CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Their bikes were found on a trail around a lake and Elizabeth's purse with her cell phone were on the other side of a fence about 10 feet away.

It's almost like the killer is bragging about what he has done without opening his mouth. Sick {beeps}

Originally Posted by Zola
Today on 9News, Cliff Van Zandt, former FBI profiler, said: "Many times we've seen abductors will, let's say, for example, take a victim south, and then drive north, and then dispose of an item, trying to leave a red herring -- trying to point investigators in the wrong direction."
http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?...yssey=obinsite
Posted @ 1:14 PM, Oct 9, 2012

Predators/psychopaths think 180 degrees from regular folks....

We have seen and dissected what the family said to the media. That being said, none of the family have been named suspects or persons of interest. You guys, by now, know the rest of the rules because it has been posted and reposted numerous times. Please keep this in mind. This lands at random and is not directed at any particular post. This rule also applies to any other family members that were in the interview video.

Also if referencing the abduction in Wyoming please do not post her name as she is a victim of sexual assault. Thanks everyone.

Van Zandt's statement came as news to me also. A quick search on google for red herrings/kidnapping didn't yield many hits.

Tomorrow I will post screen captures I made showing the location of the back-pack. The placement of the back-pack by the perpetrator(s) deserves some more attention.

Zola... go back to thread#1 and #2. We've done that. We have the screen captures of the bag/back pack, etc. #beenthere

Trying to catch up, but a few comments before I get all the way through:

Someone asked about the Arvada-area abduction attempts. The guy in 2011 (the older-looking guy) was trying to lure girls. The two attempts this fall involved a younger man trying to lure boys.

Public school buses ARE free in every state and district [snip]
No, they're not. Colorado has no law requiring districts to bus children, at all. A Colorado Springs district ended its bus service and now students have to contract with a private company to get bussed.

In Jeffco, where Jessica goes to school, bus service is currently $150 per kid, and I don't believe she lived close enough to the school to qualify. [/QUOTE]

Someone asked about "trash" day. Trash day is Monday....
Are you sure? My sister lived in that neighborhood until 3 years ago, and like my neighborhood just south of there, trash is collected on three different days, depending on the company: Thurs, Fri and Monday.

I don't understand this at all. Here in Texas, public school bus service has always been a part of our school taxes. Do people in Colorado and California not pay school taxes? Obviously if they do, bus service for their children is not part of it, which is sad. No child should have to be expected to walk to a public school imo.

We would raise all kinds of hell if the schools tried to charge us for carrying our kids back and forth to school because we do pay so much in taxes every year.
Jeffco is in the middle of a school mill and bond campaign, and all I will say is that there is a funded opposition to the mill and bond. Yes, people are paying money to oppose a very small tax increase (average $36/year, less in a neighborhood like Jessica's). Yes, we pay school taxes, people yell and scream about fees for buses, and yet, people are willing to pay money to defeat a small tax increase that will prevent more services from being cut. Buses were free until two years ago when continued cuts in state funding forced them to raise athletic fees, charge for buses and more. We've had four straight years of budget cuts. And we don't pay very much in taxes. (Unfortunately, if it does pass, the mill and bond money won't restore free busing. It's to prevent another round of serious budget cuts for next year.)

All that said, I don't think busing all kids is the answer. Jaycee Dugard was kidnapped while walking to her bus stop, in view of her step-father and the kids at the bus stop.

If there's anything I really hate about life, it's that nothing can fully protect our kids from all bad stuff.

It is actually inspiring to see the media asking the hard questions, imo. Many times they report spoonfed information by investigators. More often than not, victims lives are lost due to misinformation and silence by law enforcement, imo.

Abduction victim Meredith Hope Emerson (GA 2008) lost her life due to misinformation by the GBI. She fought her abductor for four days, buying time for a rescue. The rescue never came due to silence & misinformation spoonfed by LE to the ms media...

Her parents said something MUCH different here: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/police-hiker-was-alive-for-3-days/nJRDq/

"The family of Meredith Emerson would like to extend their heartfelt thanks and appreciation to the following good people: Union County and Dawson County Sheriff's Departments and Fire and Rescue Departments, The Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the 60-plus involved agencies in the search and eventual recovery of Meredith," said spokesperson Peggy Bailey.

<modsnip>

I hope the DNA on the backback and water bottle and anything else in the backpack will give important clues to what happened to Jessica and will tell who took her.
SBM

That was another thing that jumped out to me in mom's description of Jessica's morning Friday/every morning. She said "she fills up her water bottle", meaning Jessica does, so that narrows down whose prints & DNA should be on it, for forensic testing. Moo

I just have a horrible feeling the guy who didn't succeed in abducting those two women might have been in the park that morning waiting on a jogger, and took Jessica because she wouldn't be able to fight back as hard as a grown woman.

Sorry, which two women are you referring to and when did this happen?

I'm aware of two attempted lurings of young boys in September, and one attempted attack on a woman in March. Are there others you are referring to? Thanks.

Below is the very quick turn around transcript of the first half of family interview from today.

