CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if I missed it, but when is this guy supposed to be arraigned?

I think ARS must have seemed "normal" enough to his mom for her to have him take his little brother to and fro, or that maybe she felt he wouldn't "do" anything to his little brother. I am also wondering how much time he spent with just his little brother alone, mornings before school and evenings. The whole thing just give me the shudders. It's possible....he bullied him or didn't. I wonder how many sleepless nights the mom spends wondering about that.

I want to make it plain that I am no way blaming the mother and I am not sluething the little brother. JMO.

I agree, she's probably had so many sleepless nights. :(

Not to get too far into personal stories territory again, but if ARS is/was anything like the friend's stepson I described earlier - who's nearly ARS' age <shudder> - he may be very protective of his brother, even fiercly protective. The boy I described who seemed to want to kill one of my dogs loves his own dogs very much (not so much the family's cats that all mysteriously "choked to death" in a few month time period...eek). The boy loves his little brother, would fight to the death for him I think. If anyone so much as looks at his brother funny, he goes nuts, focusing his rage, hate, protectiveness, or whatever you want to call it, on that person. I'd probably trust the kid I'm thinking of around his own dogs, and his little brother, but not around anyone that he didn't consider his loved ones. I have wondered if ARS and his family are similar.

All MOO... purely speculation and personal experience.

Still here... thinking of Jessica and her family!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Sorry if I missed it, but when is this guy supposed to be arraigned?

Austin Reed Sigg. Read the custody report released by Westminster Police (Westminster Police Dept.)
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/li..._115558_austin_sigg_custory_redacted copy.jpg

People v Austin Sigg Charging Document
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/li...0_121657_People v. Sigg Charging Document.pdf

"Sigg is due back in court the week after Thanksgiving, November 27th at 11 a.m."
http://k99.com/jessica-ridgeway-her-accused-slayer-will-be-charged-as-an-adult/

I'm wondering if some kids could fall under evaluation under observation to evaluate if they are potential violent abusers. I don't think there is anything available like that just yet, but it could prove to be valuable. Perhaps we could better understand thepotential for criminal violence and help ward it off. I am aware of sone brain drs that take brain scans and can see different colors in the brain indicating different activities in ones brain and what is outside the realm of normal. It's quite fascinating.
Jmo

Still here... thinking of Jessica and her family!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Me too...all of the community.

I got that app or whatever that only gives me ten minutes per hour on WS...until I turn in my grant on 12/8. I'm already counting down.

I'm wondering if some kids could fall under evaluation under observation to evaluate if they are potential violent abusers. I don't think there is anything available like that just yet, but it could prove to be valuable. Perhaps we could better understand the potential for criminal violence and help ward it off. I am aware of sone brain drs that take brain scans and can see different colors in the brain indicating different activities in ones brain and what is outside the realm of normal. It's quite fascinating.
Jmo

I think this is such a good idea. I don't know anythng about the nuts and bolts/practicality side of it, but I agree it could be really valuable. I feel like a number of people could be saved - both "future" violent offenders, and their "future" potential victims. IMO.

Sounds kind of like Minority Report, but I get what you guys are saying.

I think this is such a good idea. I don't know anythng about the nuts and bolts/practicality side of it, but I agree it could be really valuable. I feel like a number of people could be saved - both "future" violent offenders, and their "future" potential victims. IMO.

BBM

And what would happen to them.....lock 'em up and throw away the key?

BBM

That is exactly my question too. I don't think "lock 'em up and throw away the key" is the right solution at all, but I also wonder, what do you do? Wait til they kill someone, THEN "lock 'em up and throw away the key."? (I'm not being snarky at all with the quotes, just trying to quote to make it clearer since I know it can be hard to read the emotion on the web.)

What would happen to them? I don't know. I think deep down that's where my question is coming from. Is there something, anything that might help both them and their possible future victims? I wish I had an answer or even a solid idea. :( I'm pretty sure Jessica would still be here if ARS was locked up BEFORE this all happened, but where's the line?

BBM

I understand what you're wondering. I guess my thought would be, if we could isolate (not literally physically) those that seemingly have the potential to harm others (if a qualified testing plus behavioral history) and monitor them along with psychology, monitoring, testing, etc.
I don't know, but it just seems like the signs are evident prior to criminal acts. It seems that if we could forsee, not only could we halt potential crimes against others, but maybe even save the perp from destroying their lives.
Look, I have family members from both sides of the coin. Maybe not murder, but nonetheless the good bad and the ugly.
Jmo

There is a world (I think) renowned dr. Named dr Amon
That studies the brain, takes pictures of it, whats seeming normal, what's on fire, etc. My understanding is that sometimes in some people parts of our brain are not working in the realm of "normal". And that sometimes that is causing seriously not normal behaviors.
I'm just wondering, if a parent had some uncomfortable concerns about their own child's behavior and could have it assessed thru pics of their brain along with their behaviors in question, if we, as a responsible society as well as parents could head off any future criminal acts.
I don't know, just pondering because if so it could certainly make a difference.
Jmo

I hope this isn't off topic. Have the Ridgeways been able to bury Jessica? If so I pray they were given the privacy they need. I also thought do to the circumstances they may chose to wait a bit for more to develope. ( I cant write it.) I feel so sorry for them to bear all this grief for their child. God hold them in the Palm of Your Hands.:please::please:

Me too...all of the community.

I got that app or whatever that only gives me ten minutes per hour on WS...until I turn in my grant on 12/8. I'm already counting down.

