DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an FYI on Clint Van Zandt,

BIOGRAPHY:
Clint Van Zandt

Clint Van Zandt is a 25-year veteran Special Agent with the FBI (1970-1995). Prior to retirement, he was a Supervisor assigned to the FBI Academy where he worked with the Bureau's Behavioral Science Unit. Before this he served eight years in the Special Operation and Research Unit as Chief Hostage Negotiator and overall Program Manager for Hostage Negotiations.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/waco/clintvanzandt.html

So wasn't he an equivalent to Hoch on Criminal Minds? I always felt he contributed to investigations with his insight and Mike Brooks too. But, that's just my opinion.

Some of the background chatter is interesting - listening to phone calls, etc. I feel a little guilty for eavesdropping - but not enough to stop listening!

ETA: Does 9News really want all of us to hear this background stuff?

I like Clint van Zandt, and if I'm not mistaken he is a profiler with FBI. He's been on a lot of cases that are high profile. Pretty smart guy.
I also like Mike Brooks on HLN, he's retired FBI as well.
Thing is, while they're giving their opinions and get paid for it, they are also sometimes giving us some insights we would not have thought of ourselves. They've both worked in investigations for years, so they know the ropes and they know how criminals operate.
Much as I dislike how NG does her show, she also knows a lot about crimes in general and the law, and sometimes she does hit the nail on the head.
Without these talking heads, these news channels would be pretty boring as well as being very uninformative. JMO.

For those asking about the video-It was actually 2 youtube videos that were audio of a prank call to LE, with the caller saying he had Jessica in his basement and had done all kinds of horrific things to her. I called the tipline and reported it the next morning.

I'm sure it was nothing more than a disgusting prank, but one thing that makes me pause is they said she was "in pieces".

The video has been removed from Youtube.

Thank you for reporting this to LE. I'm not on FB so I just didn't know anyone had reported it.

Ugh, that is just disgusting. This whole thing is disgusting.

Oh yeah, this is definitely a sick, twisted, evil monster. I said it earlier: if the police don't find all the body parts, this guy will start leaving clues. He will write in, phone it….something. And now that he has a taste for blood, this will happen again soon if they don't catch him.

Someone on here said these predators can't control their urges. I don't know, but I just have a feeling this guy is enjoying this little cat and mouse game with the cops and wants it to continue.

And if that is true I suspect there is fear his behavior will escalate and quickly.

Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
Due to the condition of the body CBI expects positive ID will not be determined before mid-late afternoon Friday - more -

I guess I thought they could get 24-hr turnaround on DNA if necessary. 'Course tomorrow would really be 24 hours I guess...just seems like it has been much longer.

It's still live and still being broadcast to anyone tuned in. They need to be aware of their equipment and be responsible for what is being said and heard by their listeners.

Yes, but it is being broadcast as a behind the scenes stream. They just did the white balance test and were laughing - that isn't unprofessional. That is us getting a glimpse of what goes on behind the scenes. Things that routinely happen on live streams: Phone calls, white balance checks, mic checks, talking to producers, candid conversations, and yes even jokes. That doesn't make it unprofessional, that makes it real life.

Well, I expect that the perp doesn't have a regular job or a job at all. He grabbed Jessica in the morning, did what he did, killed her and dumped her in more than one place. He had time on his hands. He needed a place to dismember her, so an apartment or access to one. He dumped her backpack off in another location away from her body but IN TOWN. This guy has to know the town to be confident he didn't drive right into a cop zone or police station to leave the bag. It was snowing that morning, right? How was visibility?

Dave Joly FBI Denver Spokesperson

Jessica' Church Bells again....

Abnormal Behavior for the last 6 days
missed work, personality change

Common sense....info...tell us something we didn't already know...
'Think Dave may have been a replacement referee in his previous job'..

Yes, I agree. I'm sure they didn't know they were live but still, somebody should have been checking the sound and alerted them.

People in the media also cover other stories, things that are upbeat, it's not like they cover murdered children cases every day. I would think that people who work in LE and emergency services have way more stress to deal with than reporters do, and most of them manage to remain professional while they're working.

I think the media is just getting sloppy, no question about it.

She didn't do it live on air. She did it live on a web stream.

FBI Denver Spokesperson: looking for abnormal behavior from last Fri. until today: changing, cutting hair, parking vehicle in driveway when always parked in garage, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3