CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in a neighboring state and believe you me, my doors are locked and I talked to my daughter in law about this....if anyone hurt my grandson, they had better hope the police find them before I do!!!! Also, she works at a car dealership...

I wonder about the big oil field workers in N.D. The crime rate in that area has gone thru the sky! They work 3 weeks on, 1 off, plenty of time to trav el, lie about being short handed etc. Same thing w railroaders. Please don't get me wrong here, just thinking out loud and no bashing intended. These workers do alot of travel time as well as overtime. People I know work in N.D. because they afford a place to stay, and still bring home big bucks.

http://www.jessicaridgeway.com/

DONATE
A Paypal account has been set up for Jessica's Family, All donations go directly to an account owned by the family.

Done! Any little bit posters can offer helps in a big way. A simple way of showing the family your condolences.

I don't want to distract from this thread, anymore then I already have, with my sister/niece walking the dog problem. You all have given some great advice thus far, and I know you may have more so please don't hesitate to contact me via PM with any other suggestions. I may have to start a basement thread on this. I have totally been at a loss.
In fact, though, air horns/pepper spray attached to the leash/ dog walking friends/groups are great ideas I never thought of and ideas that can be heeded by any dog walkers and dog walking children, day or night, out there. I thank you and again, I apologize for the distraction! This has been bothersome to me.

Make sure or get her a good bright flashlight. I have to walk mine at dark (early mornings) and it is creepy.

Wow -- I am so sick of these angels being killed. I feel so bad for Jessica's mom. My 10yo son is spending the night at the neighbors and normally he just rides his bike over there. He did tonight, but I watched every inch. When does this ever stop???

From Jessica's Memorial Page:

"Those who have been ransomed by the Lord will return. They will enter Jerusalem singing, crowned with everlasting joy. Sorrow and mourning will disappear, and they will be filled with joy and gladness. "
~Isaiah 51:11

*Tears....we will see you again little Jessica. And you will be singing with joy.

isn't that his van? isn't there DNA in there? can't they get him so easy with all that evidence?

so awful.

It wasn't his van. He raped her behind that van. I do think he was caught, however.

These are ALL unsolved murders in Colorado of girls age 5-12:

Melanie Sturm
Melissa Bennett
Cherelle Morehouse
Sarah Skiba
JonBenet Ramsey
Tracey Neef
Baby Hope

Who is Baby Hope?

Respectfully snipped... I'm a terrible advice-giver on family situations!

Regarding your niece though, and a guy invading her space and her not wanting to be rude: we've all got to teach our daughters/nieces/godchildren/female students/girlfriends, etc... it's perfectly okay to set boundaries and limits when males violate our boundaries. Being assertive does not have to be rude, and it is not rude to be assertive. It's perfectly okay for her to keep walking ("Hey how's it going... no time to chat today, have to keep a good pace to exercise the dog!"), and it's perfectly okay to request that he not put his hat on her head. Hell, she could make a joke about "cooties"... and then hightail it out of there. His opinions about her matter less than her personal integrity and safety.

I'm not saying the neighbor is a creeper, because maybe he's just clueless, but one thing that true creepers rely on is our silence, our fear of being "rude", our willingness to be helpful, our not wanting to create awkwardness and particularly, our willingness to accommodate behavior that is uncomfortable to us because the larger culture teaches us not to rock the boat. We're more fearful of creepy strangers than the creepers we are familiar with, but don't want to come across as uppity.

BBM: Just had to respond to this...This is 100% what I have been trying to get across to my sister and niece! So true and I believe it may relate to what happened to Jessica.

Some random thoughts:

It's untelling who may have abducted her. When you think about how a small old stranger was able to get Dru Sjodin, a young adult, into his car in a location as public as a large shopping mall, it makes getting a ten year old girl into a vehicle in a less public setting look easy in comparison.

Perhaps where the backpack was left was an attempt by the perp to shift blame or focus. For example, both locals and outsiders could look up who the local sex offenders are and leave the backpack there. However, if it was left closest to the home of someone who has a reputation among locals as being weird, but isn't on any public sort of list, that could indicate a local is involved.

