CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Twitter: with pic of family

CBSDenver ‏@CBSDenver
#JessicaRidgeway family on her missing 5 days "We just don't want to go there how awful this is. This is terrible." http://pic.twitter.com/4uwZlXoL

Ok, looks like this one is from 2011:

composite_abduction_11_11-200x260.jpg

Attempted Child Abduction Incidents

On Saturday, November 12, 2011, just after 3:00 p.m. in the area of Danny Kendrick Park (7000 Ward Road) and the Apex Recreation Center. Arvada Police were called to the area on a report of an attempted child abduction involving a 12-year-old Arvada girl.
On Wednesday, November 16, 2011, just after 8:00 p.m., a 6-year-old child was contacted by a man as she sat in a lounge area of the YMCA located at 6350 Eldridge Street. The suspect lured her outside and she was able to break free and return to her parents inside the building.

Indecent Exposure

On Friday, November 4, 2011, three 12-year-old girls were playing outside in the area of 69th and Robb Street when the suspect approached the girls and exposed and touched himself in their presence.

Suspicious Incident

On Monday, November 14, 2011, Arvada Police were called the area of 77th and Parfet Street where a 15-year-old girl was contacted by a man driving a silver or white four door car who began asking her for directions.

http://apexprd.org/arvada-police-release-composite-sketch-child-abduction-attempts

I was just thinking, back when I did PI work, the main PI that I worked for had some sort of electronic device that could detect the presence of surveillance cameras. We utilized it for things like commercial burglaries to see if surrounding businesses may have unknowingly caught something on their footage. I would imagine the police do this as well?

Commercial buildings often have security cameras, but there are none close to where Jessica disappeared or her backpack was found. Security cameras installed on middle class homes are almost unheard of in this area.

This one was recently:

arvadasuspect.jpg

Police say twice this week the man approached children near Warder Elementary School and Fitzmorris Elementary School.

In each case the man offered the kids candy and asked them to get into his car.

The suspect is described as a white male, approximately 5’9”, thin build, sandy or brown hair. The age approximation is wide at late teens to late 30s in age.

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2012/10/suspect-sought-for-trying-to-lure.html

I grew up in a small town near Petaluma. I was a freshman in high school when Polly was taken, and we drove by the spot where she was left frequently. I remember my Dad helping place flyers- he was very distraught, and it was the only time I can ever recall him being active in a search like that. When she was found, we were all stunned- because the location was basically hidden in plain sight- IIRC. I am sick- just sick- about Jessica- we bought our first home in Westminster and it is a good family community. There are so many places she could be, and I am finding it really, really difficult to stay positive today.
OT: I want to thank WS- I feel somehow more informed and in touch with the community I care about so much because of this site. I'm not a board poster or even a big fan of most boards- but with the kids at school, I'm finding it eases my anxiety, if that makes any sense.

I think that it's the fact that we are trying to be proactive... Taking steps, no matter how small they are.. That we feel a little more empowered over these events which make us feel so vulnerable...

JMO

Amanda Kost, 7NEWS ‏@AmandaKost
Less than 10 minutes after #JessicaRidgeway family left home the FBI Evidence Response Team arrived. PIC: http://twitpic.com/b2n2so
View photo Reply Retweet Favorite

Ruh-Roh!.. This is a bit odd.. I understand that some may not think so but my personal opinion is that the FBI could have and would have searched this home with family's consent(tho, in most cases do still issue search warrant in case evidence ever used in court) and with family's full knowledge it was going to be searched..imo that could have and imo would have easily already happened..

Imo we saw a similar situation in the Ayla Reynolds case where it was prearranged for the family to all be out of the home for scheduled interviews and then within minutes of their all leaving the home the investigators pull up with the gloves and evidence bags, search warrant in hand...ALL TOTALLY UNBEKNOWNST TO THE FAMILY...any who've followed little Ayla's case know that there is slim to none chance that the family was NOT involved in her death...

So, while Im not yet saying that its the same situation here but I can say with certainty it appears to be similar and Id bet that Jessica's family were likely unaware as well that within 10mins of their all leaving the home for the prearranged, scheduled interviews, that the FBI arrives with gloves and all ready to search(and Im quite certain with search warrant in hand as well)..
If indeed this does in fact turn out to be a surprise to the family there imo cannot be any good or innocent cause for why LE have chosen to handle it in this manner...moo is that the main reason that investigators go this particular route of prearranging the family to all be gone from the home and then unbeknownst to the family while they are gone the FBI immediately arrive to search the family home..this is done as a precautionary measure in the family not being under suspicion and therefor hopefully have not scoured and disposed of every sliver of possible trace evidence that the home would likely contain if Jessica had been injured or even died in the home..