TRANSCRIPT OF FIRST HALF OF FAMILY INTERVIEW

{missed initial question by the reporter but in reading the aunts answer its regarding the family's initial response to hearing about Jessica}

Aunt-
Just nauseaus, sick to stomach when heard it. I know everyone here says the same thing..can't put it into words..just don't wanna go there...how awful this is..how horrible it is..

We are already stronger and this is just gonna make us stronger. When I come to visit she has bunk beds and she sleeps on the top bunk so I can sleep on bottom bunk which is my favorite place..so Ive been sleeping there the past couple nights.

We are all also wearing some of her favorite earrings..she made this necklace and Becca has her necklace on.

Reporter-
Were you close?

Mom and aunt-
yes, very close

Another maternal female family member-
Yes, the part of what brings us together is the dancing, giggling one that is missing and the house is too quiet.

Mom-
We keep looking looking over at the door expecting to see her just walk in.

Reporter-
Dad, Jeremy when did you get in?

Dad-
Late last night/early this morning.

Reporter-
Mom tell me about Jessica?

Mom-
She is my rock she is all of ours.. If any one of us is kinda down she's gonna make you laugh, give you hug, give you a kiss..she loved to pretend to give foot massages, rubbing on people's feet with lotion.. I don't know why but she pretends she's a waitress, walking in with her little pad, taking orders.

Teachers remember her, everyone remembers her.. There are teachers from 4years ago that are coming forward to say they remember her and that she was always such a helper to make sure everyone was taken care of..she has always been a helper.. We want our helper back.

She was the light of our house..the house is way too quiet..

Reporter-
Mom tell me about that morning.

Mom-
It was like any other morning. I got home at 7:30, her alarm went off at 7:45..she had wanted her own alrm clock so she could wake up to her alarm..she goes downstairs to watch TV, eats her granola bar, goes back upstairs and gets dressed, and then we peeled oranges for her snack at school, and made her water bottle. She gets on her coats, she calls her friend to make sure they're walking and gonna meet her friend that morning and her friend was walking. And I watched her walk out the door and thats the last time I saw her..and we need her to walk through that door.

Reporter-
Mom, were there ever any concerns with her walking that route?

Mom-
No, last year they stopped the free bus service, now have to pay for it.. Last year there were no other kids walking to school so I always drove her.. I asked her what she wanted to do this year and she said she wanted to walk with her friend J and his older brother who goes to the middle school.. There is a whole group of them from the neighborhood that walk home.. Its too quiet on the streets too. No kids playing.. They need to be able to be out playing again and not scared.

Reporter-
Mom, when did you know something was wrong?

Mom-
When the school called, she never misses school her favorite were Math and PE. She would never not go cause she didn't want to go. I got call from school and made sure she wasn't any of the places where I didn't think she would be but just wanted to check to make sure. (school and friends house)

Reporter-
Did you miss the call from school?

Mom-
Yes, they left a message on my cell phone. I recently have been applying for colleges and one of those colleges keeps calling so I left my phone downstairs so that I could get some sleep because i need to be rested for when Jessica gets home from school.

After getting the msg from the school I drove past the park and had a little bit of hope and thought maybe the school was mistaken and she was at the park playing with friend.. But she wasnt and I lost a little bit of hope..went to her friends house and noone answered the door..went to the school and noone had seen her so I lost a little more hope..went back to friends house and friend still wasnt home .. And I knew in the pit of my stomach(emotional and crying) a parent never wishes to go there. I wouldnt wish for any parent to ever have to go there..

We are a strong family and we will get through this and she'll be taken care of as she always has been and she will be stronger too.
<snip>
END OF TRANSCRIPT OF FIRST HALF OF 33MINUTE FAMILY INTERVIEW

Sorry, which two women are you referring to and when did this happen?

I'm aware of two attempted lurings of young boys in September, and one attempted attack on a woman in March. Are there others you are referring to? Thanks.

I thought there were two attempted abductions in that park or area. One with the woman who said a man put a rag over her face with a chemical, and another one that I can't remember the particulars about right now.

I thought there were two attempted abductions in that park or area. One with the woman who said a man put a rag over her face with a chemical, and another one that I can't remember the particulars about right now.

If you remember the name or where you read it, could you post it here? I don't think I've seen anything about a second attempted abduction of a woman and would be very interested to read about it. TIA

Below is the very quick turn around transcript of the first half of family interview from today.

Last sentence...exactly what I was thinking with my earlier post. "And she will be stronger too." :heartbeat:

how do I find the basement?

I *think* this is what you are looking for?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186956"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

folks: knock off the back and forth please. If you have a problem with a post hit the alert button and a moderator will review it.

:nurse:

I also caught a mistake on NG tonight. Reporter said the man saw the backpack when he left at 6:45 pm. When actually what has been reported is that it wasn't there at 6:45 PM but was there around midnight when he returned home. IIRC

For my own info, I don't consider NG MSM. I consider her show along the entertainment lines, not with factual vetted info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro