CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wishing I knew where here was. Location of Pillow pet might be the exact abduction point. Or at least indicates she made to inside the park.

Paraphrasing.

Last seen with pillow pet at rec center 8:30Am
We=LE, has pillow pet at scene
If earlier at the rec center, she must have come back here.

If Jessica did have her pillow pet with her, I wonder why her mom didn't mention it when she talked about Jessica leaving for school? Maybe this is something LE asked her not to discuss?

Also, I wonder why Jessica would have carried it with her to school in the first place. Perhaps to show it to a friend?

Little details like this really bug me, although in the overall scheme of things the pillow pet is probably not important.

One more question about the 'snow' that morning...did they salt the roads that morning at all? That is, if they use salt on the roads in Colorado? I am not sure why I ask, just trying to think of different angles.

The snow was so very, very light. A mere dusting that melted off as soon as the sun came out.

I watched JVM the other night and Mark Lunsford was on saying there is no Jessica's law in Colorado. Maybe its something to think about doing.

Past time to take action, trigger.. In Colorado, it may have made a difference today, if it had been passed yesterday.

Imo, a vote against Jessica's Law is a vote against the safety for our families..

Please share this link for awareness...
http://jessicaslawnow.wordpress.com/about-jessicas-law/
The Jessica Lunsford Act aka. Jessica’s Law:

1.) Increase the penalty for lewd and lascivious molestation of a child to life in prison or a split sentence of a mandatory minimum 25-year prison term, followed by lifetime supervision with electronic monitoring.
2.) Increase, from 20 to 30 years, the period before a sexual predator allowed to petition to have the sexual predator designation removed.
3.) Increase sexual predator/offender registration and reporting requirements.
4.) Sexual predators who murder their victims now qualify for the death penalty in capital cases.
5.) Failing to re-register as a sexual offender/predator, harboring, or assisting a sexual predator/offender is a third degree felony.
6.) Require those already convicted of sex crimes to have electronic monitoring for the remainder of their probation
7.) Require all county misdemeanor probation officials to search the sexual offender registry when a new offender assigned to them.
Throughout the United States there are many sex offenders who have fallen thought the cracks? They have changed their identity and not re-registering once moved such offenders manipulate the system. North Carolina like many states has such problems and authorities limited till the laws change. There are many John Couey types and one could be living next to you?

Im surprise the FBI Profiler did not add ..person may have scratches on them. I wonder if there is a walmart and if LE has looked to see any male buying bleach etc. Are there any car washes in the area? Maybe they would have camera's. Just grasping at straws here.

If Jessica did have her pillow pet with her, I wonder why her mom didn't mention it when she talked about Jessica leaving for school? Maybe this is something LE asked her not to discuss?

Also, I wonder why Jessica would have carried it with her to school in the first place. Perhaps to show it to a friend?

Little details like this really bug me, although in the overall scheme of things the pillow pet is probably not important.

Maybe "bring a stuffy day" to school? My kids get that several times a year-bring a stuffed animal and watch a movie. They have to earn those things and really looked forward to it. Kinda like PJ day.

I personally feel something unusual was going on that morning with J and her family. nothing to do with being abducted, but something was going on that was omitted from the description of that morning by the mom. It was not something that would have caused J to be abducted, but maybe something that made mom feel guilty. a fight, maybe J wanted to leave (as a 10 year old would, impulsively). custody battles are stressful. J's walk to the park/school seemed to have a detour and be out of the way. there may be a reason for this, maybe not. I think there is something to the conflict about who called J's friend that morning and who answered it at the friend's house, as well as who walked where and when and with whom. Not that those people are responsible for the abduction, but something was going on that is not being reported clearly.

This pillow pet thing...my granddaughter's have two and they are quite large....I don't see how they could fit into a backpack...interesting....why would she carry that to school?:banghead:

From what I could gather from the radio transcription, Jessica's family and friends had been searching around the area before LE could arrange a formal search.

maybe this caused some type of confusion about the unicorn.

