CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only been able to find these article thus far.

Wheat Ridge police investigate woman's body in Clear Creek
06/29/2011
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_18377513

Police identify woman's body found in Clear Creek
Wednesday, June 29th, 2011
http://wheatridge.kdvr.com/news/news/police-identify-womans-body-found-clear-creek/71932

Woman’s Body Found On Hiking Trail In Wheat Ridge
June 29, 2011
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/06/29/womans-body-found-on-hiking-trail-in-wheat-ridge/

Passer-by finds woman's body in Clear Creek
06/30/2010
http://www.denverpost.com/latin/ci_15405487

Body of young woman found in Clear Creek
06/30/2011
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_18381728#ixzz2B0cf96PN

Here's my original post regarding the "Body of young woman found in Clear Creek"
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CO - *ARREST!* Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #22

IF you go to the source (Wheatridge PD) they have a release that body was ID, family asked that her name not be made public, pending toxic screen, etc.

It is difficult to get my mind around AS being responsible for these various events mainly because of his age (but maybe I'm just naive):

Kayleah Wilson from Greeley - March 28, 2010 (AS would have been barely 15 then and Greeley is approximately an hour from AS's residence.)

The female body found in Clear Creek (near Golden) - June 2010 (AS would be 15). Distance wise, Golden is only probably 15-20 minutes from AS's house.

The Ketner Lake attempted abduction in July 2010. He's still only 15 but the location is obviously very close to his home.

The body found in Wheat Ridge in June 2011. (AS was 16). Location wise, Wheat Ridge is probably 15 minutes from AS's house.

this was also in the same area

Officials: Human remains found in Colorado are missing Chicago man
May 27, 2012|By Becky Schlikerman | Tribune reporter

Colorado authorities believe they have found the remains of a Chicago hiker missing since October 2010, according to a news release from the Sheriff's Department in Eagle County, Colorado.

Authorities said a camper found an abandoned campsite near Holy Cross City, a ghost town in the White River National Forest near Minturn, Colo., Friday. The next day, police hiked to the location, apparently the camp site used by James Nelson, 31, of Chicago's Ravenswood neighborhood, and found human remains, authorities said.

Nelson's fiance reported him missing in October 2010 after he failed to return from his five-day, 25-mile hike of the Holy Cross Wilderness Area.

<modsnip>
bschlikerman@tribune.com

Twitter: @schlikerman

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/..._1_chicago-hiker-chicago-man-matthew-frizzell

This guy was hiking and climbing mountains in unfamiliar terrain ... not a suspicious death, I don't think. Exposure or a fall, mostly likely.

this was also in the same area

Officials: Human remains found in Colorado are missing Chicago man
May 27, 2012|By Becky Schlikerman | Tribune reporter

Colorado authorities believe they have found the remains of a Chicago hiker missing since October 2010, according to a news release from the Sheriff's Department in Eagle County, Colorado.

Authorities said a camper found an abandoned campsite near Holy Cross City, a ghost town in the White River National Forest near Minturn, Colo., Friday. The next day, police hiked to the location, apparently the camp site used by James Nelson, 31, of Chicago's Ravenswood neighborhood, and found human remains, authorities said.

Nelson's fiance reported him missing in October 2010 after he failed to return from his five-day, 25-mile hike of the Holy Cross Wilderness Area.

<modsnip>
bschlikerman@tribune.com

Twitter: @schlikerman

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/..._1_chicago-hiker-chicago-man-matthew-frizzell

This man died from exposure on a 14er (14,000 feet altitude). He was found about 120' from his camp site. He was searched for, but weather sent the search crews home ... at the time.

It is difficult to get my mind around AS being responsible for these various events mainly because of his age (but maybe I'm just naive):

Kayleah Wilson from Greeley - March 28, 2010 (AS would have been barely 15 then and Greeley is approximately an hour from AS's residence.)

The female body found in Clear Creek (near Golden) - June 2010 (AS would be 15). Distance wise, Golden is only probably 15-20 minutes from AS's house.

The Ketner Lake attempted abduction in July 2010. He's still only 15 but the location is obviously very close to his home.

The body found in Wheat Ridge in June 2011. (AS was 16). Location wise, Wheat Ridge is probably 15 minutes from AS's house.

I know what you mean. He sure would have had to have a creative way to get to all of those locations without a driver's license. Although at this point, it seems like anything is possible! Hopefully, there is DNA available in some cases for comparison.

and Kyla Chadwick, listed as endangered runaway. missing since March 2012 from Fort Morgan, CO. would be 18 yo now.

the clear creek body was male and had fallen some distance. cause of death is due to the fall they believe.

and Kyla Chadwick, listed as endangered runaway. missing since March 2012 from Fort Morgan, CO. would be 18 yo now.

Of course Fort Morgan is about 2 hours or so away from AS's house.

I'm not saying he isn't tied to all these various things, it just seems like it would be a challenge to be covering so much ground at such a young age. MOO

This guy was hiking and climbing mountains in unfamiliar terrain ... not a suspicious death, I don't think. Exposure or a fall, mostly likely.

You are correct. The Holy Cross Wilderness can kill a lone hiker unfamiliar with the area rather easily.

Hey Everybody - Nurse pointed out earlier that there has been NO indication that ARS is a serial killer, either by MSM or LE. In addition, he is only 17. It is understood that many violent criminals start young, but realistically not before the age of 15ish. Any cases more than a year or so old are probably not going to be related to this one.

Its okay to research and look around, but it is not necessary to post about cases that are highly improbable UNLESS there is some factual data that actually lines up to this case, kwim?

Please think it through carefully before bringing it here for discussion so that we can all see the correlation and participate.

Thanks!

Salem

Just a sidebar on the driving/DL discussion...I was driving at 13, even took my DM to work daily. Didn't get a license until 18, so it is do-able (sp).

Just wanted to mention that there are some parallels between this case and Edmund Kemper. He was vocal in several documentaries in the 80's. I wonder what he would comment about this case. He turned himself in after murdering his mother. He had been murdering and dismembering (some in his own home) college women for quite some time.

Ugh.

I see similarities with a lot of them but his age, his age...!

It just puts him in a whole new category to me. A class of his own.

:(

Some (like me) believe Bundy started at 13 (or earlier). Can't remember the neighbor girl of his who was killed, unsolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3