CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Twitter Question:
Has anyone else looked in the last several minutes at the hashtag #jessicaridgeway on twitter?

Take a good look. Read what is being posted. I'm noticing something bizzare and I'm not a regular twitter user at all so I don't know but I don't think this is normal!!

A *lot* of what seem to be spoof accounts or hacked accounts are posting what I believe are links etc to adult entertainment / *advertiser censored* stuff. I'm suspicious because when you read the posts, the pics in the profile are ladies in lingerie etc... and seem to be squeezing their *advertiser censored*... etc...

I'll give you an example:
Judy Houston ‏@JudyHouston8

#jessicaridgeway I wonder if the works - http://bit.ly/SQVRvc
I'm not clicking on the link provided in the tweet -- I'm nervous what the hell it will take me to! I can't report it to twitter - no idea how - but noticing a LOT of similar ones popping up!
NOTE TO MODS:
if that tweet etc wasn't allowed, pls delete I wasn't sure, but wanted to draw attention to it.

As soon as a hash tag hits the top 100 or so, it attracts a lot of spam. It is what it is, pay it no mind. twitter is a different universe than here, or Facebook even. no Mods. you can alert a post as spam but it really doesn't matter, they have thousands of profiles they can just move on to the next one and spam all over again. Just learn to recognize it and move on. better yet, follow all the accounts that interest you and don't just follow the hashtag.

This is so horrifying! My prayers for poor Jessica and hoping her family will find strength to get through this bad time. As a parent of a 9 year old child, this news has hit me hard. How do we teach our children to be independent when there are these monsters out there? I always watch my child and never let him go anywhere on his own. I'm going to continue doing that for years to come. But how is he going to learn to take care of himself later in life after I've watched over him for so long? I remember going to and from school, across fields, in the snow, and on my own when I was my childs age. Times have changed so much.

Mods... you might want to update the feature story on the main page when you go to Websleuths.com. Sadly. :(

That map on KDVR's Facebook, how many residences are there in the middle where the 3 points meet up to form a triangle? I am not a local but that could be crucial in who did this. They might be there.

Those break in/assaults/murders are so creepy. As well as Sarah Skiba and Tracey Neef cases. I'm addicted to watching the ID channel and it really opens your eyes to how many serial killers are out there that don't get the attention.

Quoting myself, sorry. Sarah Skiba is also in Westminster? She looks a lot like Jessica.

Thank you for the profile file.But,You know,Melissa Huckaby the killer of little Sandra Cantu injected herself right into her case.

May I please ask who the person was that found and turned in her back pack?

the backpack was left on the edge of the grass/on the sidewalk. The homeowner found the backpack and after realizing it belonged to a missing child, called LE.

I live in Superior , CO, so this event has hit very close to home for me. I apologize in advance for being long-winded...if anyone has any questions about the suburban NW Denver-Boulder area, I am happy to answer as best I can.

I wanted to add my interpretations based upon my observations and my knowledge of the area...I have no experience in law enforcement, psychology or any other relevant professional field. Now that the focus shifts from locating Jessica, to bringing her killer to justice, I wanted to add my impressions on what may be a profile of this person.

I'm sure most of you have already viewed the area via Google (or otherwise), but the location where the backpack was dropped is not exactly an easy place to reach by accident. I believe it's more likely that the backpack was dropped at a pre-determined location and that the person who dropped the backpack was familiar with this location in some sense. He or she may not live in the immediate neighborhood, but would have had cause to visit this area (perhaps to visit family or friends, or making a service call.)

In short, this isn't a place you find if you're not looking for it. Perhaps the person simply selected a random neighborhood, turned in and dropped the pack out of a window, but I find this hard to believe. I walk my dog in this area regularly and there is an outlet from the neighborhood to the trail which runs adjacent to McCaslin Blvd and connects to large areas of Open Space to the immediate west and south of this location.

I am not as familiar with the location where Jessica's body was found; however, I have driven by over the years and I am generally familiar with the terrain. The area is outside of contiguous suburban Arvada and peppered with trails and Open Space. I'm not sure what, if anything, was found yesterday in the search near Standley Lake, but areas of "Open Space" seem to be a recurring theme.

I get the sense that the perpetrator was intimately familiar with the location where Jessica’s body has been found, and may have even "scouted" the location for suitability - very likely on foot. I would not be surprised if this person has a close connection to the outdoors - either by trade or by hobby. I believe this person will be someone who has spent a great deal of time hiking, biking, or otherwise exploring the open spaces adjacent and approximate to Indiana Street. I believe it is likely that this person also lives somewhere in this area.

I do not get the impression that there was a calculated attempt to conceal the body. I posit that the killer's personal connection to and comfort with the areas (both the backpack drop and the body) was more important than finding a remote location to conceal evidence. As many others have suggested, there are vast areas of remote wilderness within a short drive of these locations, not to mention the backpack left in plain sight. I would not be surprised if both the backpack and body were transported a significant distance by foot as opposed to vehicle - I think there is a strong possibility that the killer “hiked” in to both locations from a considerable distance in order to avoid detection.

I would guess that this person most likely currently lives alone - not in order to avoid detection of psychopathic behavior, but due to the sociopathic, anti-social behavior which is likely a key component of the perpetrator's personality. For some reason, I don’t feel this killer fits the “live-in-parents’- basement” stereotype and has probably had what most would considerable “normal” intimate relationships with adult members of the opposite sex.

