CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
p
The written article is by Will C. Holden for FOX31 Denver. I don't know who did the actual live interview, but I hope to find out.
SBM

Jessica's family spoke to 9NEWS Reporter Dave Delozier Tuesday afternoon for the first time since Jessica was reported missing on her walk to school.
link

I also caught a mistake on NG tonight. Reporter said the man saw the backpack when he left at 6:45 pm. When actually what has been reported is that it wasn't there at 6:45 PM but was there around midnight when he returned home. IIRC

Two thoughts occur to me about the statement LE made in a press conference that there is a witness who confirms that Jessica left for school Fri am:

1) Could that witness also be the perp? Maybe he/she feared having been seen with Jessica by someone & decided to admit to police having seen her walking to school without giving up any more info...

2) Jessica's Mom states it was snowing that morning. Could the perp have been someone familiar to Jessica from the neighborhood who drove by & offerred to give her a ride, maybe promising to stop & pick up her friends also so they wouldn't have to walk in the cold/snow?

I'm trying to think of another recent case where an abduction victim's belongings were put on display like that. I can't remember a single one. I don't know if this person was trying to throw off the cops or was just thumbing his nose at them.

Sierra Lamar?

To the 72 guests reading- Come join us! We'd love to hear your input!

Unfortunately that's not true. When you factor in attempted abductions, it happens a lot:

Google search for "child abducted bus stop"

I'm sure attempted bus stop abductions happen even more often than reflected by statistics because most go unreported. In some cases, there may not be any physical contact between the child and the potential abductor, who tries to verbally lure the child into his vehicle.

When I was in high school, back in the '70's, I caught the bus 2-3 blocks from home and several other students waited at the same bus stop. I remember one morning I was there alone - I must have been early - and the weather was cold, maybe snowing some. A man stopped in front of the bus stop (on a busy city street) and offered me a ride. I just told him "no thank you" and he drove away. Maybe he had good intentions; I guess I gave him the benefit of the doubt and didn't tell anyone at the time.

Sometime later, though, the subject came up - there may have been a local abduction and my mother warned me about accepting rides from strangers. I probably mentioned it to her because I felt I had handled the situation well. But, my mother was furious at me for not telling her about the incident at the time. I now understand why. If the man who offered me a ride were a predator, reporting the incident could potentially have prevented someone else from becoming a victim.

Even when children experience an abduction attempt, they often don't fully realize the seriousness of the situation. I'm sure KG, for instance, knew not to accept rides from strangers. But, children are so trusting; more really needs to be done to educate children about the risk.

I just have a horrible feeling the guy who didn't succeed in abducting those two women might have been in the park that morning waiting on a jogger, and took Jessica because she wouldn't be able to fight back as hard as a grown woman.

What is being said from a mother is a gut response. You know that your plea will most likely not help. But you say it anyway.
Try begging for your child's life over the phone, only to have the caller hang up on you. I know the story inside and out. Mental disorder....sexual disorder...family disorder...emotional disorder....psychological disorder...social disorder. A perp can any number of these. If you could figure him out, then what you say might matter. But what you say is what you feel in your gut. And that feeling is..."Please let my baby come home to me."

Sure that would be gut instinct. But they have sat on this for days, it was even said earlier today they were getting their thoughts together as a family to do this media. Something to that effect anyways. They have also had police and FBI around.

So perhaps they wanted to present a strong united front. If you watch mom, she takes many exaggerated deep breaths before she speaks. I got out of that, that she was gonna say something from the gut, but took that deep breath, rethought it out, and kept right on going with the "we, strong, family" bit.

I'm trying to think of another recent case where an abduction victim's belongings were put on display like that. I can't remember a single one. I don't know if this person was trying to throw off the cops or was just thumbing his nose at them.

Today on 9News, Cliff Van Zandt, former FBI profiler, said: "Many times we've seen abductors will, let's say, for example, take a victim south, and then drive north, and then dispose of an item, trying to leave a red herring -- trying to point investigators in the wrong direction."
http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=293660&odyssey=obinsite
Posted @ 1:14 PM, Oct 9, 2012

This comment by the father just says it all to me. He's talking about when he received the call that Jessica's backpack had been found:

“It was about time to get off work when I got that phone call,” Bryant said. “I told my boss I had to leave. I couldn’t stay. I’ve been lost ever since.”

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/09/family-of-jessica-ridgeway-makes-first-public-statement/

BBM

I find that last sentence very poignant. JMO

Watching Dad makes your heart break!

Sure that would be gut instinct. But they have sat on this for days, it was even said earlier today they were getting their thoughts together as a family to do this media. Something to that effect anyways. They have also had police and FBI around.

So perhaps they wanted to present a strong united front. If you watch mom, she takes many exaggerated deep breaths before she speaks. I got out of that, that she was gonna say something from the gut, but took that deep breath, rethought it out, and kept right on going with the "we, strong, family" bit.

She might have been taking those deep breaths to keep from breaking out crying. I don't know of course, but when I don't want to start crying, that is exactly what I do.

:fence:
Lyric cook and Elizabeth Collins.
For those of us not following that case, can you tell us what happened? I know those are the two girls that went biking together and disappeared next to a lake, right? What was out on display?

About a mile away from 107th ave and Moore st is a RSO born 1958 6' 180 lbs with blonde or strawberry hair!

A RSO killed my friend Mickey. They are never rehabilitated.

It's like when a natural disaster or terrorist attack happens, the media will always report an unsubstantiated large number of deaths, then have to go back and change it to a much smaller number. Even one death is too many, but they never wait until the number of dead can be verified because they want to be the first to report on the incident.

It is actually inspiring to see the media asking the hard questions, imo. Many times they report spoonfed information by investigators. More often than not, victims lives are lost due to misinformation and silence by law enforcement, imo.

Abduction victim Meredith Hope Emerson (GA 2008) lost her life due to misinformation by the GBI. She fought her abductor for four days, buying time for a rescue. The rescue never came due to silence & misinformation spoonfed by LE to the ms media...

For those of us not following that case, can you tell us what happened? I know those are the two girls that went biking together and disappeared next to a lake, right? What was out on display?

Their bikes were found on a trail around a lake and Elizabeth's purse with her cell phone were on the other side of a fence about 10 feet away.

Pink purse left as well as the bikes... I don't know that all of us are convinced that the items left were displayed though, or if the girls leaned the bikes up and dropped the purse...

LOL, Obviously I haven't kept up on a lot of abductions.

Van Zandt's statement came as news to me also. A quick search on google for red herrings/kidnapping didn't yield many hits.

Tomorrow I will post screen captures I made showing the location of the back-pack. The placement of the back-pack by the perpetrator(s) deserves some more attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachstatesleuth