CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a local perp to me, someone still around on the weekend to dump the backpack.

Reporter from KCTV 5 tweeted: Amanda Palumbo ‏@PalumboKCTV5
Jessica's uncle tells us the body was actually found last night but police waited to make announcement. #jessicaridgeway

Maybe that's the reason for the shift in officers today and the gathering of so many - to secure the area. This is so heartbreaking.

And on a larger scale, so sad/scary/infuriating that our children can't be safe within sight of their own homes... :banghead:

Sorry. North side of Leyden Lake. West of Indiana off W. 80th. Street. Due South of the back pack

Sounds like a local perp to me, someone still around on the weekend to dump the backpack.

Just to end a child's life, for a brief time of pleasure or perversion or whatever. So sick... just senseless and sick. :furious:

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_21744590/fbi-agents-comb-partidge-park-open-space-westy

As FBI agents comb Partridge Park open space, Westy PD calls briefing about Jessica Ridgeway

ARVADA — Westminster police information officers are being briefed and have called a press conference regarding Jessica Ridgeway, the 10 year old girl who has been missing since 8:30 a.m. Friday.
They will brief the media and public at 7:30 p.m. at the Westminster Police Department.
Dozens of federal and police investigators have been combing an area near an abandoned mining shack on the Partridge Park open space in Arvada since about 5 p.m.
FBI agents have set up a command unit in the area and are using a fire truck with its ladder extended to take photos from above.

Near an abandoned mining shack... :(

I found the park on Mapquest by entering: Pattridge Park , arvada, co

If this is her, it certainly points to the BP being a diversion to direct things North. And, of course that the Maine sightings that seemed substantial enough to expand the alert were, again, false. As always, I am trying to learn from each and every case in hopes of it making a difference in future ones. Don't want to spend the night speculating though until there is confirmation on who this is, guess I'll have to turn my brain off for the night. Yeah, right.

I hope someone noticed a vehicle around the old shack. A vehicle would stand out, I think.

Jessica's uncle tells us the body was actually found last night but police waited to make announcement. #jessicaridgeway

Wow. I'm amazed they were able to keep it quiet for that long. Explains more about clearing mom & dad; however, makes me dread the details if they are unable to make a positive ID after a whole day.

20121010_070420_cd10search1.jpg

I guess that's the abandoned mine shaft.

So close to the road. Someone would have seen something if they were there during daylight hours.

I can't imagine the Wyoming perp sticking around the local area for a few days, if this is Jessica and she was murdered on Friday. Especially if a transient kind of person. I think it was a local, probably someone who lives not far from her.

..so, the body wasn't found in the spot they are now securing? ...sorry, just confused

To get to the fwy from there you would drive right past where the backpack was found. I am sick. This IS in my backyard.

Whoever this is, I'm so grateful they were found. If it's Jessica, it's soul-rending, but as others said, if it's her, she's been found soon enough to point to who harmed her. And she's now giggling and acting like a waitress in heaven. Trying to blunt the full grief until we know, for sure.

Prayers for this person's loved ones, and LE with such a tough job tonight.

Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member