CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um...isn't the fact she left with a friend
huge information? All this time I'd been under the impression she was alone. What happened to the friend??!

THANK YOU! This was a :what: moment for me!!

No horse trailers at the open space today. Not a single police car. I did see joggers out there, which I think is weird because you'd think they would want no other human scents interfering with the search. There was just absolutely nothing going on out there today.
I drove farther South on McCaslin until it intersects another highway and, guys, that area is just massive. It is just a sea of rolling prairie land. I worry that if she is out there, no one will ever find her. :(

Thought this would be a good jumping off point for some clarification.

By now they have likely run this area with dogs already and the beauty of a trailing dog is that they are "scent specific". This means they are trained to looks for the person connected to the scent article (something that belonged to the missing person and would have that person's scent on it only). That makes them a great tool because they can work through crowds and stay on task.

Area scent/search dogs are different. They are trained to go into an area void of people (other than the MP with any luck) and search out any human that happens to be there. They're great because they can "clear" a large amount of land very quickly, however if other people are in that same area then they will "find" them too.

Hope that helps a bit.

I want to know more about this friend she walked out the door with. What happened, did they get seperated some how?

Yeah, something's definitely up, IMO. If she actually walked out of the house with a friend, LE'd be releasing a vehicle and/or perp description, as that friend would have to have seen something??

BBM: Why haven't we heard about this "friend" before now? And if true, what has the friend said about that morning?? ODD......!!! :waitasec:

Although it really doesn't matter what we've heard as long as it matches what LE has heard.

I want to know more about this friend she walked out the door with. What happened, did they get seperated some how?

I'm just having trouble believing that this is true....it would have been a huge detail to leave out for 4 days!

Um...isn't the fact she left with a friend
huge information? All this time I'd been under the impression she was alone. What happened to the friend??!

That is exactly what I was thinking! I thought - WHAT?!? I Just had to post the info as soon as I saw it!

So I am thinking the witness they talked about who said Jessica appeared to be on her way to school is this "friend" that is now being mentioned. This friend may have some clues. Plus an amber alert was issued and I thought they could not issue an amber alert unless they have a vehicle description.

Although it really doesn't matter what we've heard as long as it matches what LE has heard.

True enough...as I'm sure there is plenty we aren't/shouldn't be privy to. But that detail seems like it would be of interest in the search as to what this friend observed.

When Michaela Garecht was kidnapped she had been with her friend and the friend gave key information regarding the abduction details and suspect. I can't see why they would withhold it?

The good thing about interviews is that the public learns more and LE can compare to prev statements. Moo

Thought this would be a good jumping off point for some clarification.

By now they have likely run this area with dogs already and the beauty of a trailing dog is that they are "scent specific". This means they are trained to looks for the person connected to the scent article (something that belonged to the missing person and would have that person's scent on it only). That makes them a great tool because they can work through crowds and stay on task.

Area scent/search dogs are different. They are trained to go into an area void of people (other than the MP with any luck) and search out any human that happens to be there. They're great because they can "clear" a large amount of land very quickly, however if other people are in that same area then they will "find" them too.

Hope that helps a bit.

Ah, so when they asked volunteers to stay home and people to stay inside so the dogs wouldn't be distracted, that probably means they were using the area scent dogs?

When Michaela Garecht was kidnapped she had been with her friend and the friend gave key information regarding the abduction details and suspect. I can't see why they would withhold it?

Thank you! That's all I was trying to say. :fence:

True enough...as I'm sure there is plenty we aren't/shouldn't be privy to. But that detail seems like it would be of interest in the search as to what this friend observed.

As Sarx pointed out, sometimes that kind of information can prejudice potential witnesses and lead to overlooking key data -- or warn a potential perp.

They've said all along there was a witness to her walking toward school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Proslakdbf