I imagine this perp might actually be what Ryan Brunn would have become if he hadn't been so sloppy.

Warning: graphic

I'm afraid I have to agree with some posters in that I believe all they had to work with was sweet Jessica's torso. They wouldn't need her parents to look at her to do dental analysis. It would be done by professionals with x-rays and/or photos of Jessica while smiling.

I have to add, I wonder if they were able to get perp DNA from poor Jessica's body. I hate to think how it would get there but having DNA would be good. I would think it would be more likely there would be a transfer of usuable DNA on the body than on, say, the backpack. MOO.

Rest in peace, sweet baby, and dear Lord, help her parents and loved ones find comfort in one another.

Just my take on it and :twocents:....but with a WARNING...graphic.

Finding DNA would depend on how far the perp would go to cover it up....and how clinical. I believe this is one very sick individual, and the description that is being debated is more on the grotesque side, imo. He may have gone so far as to bath her before whatever he did to her to not have her body intact. Still maintaining control over her...after she had passed. Hate to put it this way...but having a clean slate to work with void of anything he may have done to her prior. The backpack being left in the open as well as her body is for attention and his own narcissitic continuance of the control as well as in "look what I did" and the belief he will not be found out. He may well have totally destroyed the rest of her remains...or 99% since he was making a statement with what has been found. It depends on his pathology on when he will mentally "leave" Jessica....and precede to control his next victim. All just IMO, JMO, etc. Whatever the case, he needs to be found....NOW.

http://www.aapdp.org/documents/uplo...ws_A_Profile_of_the_Hunter_and_the_Hunted.pdf

This is pretty interesting, I haven't read all of it, but I will after I get done typing. The few paragraphs for the profile matches what many of you have talked about.

Mods, if this doesn't belong here, please delete - it won' hurt my feelings.

peedoffinny, this is an excellent profile of the unknown demonic predator in Jessica Ridgeway's tragic murder, imo.. Thanx for sharing.

Seems fitting of many evil demonic predators prior specifically Richard Ramirez; night stalker.. analogous to a tight fitting glove..

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1679512/posts

Court Upholds 'Night Stalker' Death Sentence (Richard Ramirez Accused Of Killing 13 In Mid-1980s)

"It's nothing you'd understand, but I do have something to say. In fact, I have a lot to say, but now is not the time or place. I don't know why I'm wasting my time or breath. But what the hell? As for what is said of my life, there have been lies in the past and there will be lies in the future.

I don't believe in the hypocritical, moralistic dogma of this so-called civilized society. I need not look beyond this room to see all the liars, hater, the killers, the crooks, the paranoid cowards--truly trematodes of the Earth, each one in his own legal profession.

You maggots make me sick-- hypocrites one and all. And no one knows that better than those who kill for policy, clandestinely or openly, as do the governments of the world, which kill in the name of God and country or for whatever reason the deem appropriate.
I don't need to hear all of society's rationalizations, I've heard them all before and the fact remains that what is, is.

You don't understand me. You are not expected to. You are not capable of it. I am beyond your experience. I am beyond good and evil, Legions of the night--night breed--repeat not the errors of the Night Prowler and show no mercy.

I will be avenged. Lucifer dwells within us all. That's it"..
Richard Ramirez's statement before he received the death sentence by gas chamber at his San Diego, CA trial..
After his sentencing, Ramirez rocked back and forth and turned to grin at the families in the courtroom...

I live in Superior , CO, so this event has hit very close to home for me. I apologize in advance for being long-winded...if anyone has any questions about the suburban NW Denver-Boulder area, I am happy to answer as best I can.

(snipped by me)

Excellent first post - thanks for the insight...

And WELCOME TO WEBSLEUTHS! Thanks for joining us... :seeya:

I was a child (ages 7-10 before they were caught) in Los Angeles smack in the middle of the Hillside Strangler and Rodney Alcala. I remember being absolutely terrified. The adults, in my case, talked in scared whispers and I heard just enough of the gory details to give me nightmares. I don't recall anyone giving us instructions on precautions and we still all walked to school unsupervised. I still remember the fear when cars would drive by. The OP's experience sounded a lot healthier :).

