DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

So something like this (I really need to be working but, I'm not.......):

A mid-90's model Buick wagon (this one is a 1995):

f6fc9ba82D07622D467a2D99db2D65adba6b3239DSCN0722.JPG

https://ibid.illinois.gov/uploaded/7865/f6fc9ba82D07622D467a2D99db2D65adba6b3239DSCN0722.JPG

Quick question... I've seen posters speculating that the sheets were taken for scent articles, but has this been posted by LE anywhere?

it was the pillow case... I will have to dig back thru thread one to find you the link

There is a chance it could be Jessica. There could be two or more people who worked together, ie one drives her to Maine and one drops the backpack in the dead of the night. Not highly probable, but possible.

I agree. I was excited when I heard the Maine possible sighting, until I heard the timeframe. Unless it was dumped earlier, on their way out of state, and somebody (kid/teen) just dragged it into that sidewalk that day. But without knowing the condition that the backpack was in, we would have no idea if that scenario was even possible, due to the snow and icky weather causing the backpack to be pretty dirty if it was left out in the elements for a couple of days. Like Seek&Find, not highly probably, but possible. Gah. Where are you, sweet girl?

oh now I remember... it was in the very first am video on the 6th from nbc denver (newsm9). it was in the video about the pillow case. (not sheets)

this was the am of the 6th video (it is also linked it thread one.. let me see if I can find it)

Quick question... I've seen posters speculating that the sheets were taken for scent articles, but has this been posted by LE anywhere?

Mom said that during the interview- that the grandma and aunt stripped Jessica's bed to give the sheets to the police for the hounds.

In Louisiana our RSO website has the vehicles that they own listed. I could not find this for Colorado.

Can someone help me find a website that has this for CO?

Question: the tweeted pic of all the officers being called in to help canvass, that is in CO, right?

just to keep it all in perspective (re: the maine tip)

Matt Flener ‏@mattflener
RT @9news: RT @abolton9news: @westminsterpd says it's received tips on #jessicaridgeway from Maryland, Maine,Nevada, Texas Wyoming #9news
Expand Reply Retweet Fav

In Louisiana our RSO website has the vehicles that they own listed. I could not find this for Colorado.

Can someone help me find a website that has this for CO?

Wow, I wish IL RSO website listed vehicles! That is great information to have!

Question: the tweeted pic of all the officers being called in to help canvass, that is in CO, right?

My bad - I thought that was Maine. Oops.

Jessica has a very sweet, Irish looking face that is going to resemble a LOT of kids, especially if they have glasses and shoulder length hair.

I agree. I was excited when I heard the Maine possible sighting, until I heard the timeframe. Unless it was dumped earlier, on their way out of state, and somebody (kid/teen) just dragged it into that sidewalk that day. But without knowing the condition that the backpack was in, we would have no idea if that scenario was even possible, due to the snow and icky weather causing the backpack to be pretty dirty if it was left out in the elements for a couple of days. Like Seek&Find, not highly probably, but possible. Gah. Where are you, sweet girl?

That was my speculation early on, and several other posters also suggested that the backpack was left somewhere else (on Friday) and a neighborhood kid found it and brought it to the neighborhood, placing it on display for the owner to claim.

Am I not remembering correctly about tracking dogs tracing Jessica's scent to the school in Superior and back to the neighborhood? Her scent would be on the backpack. It's possible the perp planted the backpack at the school in Superior while everyone was in class, thinking it would blend in there. Someone may have thought they recognized it when leaving school and taken it home to ask around, then left it sitting outside when they couldn't locate the owner.

Heading in one direction, leaving evidence, and then heading in the opposite direction is consistent with the behavior of a criminal fleeing LE.

Moo and I'm likely way off but I don't think LE took her bedding to use for scent dogs. I think they may be checking for something else.....
Only throwing out my ideas.

Actually, bedding is quite good to use for scent dogs. It's saturated with the scent of the person who sleeps there and there's unlikely to be much of anyone else's scent.

Since Jessica was so determined to be a big girl, there's a good chance she made her own bed, which would mean that it would be a practically pure source of her scent.

I know my local SAR unit has been called several times for nursing home patients who have wandered away and they usually use the person's sheets or pillow for the scent article.

I don't know what LE wanted the bedding for in this case but it is absolutely usual to use bedding for a scent article.

My bad - I thought that was Maine. Oops.

Yeah, I was kind of hoping Maine, that they had good tips and were going in to get her...but thought CO. Still, I hope it's a good sign.

I wonder what stuck out for her to remember this girl 2 days later?

I'm thinking it was probably the Colorado plate. I tend to notice different out-of-state plates when I drive as they are not very common in our small town.

Jessica has a very sweet, Irish looking face that is going to resemble a LOT of kids, especially if they have glasses and shoulder length hair.

I agree. Glad people are looking and calling in tips though. You just never know.

If they're headed to Canada, hope all border patrols are on alert.

Some Canadian News media has been following her case. We need more coverage!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/08/jessica-ridgeway-missing-_n_1948879.html

Jessica is also on the Missing People of Canada FB Page posted on Sunday.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPeopleCanada

I wonder what stuck out for her to remember this girl 2 days later?

Colorado plates. You seldom see cars from that far west here -- north of Bangor they must be even rarer.

I can't remember the last time I saw Colorado plates in my town. Oh, wait, yes, I can -- there was a pickup from Colorado in the fast-food parking lot a couple of weeks ago.

I don't understand this at all. Here in Texas, public school bus service has always been a part of our school taxes. Do people in Colorado and California not pay school taxes? Obviously if they do, bus service for their children is not part of it, which is sad. No child should have to be expected to walk to a public school imo.

We would raise all kinds of hell if the schools tried to charge us for carrying our kids back and forth to school because we do pay so much in taxes every year.

(Sorry this is old, playing catch up here)...

I live in Colorado, and yep, a lot of districts require payment to ride the bus now. I believe families with multiple school aged kids get a price break, but that's where it is. And yes, we also pay school taxes. Other areas have you do a lottery where if your number is chosen, your kid can ride. It is all kinds of screwy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member