--------------
PlainJaneDoe, we are all waitin' for you!!:great::seeya:

That studies the brain, takes pictures of it, whats seeming normal, what's on fire, etc. My understanding is that sometimes in some people parts of our brain are not working in the realm of "normal". And that sometimes that is causing seriously not normal behaviors.
I'm just wondering, if a parent had some uncomfortable concerns about their own child's behavior and could have it assessed thru pics of their brain along with their behaviors in question, if we, as a responsible society as well as parents could head off any future criminal acts.
I don't know, just pondering because if so it could certainly make a difference.
Jmo

What we don't know about the brain is way more than what we do know. Brain scans are giving some interesting clues but they are not the entire answer. Neither is genetics.

Here's a story about someone whose brain scan looks exactly like those of psychopaths... and yet he isn't:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=127888976

What we don't know about the brain is way more than what we do know. Brain scans are giving some interesting clues but they are not the entire answer. Neither is genetics.

Here's a story about someone whose brain scan looks exactly like those of psychopaths... and yet he isn't:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=127888976

Thank you. This is a very interesting subject to me. So, if someone has the brain "highlights", so to speak of a violent person or sociopath, but no abuse to "ignite it" so to speak (during developmental years) then perhaps that could be even further research and eventual knowledge.
I really don't know, just that we have been working with my grandson, who has a violent father ( whom he has never met), his brain scan shows "on fire" areas, he is ADHD, and we have worked like heck with him. He is doing fantastic and has participated with his cures.
I just wonder had we exposed him to his violent father, not addressed his aggressive nature, what might be his outcome?
Jmo

Thank you. This is a very interesting subject to me. So, if someone has the brain "highlights", so to speak of a violent person or sociopath, but no abuse to "ignite it" so to speak (during developmental years) then perhaps that could be even further research and eventual knowledge.
I really don't know, just that we have been working with my grandson, who has a violent father ( whom he has never met), his brain scan shows "on fire" areas, he is ADHD, and we have worked like heck with him. He is doing fantastic and has participated with his cures.
I just wonder had we exposed him to his violent father, not addressed his aggressive nature, what might be his outcome?
Jmo

That is in line with the current theory on psychopathy: it takes abnormal brain architecture, genetic pre-disposition and some type of abuse or trauma in early childhood. Subtract one element and no psychopath.

It sounds like your family has done the right things with your grandson.

I don't think the "ignition" is external. I feel it is internal. The person who is genetically inclined to become a sociopath is like the rest of us in that they choose whether or not to give in to their tendencies. All of us overcome temptations every day, but some have darker temptations than others. We are not helpless victims of our circumstances. We are more than body & brain - we have souls.

I'm wondering if some kids could fall under evaluation under observation to evaluate if they are potential violent abusers. I don't think there is anything available like that just yet, but it could prove to be valuable. Perhaps we could better understand thepotential for criminal violence and help ward it off. I am aware of sone brain drs that take brain scans and can see different colors in the brain indicating different activities in ones brain and what is outside the realm of normal. It's quite fascinating.
Jmo

That is exactly my question too. I don't think "lock 'em up and throw away the key" is the right solution at all, but I also wonder, what do you do? Wait til they kill someone, THEN "lock 'em up and throw away the key."? (I'm not being snarky at all with the quotes, just trying to quote to make it clearer since I know it can be hard to read the emotion on the web.)

What would happen to them? I don't know. I think deep down that's where my question is coming from. Is there something, anything that might help both them and their possible future victims? I wish I had an answer or even a solid idea. :( I'm pretty sure Jessica would still be here if ARS was locked up BEFORE this all happened, but where's the line?

Really interesting thoughts and I've tried to address them myself before. I don't get very far but they are so worth discussing and I know in the neuropsych fields they're working on research.

A little OT but I have wondered if AS was caught after the attempted abduction at Kettner Lake, what would he have been charged with and what would've happened to him? Surely the charges on possessing a deadly weapon (chemical soaked rag) and kidnapping would've applied. But would the attempted murder and sexual assault have been brought without the knowledge of what he did to Jessica? With the pattern and connection to Jessica? I guess what I'm not articulating is, although attempted abduction is no joke, would he have received a slap on the wrist for that alone? He had the (rumored?) treatment for *advertiser censored* addiction and (possibly?) a juvie record, and would've been examined by psych professionals and put on probation if caught after the abduction. But it seems like if there was more liberty to probe and monitor potential violent offenders (especially minors), maybe crimes could be minimizes or averted.

I am definetly reaching. It does seem to me that even with good intentions, many often don't go far enough or can't go far enough. Either for fear of accusing someone of being "bad" or "dangerous" falsely or don't know how to handle a situation. Truthfully, I'm not sure I would know how to handle every situation if I had concerns.

Enough of my babbling. I recently caught this program on Discovery's "Curiousity" -- "How Evil Are You?" where they conduct experiements to test regular folks' capacity for evil. The program was fascinating and this page has some interesting reads. Whatever ARS' "official" diagnosis is, he is certainly evil, so I found this insightful.

http://curiosity.discovery.com/topic/intelligence/how-evil-are-you-episode.htm

Jmo

BBM: is this who you're thinking of? Dr. Daniel Amen? http://www.amenclinics.com/

There are some pretty fascinating brain scan pics here: http://www.amenclinics.com/the-science/spect-gallery, and some of people who are said to have benefited from treatment here: http://www.amenclinics.com/the-science/spect-gallery/category/images-of-treatment-2.

The site's a little on the commercial/sales-pitch-y side, but if you can overlook that the information is really interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966