CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think body language experts are usually full of you-know-what, especially in cases like this. There is simply no template for how a parent should act when a child goes missing.

One thing I do think is telling in watching these kinds of interviews, is crying-Is the parent crying? Is the display of emotion genuine, or are they scrunching up their face and making crying noises, but no tears are coming out? And, IMO most important-WHEN are they crying? At what point in retelling the story of their child's disappearance do they show the most emotion?

Both mom and dad cried "appropriately", for lack of a better word. Jessica's mother, for example, held it together fairly well until she started to describe that "pit in the stomach" feeling when she realized her child was taken. This is exactly the point I would expect a parent to break down if their child has gone missing and they are not involved. Because that is the moment it becomes every parent's worst nightmare.

ETA-This was in response to shetner's comment about mom's body language during the press conference, I forgot to quote!

AMEN. Those "experts" are about as expert as bald headed bloggers. IMO.

She prerecords early in the day so I doubt she'll mention the family's presser. I see Mark Klaas is on and I looking forward to see what he says.

Met Marc Klass at a missing person conference in 2010. He is a Klass Act...
When Marc speaks, folks listen...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN878keA6K0"]CUE Center National Conference-2010 - YouTube[/ame]

Big long shot but how far away is IA (lyric/Lizzy)

CO (jessica)

And WY (Katelynn)

Westminster CO to Cody, WY <modsnip> is 488 miles (almost 8 hours)

Westminster to Evansdale, IA (where Elizabeth and Lyric live) is 797 miles (12.5 hrs)

I don't understand this at all. Here in Texas, public school bus service has always been a part of our school taxes. Do people in Colorado and California not pay school taxes? Obviously if they do, bus service for their children is not part of it, which is sad. No child should have to be expected to walk to a public school imo.

We would raise all kinds of hell if the schools tried to charge us for carrying our kids back and forth to school because we do pay so much in taxes every year.

Not true in all school districts in Texas. My brother's children do NOT have bus service in Texas because they live "too close" for the bus and must find their own way to school ... ie carpool, mom/dad, walk, etc. One size does not fit all in ANY school district in any State in this great US of A.

BBM: I have never read anything about communications between the kids in the MSM....do have a link because I've missed some important info? Is this scanner info bubbling to the top? Again?

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/08/live-blog-search-continues-for-jessica-ridgeway/

&#8220;I watch her walk out the doorwith her friend, who said she was walking too. That was the last time I saw her. I want her to walk back through that door. I need her to walk back through that door.&#8221;

I don't spend much time in the scanner thread so I'm not sure what might have been said there. But this is an example of the incorrect quotes MSM was posting.

It is a supposed quote from the family's statement today and it is not what the mother actually said and it was confusing people. I was trying to point out that the media hasn't done a very good job with their supposed quotes.

Long time reader, first time poster. Sorry in advance for any forum faux-pas.

Sounds like Jessica may have headed out the door with a friend the morning she went missing. Quoting from the family interview currently underway:

Will C. Holden October 9, 20122:15 pm
Jessica Ridgeway’s mother talking about the morning her daughter went missing:
“It was any other morning. Her alarm goes off at 7:45. She wanted her alarm clock so she could get up on her own. She comes down, she watches T.V., she eats her granola bar, she goes up and gets dressed, we peel oranges for her snack. She does everything on her own – she wants to be a teenager before she’s a teenager.
“I watch her walk out the door with her friend, who said she was walking too. That was the last time I saw her. I want her to walk back through that door. I need her to walk back through that door.”

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/08/live-blog-search-continues-for-jessica-ridgeway/

BBM

Sorry I am several pages behind but I want to say I watched this interview and after I saw this post I re-watched as I did not hear this. This has been misquoted.
The Mom in the interview did not say this. At 2:30 mom says" She gets dressed and she gets on her coats. I make sure that you know that she's gonna meet her friend since it is snowing, and you know her friend says yes I'm walking too and I watch her walk out the door and I shut the door and that's the last time I saw her."

This friend was going to meet her. The friend said yes, I'm walking too. Indicating to me that prior arrangements had been made. Mom only said that "I watched her walk out the door." I did not get from Mom's statement that she was walking out the door with a friend.

You can watch this yourself. Just want to make sure that we don't get caught up with her leaving the house with a friend. MOO

http://www.9news.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=1889333759001

BBM
Exactly, and the "teenager" part is what struck me the most. That and the alarm clock, which just seemed as if she may have trusted Jessica to get herself ready and fed and out the door by herself. And, coming from a mom of twin boys, a granola bar for breakfast? Maybe it's because I didn't have girls, but my guys wouldn't leave the house without two bowls of cereal and maybe a poptart, too.

I want to stress that I DO NOT think that Mom is involved in Jessica's disappearance, but I do think that there is more to the story of that morning than she is telling. And if I'm right, omg the guilt she must be feeling :(

IMO

OT -- but, I have to ask. How old are your boys? I ask because I have two grown sons and I've never seen anyone eat as much as a teenage boy. If your boys are not yet teenagers, forget the college fund and start a grocery fund, NOW!! ;)

FWIW, nowadays, lots of kids have the '4-way' coats - a reversible coat that zips inside another coat. That's what I thought of. If it were snowing, my kids would be wearing this 'double' coat.

jmo, hth, etc

Yep and my favorite coat also has zip off sleeves (along with the zip out lining). I start off bundled up and then start unzipping as the day goes on and end up with just a down filled "vest". Walking home in the afternoon is much different than a chilly morning. I live in New Mexico, by the way, and am familiar with changing weather in the Fall as the day progresses. We layer and strip/unzip. lol

Jax49... LOL We posted the exact same thing at the exact same time!:rocker:

Can anyone help me find the first 2 threads??? They are usually at the beginning but I'm not seeing them? Using iPhone (tapatalk) so I'm having a hard time...TIA!