Maybe "bring a stuffy day" to school? My kids get that several times a year-being a stuffed animal and watch a movie. They have to earn those things and really looked forward to it. Kinda like PJ day.

Seems like something like that would have been mentioned by somebody by now. JMO

My daughter usually brings her pillow pet to school if they are going to be watching a movie or havung a party for something. She did go missing on a friday which is the usual day my daughters class has movie parties so maybe thats why she had it. I wouldnt think that its an uncommon thing for a child that age.

I don't feel that way at all. I think LE has been as open as possible in this case, and still getting their work done.

I agree, I think the Westminster PD has been great at keeping folks informed via pressers, Facebook and Twitter. Maybe they aren't always able to tell us what we want to know, but I believe LE has been as open and forthcoming as any PD I have encountered in a missing child case.

Im surprise the FBI Profiler did not add ..person may have scratches on them. I wonder if there is a walmart and if LE has looked to see any male buying bleach etc. Are there any car washes in the area? Maybe they would have camera's. Just grasping at straws here.

BBM

Excellent thought. The little girl who survied in Wyoming kicked her attacker in the face and bloodied his nose.

This pillow pet thing...my granddaughter's have two and they are quite large....I don't see how they could fit into a backpack...interesting....why would she carry that to school?:banghead:

I don't know much about pillow pets. I gather this one was a purse?

If he dismembered her to prevent or delay any identification, then why would he put her clothes and glasses into her backpack and drop them off on a sidewalk for anybody to find? Doesn't make sense.

One question has popped into my mind. IIRC, LE had a pretty good idea that the body found was Jessica. If there was no head, then what would have given them the idea it was her? My guess is that parts of her clothing were found either on her or nearby, and it matched the description of what she was last seen wearing. Makes me think that it's possible animals could have been at the body. If it was lying out there in the open for days, then it's possible. There had to be something that made them suspicious that it was her, other than just a torso. IDK, just trying to make the facts fit logically, but I know that logic has nothing to do with these cases.

I think he was messing with police as far as the clothes, backpack. Throwing it in this neighborhood put police in a different direction so he could dispose of body and give him some time. I also think he was toying with police and enjoying the attention.
A 10 yr old body is obviously not as big as an adult one, and Jessica was being searched for, so it makes sense that this could be and probably is Jessica.
I agree logic has nothing to do with this when you are dealing with this kind of person/monster. This criminal obviously has a different way of thinking than most people.

There are at least 2 different sizes of pillow pets. My daughter has both kinds and the smaller one would easily fit in her backpack (if she wasn't carrying 2 tons of books back and forth, but that's another topic altogether). As for why she would bring it to school, who knows why kids do some of the things they do. Maybe it's as simple as her wanting to show it to a friend.

Yes, and the age being suggested is apparently within the range of the usual age of stranger abductor murderers (20-39).

From a 1997 document on child abduction cases (http://findthekids.org/pdf/casemanag.pdf):

"Contrary to popular belief, child abduction killers are not aged perverts or “dirty old men.” Their average age is around 27 years old."

More on the typical abduction killer from that document:

". . .the killing of children during an abduction is almost a totally-male domain of behavior. An astounding 98.5 percent of these killers are males."

And regarding a "typical victim":

"The typical child victim of an abduction murder is a white female who is about 11 years old. She is from a middle class or “blue collar” family, who lives in an urban or suburban neighborhood, in a single family residence. Her relationship with her family is stable, and she is described as a “normal kid” who is not thought of as “high risk” in any way. In short, she is your average preteen girl."

I don't know much about pillow pets. I gather this one was a purse?

They are a fairly good size...you can kind of close them up to carry and then undo a strap thingy and it can become like a pillow.HTH.

My thoughts are that this could be a local perp who could not be away from home for a long period of time to drive into the mountains, i.e. to dispose of the body. Just wanted to get it done, quickly as possible, maybe for alibi purposes.

I think looking at car wash video is a great idea. Especially since they probably have already estimated time of death.

I don't know how hard it would be as far as the bleach because convenience stores on up to wharehouse stores sell bleach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState