedly sexually abused by the father of one of his childhood friends before the age of 10... That sounds pretty horrific to me.

--------------

I know it's OT but I just had to respond to this story, I hope it's ok. So sad. I'm very very sorry about Wags. :( I didn't lose "my girl" to the same thing but the pain was intense, I couldn't believe it.

Losing a child at all? Losing one in the way they lost Jessica? I can't even imagine.
Please understand....as much as I love my dogs I don't compare losing them to losing a child. absolutely no comparison IMO! I have children and grandchildren. I would gladly lay my life down for any one of them!
For anyone that has lost a child, I am so so sorry.
On further note to my post re my Wags, I just don't think an animal being cut in half (as reported by AS neighbor) could have happened by an animal. It just doesn't seem that a cat being cut in half (as reported) would follow a normal animal kill.
Jmo

I actually pored over almost 1,000 obits posted in the Post trying to find a young woman who died in late June '11 that would fit the bill of our Clear Creek Jane Doe. I came up empty handed. I just don't think this guy stopped after the first failed abduction attempt in (possibly) 2010. Also, FWIW, in one of the comments about a girl missing from Colorado Springs, a woman said that there are 3-4 girls in their late teens missing in the Denver area, but since they're adults, it's not news.

Good morning,

I was looking around and found this obit of a 22 yr old girl who passed away (on the same date given in the Denver Post article on the Clear Creek case), June 28, 2011. She was from Arvada and her memorial services were held in Wheat Ridge. Wheat Ridge is the same town where the girl was found in Clear Creek.

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/di...a-Eikenberg&lc=2379&pid=152310269&mid=4729114

Please understand....as much as I love my dogs I don't compare losing them to losing a child. absolutely no comparison IMO! I have children and grandchildren. I would gladly lay my life down for any one of them!
For anyone that has lost a child, I am so so sorry.
On further note to my post re my Wags, I just don't think an animal being cut in half (as reported by AS neighbor) could have happened by an animal. It just doesn't seem that a cat being cut in half (as reported) would follow a normal animal kill.
Jmo
--------------
kkdj, I know what you mean. I have my "puppy" who is a spoiled brat. LOL, I dont know how anyone could kill an animal. We know they suffer pain, how could he do that? then think of little Jessica and what he put her through he deseves to die.I dont care how old he is. It had to hurt so bad seeing your Wags like that. (((hugs))). :seeya:

--------------
kkdj, I know what you mean. I have my "puppy" who is a spoiled brat. LOL, I dont know how anyone could kill an animal. We know they suffer pain, how could he do that? then think of little Jessica and what he put her through he deseves to die.I dont care how old he is. It had to hurt so bad seeing your Wags like that. (((hugs))). :seeya:

In my eyes anyone who kills another person or animal is evil, plain and simple.

Good morning,

I was looking around and found this obit of a 22 yr old girl who passed away (on the same date given in the Denver Post article on the Clear Creek case), June 28, 2011. She was from Arvada and her memorial services were held in Wheat Ridge. Wheat Ridge is the same town where the girl was found in Clear Creek.

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/di...a-Eikenberg&lc=2379&pid=152310269&mid=4729114

FWIW, Crown Hill is a fairly large cemetery in the Denver metro area and having been raised in Arvada, most of my family who have passed are buried there. This girl's name is somewhat familiar to me, I almost think I went to high school with someone with the same last name.

FWIW, Crown Hill is a fairly large cemetery in the Denver metro area and having been raised in Arvada, most of my family who have passed are buried there. This girl's name is somewhat familiar to me, I almost think I went to high school with someone with the same last name.

Is that the cemetery with the aspen trees lining Wadsworth? I seem to remember a park across Wadsworth from a large cemetery...

Please understand....as much as I love my dogs I don't compare losing them to losing a child. absolutely no comparison IMO! I have children and grandchildren. I would gladly lay my life down for any one of them!<respectfully snipped for space>

Sorry for one more quick OT... BBM... I definitely know you didn't mean losing a dog was the same as losing a child, and hope my post didn't sound that way. For some of us, especially those who can't have children, pets kind of are our "kids" but still, I know it's not close to the same. Remembering how upsetting it was when I lost my dog after so many years, I can't even begin to fathom the pain from losing a child. When I read the stories here my heart just breaks for these families that are going through a pain that has to be nearly unbearable.

I think that girl probably had issues and the family needs privacy. I doubt if she was a victim of foul play

Good morning,

Thank you so much for finding this! I dunno how I missed it....After a while, I did go crosseyed. lol What a beautiful girl she was! RIP Cricket.

In my eyes anyone who kills another person or animal is evil, plain and simple.

BBM - I think I know what you, Idon'tneedthesame, meant to say. If I'm correct, then you meant to exclude game hunters and people who enjoy dining on livestock?

Please understand that my post is for everybody onboard... I'm simply jumping off your post...

Sorry for one more quick OT... BBM... I definitely know you didn't mean losing a dog was the same as losing a child, and hope my post didn't sound that way. For some of us, especially those who can't have children, pets kind of are our "kids" but still, I know it's not close to the same. Remembering how upsetting it was when I lost my dog after so many years, I can't even begin to fathom the pain from losing a child. When I read the stories here my heart just breaks for these families that are going through a pain that has to be nearly unbearable.

I have chosen not to have human children, and I do consider my cat my child. I left my husband because after I had adopted Harry (cat) (with his knowledge and blessing, I might add!) my father-in-law decided that animals were not allowed to live in the condo we were renting from him, and my husband refused to move to a place where pets were welcome. So I found my own place to live with Harry. I would no more have returned him to the shelter than I would have abandoned a child for the convenience of living in a property that happened not to allow children. (I don't know how common this is, but yes, my friend's landlord is one who does not rent to tenants with children or pets - so I'm not making that up lol.) I take my responsibilities as far as caring for him very very seriously; it just so happens that there are different behaviors required to care for a human versus a cat lol. I truly believe that when I brought him into my home, I took on the awesome responsibility of making his life as rich as it can be. When I make my work and social schedules, I consider his needs, not just food and water and cleaning out the litter box, but his emotional needs (eg., stress level, loneliness, etc.) as well. I hope that no one feels offended by this. Everything is just MOO and my personal experience.

<3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member