We keep seeing this over and over, i.e. FBI/LE coming in to tear apart the home days or even weeks later. I do not understand why searching the house from end to end is not done within the first 24 hours in every case. I know there is not a standard protocol for missing children, but this one thing should be, in my opinion. Make sure the child is not in the house and that no sign of a crime in the house exists. This can be done while searching is happening out of doors.

This, too, is a major,issue with me..

Nor to incriminate parents....

But home is where so many answers would be from the start!

JMO

BBM

OT -- but, I have to ask. How old are your boys? I ask because I have two grown sons and I've never seen anyone eat as much as a teenage boy. If your boys are not yet teenagers, forget the college fund and start a grocery fund, NOW!! ;)

They're almost 23 :) One is in the Navy, just re-enlisted (his ship is my avatar). The other just enlisted and will leave for bootcamp in April. And yes, they eat like crazy. When the sailor comes home on leave, I have to empty the supermarket lol!

Can anyone help me find the first 2 threads??? They are usually at the beginning but I'm not seeing them? Using iPhone (tapatalk) so I'm having a hard time...TIA!

FIRST post on this thread has thread#1 and thread#2 posted. Click on either/or.

Coats: we gave up a bulky coats and now use fleeces with a waterproof rainshell or a thinner coat on top. In Colorado, I can imagine there are different kinds of coats for different weather. Since it was snowing, I'm assuming she added some sort of waterproof layer on top of something else.

On the other hand, I'm not even sure why this is important. But just wanted to share what I thought of the word "coats".

They're there. First post first page.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186952"]CO CO - AMBER ALERT: Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #1 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187110"]ACTIVE SEARCH CO - AMBER ALERT: Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I diagree, how many children have been let go cause their parent cried, begged and said their life would be over without their baby? The abductor could care less about you, they most likely have a mental disorder, and you can actually be feeding into their mental disorder, with all of that.

And all the we this family said, I can see that to. Very close with my immediate family, have a single daughter, who lives in my home, with her children. Our message would be exactly what they said. My 8 year old grandson would get the message " we are staying strong, you stay strong to and we will all be here dealing with this when you come home".

I've worked in the mental health field for 30 years, so my take is different dealing with someone who so obviously has a mental disorder.

When all is said and done though, it would not shock me if someone in the immediate family did something, but just showing a different view of it.

What is being said from a mother is a gut response. You know that your plea will most likely not help. But you say it anyway.
Try begging for your child's life over the phone, only to have the caller hang up on you. I know the story inside and out. Mental disorder....sexual disorder...family disorder...emotional disorder....psychological disorder...social disorder. A perp can have any number of these. If you could figure him out, then what you say might matter. But what you say is what you feel in your gut. And that feeling is..."Please let my baby come home to me."

Not true in all school districts in Texas. My brother's children do NOT have bus service in Texas because they live "too close" for the bus and must find their own way to school ... ie carpool, mom/dad, walk, etc. One size does not fit all in ANY school district in any State in this great US of A.

Ok I will change that to: In my County's schools, we have bus service regardless of how close a child lives.

But is it her cousin? We have seen it both ways, if it is her cousin and mom is not saying it, then why isn't she referring to him as cousin?

Here is the quote:

Sarah described a conversation she had with Jessica about taking a recently-introduced bus service to school this year. Instead, Sarah said, Jessica made a plan with her older cousin Jeremy to walk to school every day.

From this article: http://kdvr.com/2012/10/09/family-of-jessica-ridgeway-makes-first-public-statement/

The written quote is entirely fabricated. It is NOT in the raw interview. The bus was not recently introduced, in fact, she said, the school bus recently introduced a 'pay for it' feature (my words). Sarah and Jessica talked about what Jessica wanted to do, take the bus or walk. That's when in the interview, Sarah said:

"Sarah Ridgeway: This year, her friend J-----, his brother went to Middle School and so they made a plan, at 8:30, they were gonna meet every morning and walk up to the school and every afternoon she's walked with, I mean since the end of third grade she's walked home with all of the kids in the school. Well, not ALL the kids in the school, but all the kids in our neighborhood, there's a whole group of them that walk home. So, its been too quiet on the street too, I don't like that, I want the kids to be able to go out and play and be safe again."

The written article is by Will C. Holden for FOX31 Denver. I don't know who did the actual live interview, but I hope to find out.

Your child is gone....you are actively searching.....praying and hoping....
Would you say, "We are a strong family and we will get through this"

Even IF you get through it, you will NEVER get over it. But what does that have to do with things at this point?

My heart screams, "Where is my little girl? Please, if you have her, let her go. Just let her go. I don't know if she's cold or hungry...or if she's hurt somewhere. Without my baby, my life is over...so please, please let her come home to me."
BBM:
Of course I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members