I'm so sorry you went through that.

I believe that Gavin de Becker makes the point in one of his books that people (specifically children) who are constantly fearful or anxious are actually at greater risk because the general fear level can obscure the first warning of the subconscious mind (the "hey, that's odd" feeling).

People (specifically children) who are usually calm and confident are much more likely to be able to pay attention to those warnings because they aren't being subjected to a barrage of internal false alerts.

I read the details of Sarah Skiba's disappearance on The Charley Project. It appears she was with her father & father's co-worker when they all disappeared. Later findings indicated to all being deceased & the theory was the perps were after Sarah's father.

We still have the 2 missing cousins here in Iowa. They have been missing since July. I'm not implying the cases are connected, it's probably unlikely.

It has made me think about all the unsolved missing children cases though. If this monster who killed Jessica has done this before, he just wasn't caught. Maybe he wanted that recognition. It's what he's gotten from this case.

Total speculation & JMO

I keep thinking of Lyric and Elizabeth too. Also, the little girl in Wyoming. What is it that makes LE sure these cases aren't connected. Obviously they know more than they are telling (which is fine), but I also feel they think he will strike again, and soon. I'm not sure I've seen the presence like in this case anywhere else.

This child never did anything to deserve to be dismembered. Totally evil people in this world. May she rest in Peace and prayers for all that knew her and loved her.

I'm just getting this strong feeling the suspect is possibly from or knew someone near where her back pack was found.Maybe real close.

Question, the body was in pieces? Or am I misunderstanding? We're any pieces missing & if so has that been made public yet? Out of the other missing children from the surrounding state, have any other children's bodies (specifically prepubescent girls) been found in this same manner?

To leave her backpack miles away is a taunt. What did that signify?

God I despise what our world is becoming. Sooo much!

Pease be with you Jessica darling. Deepest sympathies to her loved ones.

Just my take on it and :twocents:....but with a WARNING...graphic.

Finding DNA would depend on how far the perp would go to cover it up....and how clinical. I believe this is one very sick individual, and the description that is being debated is more on the grotesque side, imo. He may have gone so far as to bath her before whatever he did to her to not have her body intact. Still maintaining control over her...after she had passed. Hate to put it this way...but having a clean slate to work with void of anything he may have done to her prior. The backpack being left in the open as well as her body is for attention and his own narcissitic continuance of the control as well as in "look what I did" and the belief he will not be found out. He may well have totally destroyed the rest of her remains...or 99% since he was making a statement with what has been found. It depends on his pathology on when he will mentally "leave" Jessica....and precede to control his next victim. All just IMO, JMO, etc. Whatever the case, he needs to be found....NOW.

hollyblue, imo, his primary motive is the terrorizing of the community. His victims are many...

I am sure NG will have this on tonight and probably an aunt or uncle of Jessica, and she will ask that awfull question like she always does- "How did you feel when you heard that your neice had been found....". I HATE it when victims family are asked that question. How the eff do you THINK they felt???

grr. Sorry to be OT.

I wish the LE officials had ended the presser by looking directly into the camera and addressing the killer...we are looking for you day and night....eventually we will find you. Until then there is no place you can hide, no place you can go without looking over your shoulder...We will not stop looking for you...

JMO

abbie

I'm with you, Abbie! Even if I had a TV and cable, I wouldn't watch NG because I get so mad. <hissing and making the sign of the cross>

I get the feeling that LE is really being careful in what they say and how they say it. I'm guessing that at this point, what you suggested is exactly what every LE officer wants to say to the perp but they are holding off because for whatever reason, they do not feel it would good.

I can think of one reason off the top of my head: LE may feel that if they throw down like that, the perp may be inspired to snatch another person as a sick way of showing LE that they can't challenge him.

Snatching another child would probably lead to the perp's apprehension but that's not a price anyone is willing to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member