Anyhow jmo but I do see this possibly as indicative of a problematic issue with the family/family home regarding this investigation.. I hope Im wrong because imo if something did happen to Jess in her home I think most of us realize that doesnt leave hope of her somehow still being alive..again that is IF Jessica was injured or harmed in her home..too early to know and am in no way accusing the family of anything, but rather just giving an example of another missing child case that the family home was searched in a manner unbeknownst to the family and what the dynamics of that case were in comparison with Jessica's case..

All jmo..

I thought the recent sketch/man was after two young boys

FYI-

http://yellodyno.com/Statistics/statistics_child_molester.html

STATISTICS
Child Molesters
"The serial killer has the same personality characteristics as the sex offender against children"
-Dr. Mace Knapp, Nevada State Prison Psychologist
Child Molester Statistics from Child Protections LifeTips. Taken from the U.S. Department of Justice Bureau of Justice Statistics.

Female Sex Offenders - Texas Department of Health Services

Juvenile Sex Offenders - various sources

• Many child molesters know their victims. Some stalk their victims, observing their habits as they walk to and from school. They often try to buy houses near schools or parks.

• Pedophiles have a strong, almost irresistible, desire to have sex with children. The average pedophile molests 260 victims during their lifetime. Over 90% of convicted pedophiles are arrested again for the same offense after their release from prison.

• The best protection is to help your children learn to resist unwanted advances and to learn about threats in your neighborhood.

Read More-

BBM This information horrifies me. Absolutely horrifies.

I'm praying for Jessica and all the other poor innocents who are missing all over the world.

I was just thinking, back when I did PI work, the main PI that I worked for had some sort of electronic device that could detect the presence of surveillance cameras. We utilized it for things like commercial burglaries to see if surrounding businesses may have unknowingly caught something on their footage. I would imagine the police do this as well?

I've been turning this over as well. IMO, there has to be alot of cameras in the neighborhood the backpack was left in. My subdivision is as nice, but not as expensive and we have cameras on many houses. I'd love to know if LE got anything useful. I'd also love to know if Jessica had a cell phone with her.

Long time reader, first time poster. Sorry in advance for any forum faux-pas.

Sounds like Jessica may have headed out the door with a friend the morning she went missing. Quoting from the family interview currently underway:

Will C. Holden October 9, 20122:15 pm
Jessica Ridgeway’s mother talking about the morning her daughter went missing:
“It was any other morning. Her alarm goes off at 7:45. She wanted her alarm clock so she could get up on her own. She comes down, she watches T.V., she eats her granola bar, she goes up and gets dressed, we peel oranges for her snack. She does everything on her own – she wants to be a teenager before she’s a teenager.
“I watch her walk out the door with her friend, who said she was walking too. That was the last time I saw her. I want her to walk back through that door. I need her to walk back through that door.”

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/08/live-blog-search-continues-for-jessica-ridgeway/

No horse trailers at the open space today. Not a single police car. I did see joggers out there, which I think is weird because you'd think they would want no other human scents interfering with the search. There was just absolutely nothing going on out there today.
I drove farther South on McCaslin until it intersects another highway and, guys, that area is just massive. It is just a sea of rolling prairie land. I worry that if she is out there, no one will ever find her. :(

I posted the link to that article and sketch even though it is from 2011 because the description is similar to the WY abduction description and there is an RSO who matches the sketch.

Can you link to the RSO and/or provide initials?

Sounds like Jessica may have headed out the door with a friend the morning she went missing. Quoting from the family interview currently underway:

Will C. Holden October 9, 20122:15 pm
Jessica Ridgeway’s mother talking about the morning her daughter went missing:
“It was any other morning. Her alarm goes off at 7:45. She wanted her alarm clock so she could get up on her own. She comes down, she watches T.V., she eats her granola bar, she goes up and gets dressed, we peel oranges for her snack. She does everything on her own – she wants to be a teenager before she’s a teenager.
“I watch her walk out the door with her friend, who said she was walking too. That was the last time I saw her. I want her to walk back through that door. I need her to walk back through that door.”

BBM: Why haven't we heard about this "friend" before now? And if true, what has the friend said about that morning?? ODD......!!! :waitasec:

Commercial buildings often have security cameras, but there are none close to where Jessica disappeared or her backpack was found. Security cameras installed on middle class homes are almost unheard of in this area.

BBM. That's disappointing to hear. I was hoping otherwise as they are very common here.

More from family statement on Twitter:

Theresa Marchetta ‏@Theresa7News
"When I sat down with the FBI they asked if I thought she did it. I said, no way," #JessicaRidgeway dad, re: mom's role in disappearance.

Expand Collapse Reply RetweetedRetweet
Delete
FavoritedFavorite

Um...isn't the fact she left with a friend
huge information? All this time I'd been under the impression she was alone. What happened to the friend??!

Twitter

9NEWS Denver ‏@9NEWS
Both of #JessicaRidgeway's parents were asked if the other parent could have taken her, hurt her. Both said no.

Expand Collapse Reply RetweetedRetweet
Delete
FavoritedFavorite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads