CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The map really makes me think it's Jessica because the back pack was dropped about 7 miles north in the opposite direction. The body was found about 7 miles south from her house. He lives in the neighborhood, is familiar with the area and drives about 7 miles before he feels "safe".

What worries me is that we live about 7 miles in a direction he apparently hasn't taken...yet.

well, that explains why they're still searching the area there. searching for the rest of her, i assume.

*sigh*

I would think they also need to identify the dump and/or murder site. It will be their best place to pick up any evidence from.

The way LE handled the body with respect and care..says it all to me...
Know the lord is holding this little child safe in his arms today..Prayers for the family..

Regarding the culvert and the storm drain or whatever they call it in CO. How far does that galvanized drain thingy go? Does it lead somewhere below?

That seems as if it's the point of the location and the picture pointing it out.

Seek&Find posted this yesterday, and I think it should be brought over here.

"If this is Jessica, she was not destroyed, no matter how her murderer might have tried. He may have harmed her vessel, but she is in heaven right now, laughing, loving, and smiling. The tears and pain are felt by us, not her, IMO.

But those driven by evil can find perverse joy in trying to snuff out good and innocence. They will be held to account."

Which reporter used the word "dismembered"? I only heard "not intact" by the Detective.

If you're loosing your mind, it must have run away with mine, because I clearly remember zooming in on the photo of the downed tree and trying to make out what you saw. It was definitely a downed tree.

I noticed the downed tree, too.

I think that it's not one body. That's why they are not announcing it. It's more than one body. Or parts of two different bodies, one of which is hers.

Please, can we use "monster" instead of animal...animals do not murder their young, or any other living being, they only kill in self-defense or food chain purposes....

Yeah, your right....monster is a much better description. I like animals. Not fair to them. Monster, beast, devil, scum, etc....I can think of lots more but for that pesky TOS! Jk....sort of! I have lots of words in my head right now, but not many I am able to share!

When is enough enough??? We keep saying it, keep talking about it, trying to change laws, etc....to no avail!!! Like I said if this is a known sex offender, and he was let out of prison, I want to know why it was able to kill this beautiful child!!???

Sorry....just so angry right now!,!

Question for anybody? Who found the remains, and how did they know to search that location as its not near anything.......

I believe animals probably got to her and she was gone when the perp dumped her there. I live in Denver, and I have seen coyotes ambling down my street. The suburbs have had bears roaming the neighborhood. Then there are the carrion-eating birds. Where she was found likely has even more wildlife about. The reporter who used the word "dismembered" was irresponsible IMO.

Oh my gosh, it's a wake up call for those of us who live in the UK and moan about the foxes! (I'm not one of the moaners, btw)

Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
We continue to seek tips in this case. If you think you may have information that will help investigators, please call 303-658-4336.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
1h Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
We hope for a positive ID by tomorrow. There will be a formal press conference once we have a positive ID. #jessicaridgeway
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
1h Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
Investigators are still working to ID body found in open space. Process is complicated because the body is not intact. #jessicaridgeway

http://twitter.com/WestminsterPD

The pieces are certainly coming together in terms of the way they handled the scene now. HRD dogs been out???? They could be handy here.

This was posted upthread:

Just a thought but isn't it entirely possible that a DIFFERENT child predator and a DIFFERENT abducted child are involved in the case of the MN/NH sighting & car. Things to confirm - did the reporting person confirm that this is indeed the vehicle they saw with a child in it? Have they determined who owns the car and whether or not it was stolen? I think the strongest connection here with the Jessica case is that the car has a CO plate. Perhaps the child in the car gave the reporting woman a feeling of worry and the CO plate was enough to get the woman to report on that feeling. I am really wondering if this is ANOTHER child and ANOTHER abductor. We all know that child abductions seems to be an epidemic.

Which reporter used the word "dismembered"? I only heard "not intact" by the Detective.

Don Champion ‏@donchampion7

Body found in Arvada last night was dismembered... that is what is holding up the process of identifying it. #jessicaridgeway

:furious: I'm so angry right now. This monster has to be caught. :furious:

Have a look at the image below.

x - Location of body
1 - Roadside pullover near where victim's body was discovered.

body_location_011_pullover_zps0bfe6667.jpg

There is a fence there. He would have either had to throw the body over a fence or go in another way where he drove to the location.

Really wishing I had taken screenshots of those pix last night. Normally I am really good about that, was just so tired I lapsed. Need to figure this tree thing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member