They may have recently been fired, lost a friend or family member or gone through a divorce/breakup. I would guess that the killer is most likely a male between 35 and 45 years old, of above average intelligence (and may even be considered very intelligent by acquaintances), but suffers from delusions of grandeur in terms of intelligence and may feel slighted by his "lot" in life or that he is destined for a life somehow “greater” than his own.

I get the impression that while this person might be considered criminally "sophisticated" - they probably have not acted upon previous psychopathic urges or fantasies. However, their sociopathic nature likely would have manifest itself in other ways that close friends, family or work acquaintances would have noticed...isolation/anti-social behavior, perhaps extreme political views or other bizarre, macabre statements. I would not be surprised to see incidents of misdemeanor criminal activity in this person’s past, but nothing approaching sexual offenses, abduction or murder.

I would guess that his/her behavior has been noticeably erratic in the days following Jessica's appearance. This behavior could drive the killer to act become homicidal again or to make contact with LE in some fashion. This behavior may arise from a lust for power, or out of fear of the unknown...contacting or taunting police creates media attention and increases the killer's access to knowledge regarding LE's investigation. I feel it will be extremely difficult for this person to remain in the status quo.

Despite his/her bold behavior with regard to disposal of evidence and seemingly taunting LE, it seems that this person has also been extremely calculating in their methodology. I do not get the impression that they actually want to be caught..but there is something about interacting with LE/MSM that brings them comfort, pleasure or both.

Again, I don't have any expertise so I apologize to anyone who may have wasted 10 minutes on my rampant speculation, but as someone who lives in the area I thought I would offer my perspective based on my knowledge of the area, general impressions and a couple dozen episodes of Criminal Minds! :blushing:

MisterMayor, would you mind contacting me? I am co-owner of Websleuths. My email is tgrif@xmission.com

I honestly don't think it should just be Colorado on alert.

If this guy is as smart as he thinks he is, he may have already left the area.
I think that especially the bordering states should be aware as well. :twocents:

It's odd because I don't generally get concerned when a case like this happens in my own area.
Maybe because they are usually arrested quickly?

Either way I am definitely a bit more on edge... checking doors, dogs, alarms, outside lights... just to make SURE.

I also think it's possible he's done this before... but the body wasn't found so he didn't get the credit.
The bold nature of Jessica's crime does not exclude the possibility that he's done it before in a different way.

...my niece was extremely uncomfortable, but since it was a neighbor, she didn't want to be rude...

Respectfully snipped... I'm a terrible advice-giver on family situations!

Regarding your niece though, and a guy invading her space and her not wanting to be rude: we've all got to teach our daughters/nieces/godchildren/female students/girlfriends, etc... it's perfectly okay to set boundaries and limits when males violate our boundaries. Being assertive does not have to be rude, and it is not rude to be assertive. It's perfectly okay for her to keep walking ("Hey how's it going... no time to chat today, have to keep a good pace to exercise the dog!"), and it's perfectly okay to request that he not put his hat on her head. Hell, she could make a joke about "cooties"... and then hightail it out of there. His opinions about her matter less than her personal integrity and safety.

I'm not saying the neighbor is a creeper, because maybe he's just clueless, but one thing that true creepers rely on is our silence, our fear of being "rude", our willingness to be helpful, our not wanting to create awkwardness and particularly, our willingness to accommodate behavior that is uncomfortable to us because the larger culture teaches us not to rock the boat. We're more fearful of creepy strangers than the creepers we are familiar with, but don't want to come across as uppity.

I don't want to distract from this thread, anymore then I already have, with my sister/niece walking the dog problem. You all have given some great advice thus far, and I know you may have more so please don't hesitate to contact me via PM with any other suggestions. I may have to start a basement thread on this. I have totally been at a loss.
In fact, though, air horns/pepper spray attached to the leash/ dog walking friends/groups are great ideas I never thought of and ideas that can be heeded by any dog walkers and dog walking children, day or night, out there. I thank you and again, I apologize for the distraction! This has been bothersome to me.

Can anyone think of a MURDER investigation that had 100+ LE working it? I have seen that many for missing person investigations, but not for a murder. I think LE is pretty certain he will strike again very soon.

ETA: I don't think you would need 100+ officers if you had a suspect in mind.

Did you guys just see all the red evidence flags and spray paint on JVM? They are every where, even out on the road. WTH??

When LE processes a scene, they spot and flag or spray paint anything that may be evidence. At a conference that I attended back in the early 1980s a forensic expert (I wish I could recall his name because he was a great presenter, very dynamic, very funny and his points were memorable) told LE officers that if they find at the closure of a case that 95% of evidence collected at an outdoor scene was not relevant to that case, then they would know they were doing a good job processing the scene.

It's better to flag or collect every tiny thing than it would be to miss something because it just seemed like it wouldn't matter.

Quoting myself, sorry. Sarah Skiba is also in Westminster? She looks a lot like Jessica.

I read the details of Sarah Skiba's disappearance on The Charley Project. It appears she was with her father & father's co-worker when they all disappeared. Later findings indicated to all being deceased & the theory was the perps were after Sarah's father.

We still have the 2 missing cousins here in Iowa. They have been missing since July. I'm not implying the cases are connected, it's probably unlikely.

It has made me think about all the unsolved missing children cases though. If this monster who killed Jessica has done this before, he just wasn't caught. Maybe he wanted that recognition. It's what he's gotten from this case.

Total speculation & JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member