CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don Champion ‏@donchampion7

Body found in Arvada last night was dismembered... that is what is holding up the process of identifying it. #jessicaridgeway

Someone with twitter should tell this guy to not be so da**ed sensational...they did not say that word.

K, I think I'm losing my mind. In the second shot with the ladder in the air I do not see a tree down. In the shot last night, I specifically asked about people looking in the downed tree and now don't recall seeing a tree upright. Anyone?
I don't recall an upright tree either, that's why I asked when the tree pic was taken. We can lose our minds together :waitasec:

This drives me nuts - we all heard the POI say that the body was not intact. But here is how it is now being reported:

http://www.9news.com/news/article/293899/71/Body-dismembered-still-unknown-if-its-Jessica

The body is referred to as dismembered. To me, that is something a little different than "not intact". Dismemberment sounds more like a deliberate act on someone's part, whereas "not intact" could mean the body was disturbed by predators or scavengers.

Does anybody else feel that dismembered is not the same as "not intact"??

Don Champion ‏@donchampion7

Body found in Arvada last night was dismembered... that is what is holding up the process of identifying it. #jessicaridgeway

Shall we flood his inbox with a little tip.... GET THE WORDS RIGHT, IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE!!!

Mr. Materasso was wearing a purple shirt- the color Mom wanted to paint the town with for Jessica. That made me weep. I really believe LE has taken this case as seriously and thoroughly as possible.

Someone with twitter should tell this guy to not be so da**ed sensational...they did not say that word.

Not to quote myself but, this is so something NG would do, it really makes me angry...

I think the phrase was "not intact".

In my post I quoted the Reporter who also noted that they had footage which they choose not to air because it was very graphic.

The reporter had noted prior to those comments that LE did say at the presser that the body was not intact.

WESTMINSTER, Colo. — If you’re waiting on pins and needles for police to release information on the body they’ve found in Arvada or word on its potential relation to the search for missing 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway, now might be a good time to stop.
That’s what FOX31 senior investigative reporter Josh Bernstein is saying Thursday morning.

Coming to Denver after an Emmy-award-winning tenure heading the investigative unit at “They Daily” in New York City, Bernstein expects the discovery of a body at the Pattridge Park open space area in Arvada to slow down the information flow in what has already been a very guarded investigation.

“I don’t think we’ll hear much from police in the next two days,” Bernstein said. “If in fact they have found Jessica’s body, we’re not going to hear a whole lot for a while.”

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/11/investig...release-much-jessica-ridgeway-in-coming-days/

Now I'm wondering if the body was burned? :( I can't get caught up!!!

I agree. It's misleading terminology. They should directly quote what was said.

Regardless, I believe it was animals. And I really wish Jessica was home right now.

This drives me nuts - we all heard the POI say that the body was not intact. But here is how it is now being reported:

http://www.9news.com/news/article/293899/71/Body-dismembered-still-unknown-if-its-Jessica

The body is referred to as dismembered. To me, that is something a little different than "not intact". Dismembered to me means a deliberate act, while "not intact" does not.

I agree, not intact is completely different from "dismembered". I never watch 9News, news isn't their strong suit. :twocents:

I don't recall an upright tree either, that's why I asked when the tree pic was taken. We can lose our minds together :waitasec:

I assume some of them are coming off of google, but the one with the fire truck was from yesterday, so there was a tree upright yesterday afternoon and no tree down that I can see. And I feel like last night there was a tree down and not one upright that I can recall. So either I missed it (entirely possible) or they cut the tree down.

The body is referred to as dismembered. To me, that is something a little different than "not intact". Dismembered to me means a deliberate act, while "not intact" does not.

Actually they are pretty much the same but there is the connotation of deliberation with dismembered. But dismembered by an animal or human could both be the same, so he's not technically incorrect, but it is a bit misleading, unless he knows more than we do and had a slip.

The body is referred to as dismembered. To me, that is something a little different than "not intact". Dismemberment sounds more like a deliberate act on someone's part, whereas "not intact" could mean the body was disturbed by predators or scavengers.

I was going to post this, as well. It's infuriating. There is a reason the PIO said "not intact" as opposed to "dismembered," and that is because they need to run tests to determine if it was human or scavenger related.

The media drive me nuts.

Come back for an update and find this news. I feel like I am going to be sick.

Crimes against children should really be one strike and you're out. No second chances. I so loathe those who prey on those who cannot protect themselves.

Yes, the words can have very different meanings, but they also use "intact" at times to be more sensitive. (They just did that here a month or so ago and then a few weeks ago it came out she was in fact dismembered.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member