CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zola, something I noticed from your very cool photos is that it's all right turns when driving. UPS, FedEx, etc any route drivers are trained to always make right turns. It's been shown that it cuts down on accidents and even if the route is longer, it's more time efficient because you don't wait in traffic waiting for light changes.

So, maybe a delivery type person.

great insight!! Or anyone that drives for a living or drives a lot(truck drivers/lawn crews/home repair, etc???).

I don't know much about this case but noticed that Nancy Grace is covering it on HLN tonight.

This article is new on my Comcast homepage:

Authorities say they think Colo. girl was abducted

By P. SOLOMON BANDA and COLLEEN SLEVIN, AP
45 minutes ago

DENVER — The sudden disappearance of an 11-year-old Colorado girl took yet another turn Wednesday, with authorities saying they believe she was abducted.

The case has seen many twists since Jessica Ridgeway disappeared Friday. Police initially said the public did not need to fear a kidnapper — then said the case might be related to that of another girl who was abducted for several hours Monday in Wyoming.

On Wednesday afternoon, police changed course more definitively, saying they believe Jessica was kidnapped by an "unknown suspect." They also ruled out her parents as suspects.

Adding to the mystery was a reported sighting more than 2,000 miles away in Maine, in a car with Colorado license plates...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20121008/US.Missing.School.Girl/

This reminds me of the sighting of Kyron in Maine. The waitress swore it was him. I can't help but wonder if there's not some kind of trafficking involved here.

Why the Maine sightings in the two abductions? I'm sorry I don't think it's a coincidence.

You all seem to be missing the significance of the backpack:

The perp is toying with police. It was a clear "catch me if you can" message to them. There was absolutely NO reason to leave the backpack on a neighborhood sidewalk. It could have been placed in the trash where it would likely never be found. Instead, police have a piece of evidence where forensics will come into play: hair, fibers, DNA? etc. The fact the perp left it so it could be found indicates to me he has done this before. Leaving the backpack on a sidewalk is not the act of someone worried about being caught. It is an act of defiance to police. I'm sure the FBI profilers are looking at this as well.

Second, police said they won't discuss the contents of the backpack, when they could have just said, "Yes, her water bottle was in it." This indicates something was in the backpack they don't want to discuss or don't want getting out to the public. I'm guessing a cryptic note or an item of clothing. If it was only her water bottle and books, why wouldn't they have just said what was in it?

I base this on my previous work as a private investigator.

I agree unless Jessica, herself, managed to leave it behind somewhere as a trail. (Ever hopeful!)

I think it is possible that the backpack had been there since Friday, people are not very observant.

Too out in the open. I don't think many people would miss it. They might not think much about it at the time, but they'd see this one.

This reminds me of the sighting of Kyron in Maine. The waitress swore it was him. I can't help but wonder if there's not some kind of trafficking involved here.

Why the Maine sightings in the two abductions? I'm sorry I don't think it's a coincidence.

What concerns me is when there are sightings and that person is never located and ruled out. It always leaves it open to it being a possibility.

Since we were all trying to quickly paraphrase/summarize Materasso's comments at this afternoon's conference, here's the quote re: the parents

"At this point in the investigation, after thoroughly looking at the parents, we're confident that they are not involved in the disappearance of Jessica Ridgeway. The focus shifts to an unknown suspect, as we think that she was abducted."
from video (quote in article not 100% accurate)

Materasso also said Witt Elementary School - which is where Jessica attended - will be on lockout as the investigation continues. Police requested the lockout because of police activity around the school.
link

I have a feeling the bag is the perp saying he trolls the neighborhoods for kids and he is going to keep doing it. Why drive into another residential area almost identical to the victim's and leave a calling card? Those shots from Zola are pretty compelling. JMO

Too out in the open. I don't think many people would miss it. They might not think much about it at the time, but they'd see this one.

Behind a fence? It looks like a car is frequently parked between the fence and street, there is no sidewalk, the nearest house across the street has a big tree in the front yard? Seems pretty out of sight to me.

I have no idea why the location or purpose of placement, only that I believe it is possible that the bag had been out there Friday.

You all seem to be missing the significance of the backpack:

The perp is toying with police. It was a clear "catch me if you can" message to them. There was absolutely NO reason to leave the backpack on a neighborhood sidewalk. It could have been placed in the trash where it would likely never be found. Instead, police have a piece of evidence where forensics will come into play: hair, fibers, DNA? etc. The fact the perp left it so it could be found indicates to me he has done this before. Leaving the backpack on a sidewalk is not the act of someone worried about being caught. It is an act of defiance to police. I'm sure the FBI profilers are looking at this as well.

Second, police said they won't discuss the contents of the backpack, when they could have just said, "Yes, her water bottle was in it." This indicates something was in the backpack they don't want to discuss or don't want getting out to the public. I'm guessing a cryptic note or an item of clothing. If it was only her water bottle and books, why wouldn't they have just said what was in it?

I base this on my previous work as a private investigator.

Excellent point. I have always thought it was to send a message or a ploy.

Easy access to the Canadian border ;)

People swore Caylee was all over the world. And as in most cases, she was deceased the entire time. Remember the lady on the plane? She even came to WS trying to convince us she saw Caylee at the airport.

I'm confused. There is little mention of the fact that a tracking dog traced the scent of the backpack between the final location of where it was found, and a local elementary school (not JR's school).

Bearing in mind, due to the nature and timing of the events, that this must have happened on a weekend, how do we explain it? i.e. unlikely to be a school student who discovered the bag, took it to school with them, and then returned it.

Was the backpack walked *from* the school to its final location? From previous reports it sounds like it was traced *from* the final location, *to* the school, and then *back* to the final location. Could this explain any possible time discrepancies between when JR went missing, and reporting of the backpack being found?

This chain of events perplexes me. Thoughts anyone?

I'm probably too fixated on Maine but for now 2 known sightings from different women so I'll assume the lead is credible until LE says they're false leads.

This is Maine's Most Wanted Sex Crime Offenders. I only see one possibly resembling the sketch of the perp in the attempted abductions.

http://www.mainemostwanted.us/index.cfm?ac=cases

Well, the people on Nancy Grace just did bring up a very interesting point. Neither parent, in spite of the fact that they were apparently in some type of child support/custody dispute, have invoked any legal representatives at this point. Seems to reinforce the earlier release that from LE that the parents have been cleared. Thank you, Lord.

I'm confused. There is little mention of the fact that a tracking dog traced the scent of the backpack between the final location of where it was found, and a local elementary school (not JR's school).

Bearing in mind, due to the nature and timing of the events, that this must have happened on a weekend, how do we explain it? i.e. unlikely to be a school student who discovered the bag, took it to school with them, and then returned it.

Was the backpack walked *from* the school to its final location? From previous reports it sounds like it was traced *from* the final location, *to* the school, and then *back* to the final location. Could this explain any possible time discrepancies between when JR went missing, and reporting of the backpack being found?

This chain of events perplexes me. Thoughts anyone?

Nurse in post 329 offers the best theory I've read yet of the connection between the backpack and the school that the dogs appeared to track to.

I think it is possible that the backpack had been there since Friday, people are not very observant.
That Rock Creek neighborhood is alive with people and kids running around. The backpack was NOT seen at 6:45PM on Saturday evening. I remember hearing that kids had been out playing football in that area on Saturday. They would have seen the bag.

theres so many pages to try and catch up on today.

can someone give me a brief rundown of the latest developments please?

NG show is a veritable neverending font of misinformation. I guess I watch it like I would look at a car wreck. I admit it.:blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx