CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is Baby Hope?

I found all the cases on the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI)'s website. There is no info about the Baby Hope case, except that she was a 10-year-old Caucasian female found murdered on August 23, 2006 in Pueblo, CO.

I am very confused about whether's she's an unidentified victim or not. Her case is NOT in the Unidentified section. But the fact that they call her "Baby Hope" (sounds like a Jane Doe name) and her birthday of August 23, 1996 (same day as her death) makes me think she might be.

Wait....

But according to this: http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase453.html

She was a baby found dead in August 1996. So it looks like the CBI just messed up. Big difference between a 10-year-old murder victim, and an unidentified baby. Ugh.

https://www.colorado.gov/apps/coldcase/index.html

https://www.colorado.gov/apps/coldcase/casedetail.html?id=1520

Question, the body was in pieces? Or am I misunderstanding? We're any pieces missing & if so has that been made public yet? Out of the other missing children from the surrounding state, have any other children's bodies (specifically prepubescent girls) been found in this same manner?

To leave her backpack miles away is a taunt. What did that signify?

God I despise what our world is becoming. Sooo much!

Pease be with you Jessica darling. Deepest sympathies to her loved ones.

LE says Jessicas body was not intact, some Media outlets say dismembered, .....

While it appears the killer may have been meticulous enough to have carried the body a considerable location to the location where it was found, maybe it's more likely it was left pretty close to the road because he wanted to get the body dumped and get out of there ASAP before someone saw his vehicle parked there on the shoulder.

The distance from the road could have been the perp's perceived equilibrium point of taking the body as far away from the road as possible without staying too long.

I live in Superior , CO, so this event has hit very close to home for me. I apologize in advance for being long-winded...if anyone has any questions about the suburban NW Denver-Boulder area, I am happy to answer as best I can.

I wanted to add my interpretations based upon my observations and my knowledge of the area...I have no experience in law enforcement, psychology or any other relevant professional field. Now that the focus shifts from locating Jessica, to bringing her killer to justice, I wanted to add my impressions on what may be a profile of this person.

I'm sure most of you have already viewed the area via Google (or otherwise), but the location where the backpack was dropped is not exactly an easy place to reach by accident. I believe it's more likely that the backpack was dropped at a pre-determined location and that the person who dropped the backpack was familiar with this location in some sense. He or she may not live in the immediate neighborhood, but would have had cause to visit this area (perhaps to visit family or friends, or making a service call.)

In short, this isn't a place you find if you're not looking for it. Perhaps the person simply selected a random neighborhood, turned in and dropped the pack out of a window, but I find this hard to believe. I walk my dog in this area regularly and there is an outlet from the neighborhood to the trail which runs adjacent to McCaslin Blvd and connects to large areas of Open Space to the immediate west and south of this location.

I am not as familiar with the location where Jessica's body was found; however, I have driven by over the years and I am generally familiar with the terrain. The area is outside of contiguous suburban Arvada and peppered with trails and Open Space. I'm not sure what, if anything, was found yesterday in the search near Standley Lake, but areas of "Open Space" seem to be a recurring theme.

I get the sense that the perpetrator was intimately familiar with the location where Jessica’s body has been found, and may have even "scouted" the location for suitability - very likely on foot. I would not be surprised if this person has a close connection to the outdoors - either by trade or by hobby. I believe this person will be someone who has spent a great deal of time hiking, biking, or otherwise exploring the open spaces adjacent and approximate to Indiana Street. I believe it is likely that this person also lives somewhere in this area.

I do not get the impression that there was a calculated attempt to conceal the body. I posit that the killer's personal connection to and comfort with the areas (both the backpack drop and the body) was more important than finding a remote location to conceal evidence. As many others have suggested, there are vast areas of remote wilderness within a short drive of these locations, not to mention the backpack left in plain sight. I would not be surprised if both the backpack and body were transported a significant distance by foot as opposed to vehicle - I think there is a strong possibility that the killer “hiked” in to both locations from a considerable distance in order to avoid detection.

I would guess that this person most likely currently lives alone - not in order to avoid detection of psychopathic behavior, but due to the sociopathic, anti-social behavior which is likely a key component of the perpetrator's personality. For some reason, I don’t feel this killer fits the “live-in-parents’- basement” stereotype and has probably had what most would considerable “normal” intimate relationships with adult members of the opposite sex.

They may have recently been fired, lost a friend or family member or gone through a divorce/breakup. I would guess that the killer is most likely a male between 35 and 45 years old, of above average intelligence (and may even be considered very intelligent by acquaintances), but suffers from delusions of grandeur in terms of intelligence and may feel slighted by his "lot" in life or that he is destined for a life somehow “greater” than his own.

I get the impression that while this person might be considered criminally "sophisticated" - they probably have not acted upon previous psychopathic urges or fantasies. However, their sociopathic nature likely would have manifest itself in other ways that close friends, family or work acquaintances would have noticed...isolation/anti-social behavior, perhaps extreme political views or other bizarre, macabre statements. I would not be surprised to see incidents of misdemeanor criminal activity in this person’s past, but nothing approaching sexual offenses, abduction or murder.

I would guess that his/her behavior has been noticeably erratic in the days following Jessica's appearance. This behavior could drive the killer to act become homicidal again or to make contact with LE in some fashion. This behavior may arise from a lust for power, or out of fear of the unknown...contacting or taunting police creates media attention and increases the killer's access to knowledge regarding LE's investigation. I feel it will be extremely difficult for this person to remain in the status quo.

Despite his/her bold behavior with regard to disposal of evidence and seemingly taunting LE, it seems that this person has also been extremely calculating in their methodology. I do not get the impression that they actually want to be caught..but there is something about interacting with LE/MSM that brings them comfort, pleasure or both.

Again, I don't have any expertise so I apologize to anyone who may have wasted 10 minutes on my rampant speculation, but as someone who lives in the area I thought I would offer my perspective based on my knowledge of the area, general impressions and a couple dozen episodes of Criminal Minds! :blushing:

Do you believe this person personally knows Jessica's family?
I read something interesting about an acquaintance of one of the family members, unless it's another person of the same name, that might fit your description. A somewhat radical minded person.

That's why I was puzzling this out MsF.

If he is the reason that her body was found "not intact" then I would assume he had time to spend after the initial crime was commited and she had been murdered.

So if he was the reason----then that means he had time and a place that was private in order to commit the initial crime---and to make sure her remains were not intact ---if he's the one that did do that.

So if he had time to plan for that---why not plan disposal too? Just pondering.

JMHO

My guess would be that in some way, disposing of Jessica's remains in this way serves some internal need of the perpetrator.

He might be sadistic and get jollies from feeling like he has the power to make people afraid (DC Snipers).

He might be panicky and trying to mislead LE because of his fear of being apprehended (somewhat like Mark Hacking).

He might be really stupid and think that all this will be too confusing for LE to figure out (too many criminals to name!).

Whew. Finally made it to the end....

RIP Jessica.

As the single Mom to a teen (14) boy, my heart goes out to Jessica's Mom. I absolutely CANNOT fathom what she is going through (or the rest of the family). My father was murdered when I was a young teen and that was horrific enough - but to have your CHILD snatched and destroyed is beyond thinkable.

Thanks JustBeachy - I have already set up the Android app you mentioned earlier in this thread (life360?). Now all I have to do is get my boy to actually carry his phone WITH him (he doesn't think his phone is "cool" enough.....and leaves it at home a lot during the school week...grrr)

Thank you all for ALL you do....this place is full of amazing humans.

P.S. can someone bump up the candle website for Jessica?

That's connecting to the Cody WY deal that I heard was dismissed from WS people. Hm....

I don't necessarily think they mean that it's connected to this case. I think they are aware that people are hyper-vigilant right now and they want these criminals caught also.

I really didn't get the sense that the killer wanted the body to be hard to find, nor did I get the sense that whatever he did to it was done to prevent identification. And I have the sense that he plans on leaving more, or has already left more, to be discovered elsewhere.

Yes another poster, Firefox?, and/or the PI, Bill Warner, has been educating about this much needed unification system to help catch criminals throughout the nation and even abroad. The local police departments have to be willing to participate and use the system by entering information and whatever else is required. Why any police department wouldn't cooperate, I really don't know.

In Jessica's case, I get the feeling they are sure the perp is local. :waitasec:

Ann Rule, who helped come up with the system, says that the main problem is lack of manpower/overworked LE agencies; lack of education is also a factor.

In this time of budget crunches, many smaller PDs just don't have the money or time to send officers out of town for continuing education and they don't have enough personnel to file the required information and still get everything else done as well.

I'm thinking maybe possibly her back pack wasn't planted by her abductor and killer.That maybe she was lured to his car and maybe lured to his or someones house and her back pack actually came out or dropped out of a car or set down by her or someone else in the neighborhood her back pack was found.Like Jarred Harell lured Somer Thompson.

I am just gutted... This poor precious little angel. I hope and pray that she did not suffer.

RIP, Jessica. May you fly with the angels. I am so very sorry that this happened to you. :(

Westminster Police‏@WestminsterPD

The Ridgeway family will not be making a statement. They are devastated and ask that you respect their privacy. #jessicaridgeway

peedoffinny, this is an excellent profile of the unknown demonic predator in Jessica Ridgeway's tragic murder, imo.. Thanx for sharing.

Seems fitting of many evil demonic predators prior specifically Richard Ramirez; night stalker.. analogous to a tight fitting glove..

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1679512/posts

Court Upholds 'Night Stalker' Death Sentence (Richard Ramirez Accused Of Killing 13 In Mid-1980s)

"It's nothing you'd understand, but I do have something to say. In fact, I have a lot to say, but now is not the time or place. I don't know why I'm wasting my time or breath. But what the hell? As for what is said of my life, there have been lies in the past and there will be lies in the future.

I don't believe in the hypocritical, moralistic dogma of this so-called civilized society. I need not look beyond this room to see all the liars, hater, the killers, the crooks, the paranoid cowards--truly trematodes of the Earth, each one in his own legal profession.

You maggots make me sick-- hypocrites one and all. And no one knows that better than those who kill for policy, clandestinely or openly, as do the governments of the world, which kill in the name of God and country or for whatever reason the deem appropriate.
I don't need to hear all of society's rationalizations, I've heard them all before and the fact remains that what is, is.

You don't understand me. You are not expected to. You are not capable of it. I am beyond your experience. I am beyond good and evil, Legions of the night--night breed--repeat not the errors of the Night Prowler and show no mercy.

I will be avenged. Lucifer dwells within us all. That's it"..
Richard Ramirez's statement before he received the death sentence by gas chamber at his San Diego, CA trial..
After his sentencing, Ramirez rocked back and forth and turned to grin at the families in the courtroom...

And Richard Gere doesn't believe evil exists. Just thought I throw this bit of info in as it's been bothering me ever since I heard Oprah's interview with him. :what: Stick to acting please.

God says there's Good and Evil. How can people deny this fact? It really bugs me because it doesn't help anybody to go around believing that evil does not exist.

Watching a repeat of JVM from earlier this eve. My husband and I both listened intently to what the neighbor across the street from Jessica's house said. She said Jessica's house is about a block and a half to Kirby Street and Kirby Park, and that you can see it from their houses. So, I'm bringing this up again....why has all the discussion centered around Chelsea Park?

so sad right now :( my heart sank when i didnt see her name on the missing list anymore... i knew i'd find her here, with the label we all hoped she wouldn't have next to her name. rest in peace sweet girl <3

This has been such a sad story to follow.

My guess/theory is that the perpetrator is someone who lives close Jessica's home. Maybe not right on her street, but very close. While it could be someone with a history or a record, I tend to doubt that right now. His actions don't sound like what someone with 'experience' would do. My gut feeling is that it's somebody no one would suspect who did this impulsively, finally acting on something he's thought about doing for a while. The opportunity presented itself, and he acted. After the fact he faced the problem of disposal, and figured that he'd delay or prevent getting caught by scattering poor Jessica's body and other evidence in different places. He couldn't go too far away because his absence might be noticed if he was gone too long, but it had to be out of the neighborhood to shift the focus elsewhere. That's all just my guesswork at this point.

Has LE said how long the body had been there?

The backpack is left to be found. The remains in a relatively barren area where it could be found. Possibly dismembered. If this is a first kill, this guy might be going on a frenzy. His actions are very bold if this is a local and first time murderer. I think LE knows he will definitely strike again.

Not trying to put the focus on myself right now...but my sister lets her 12 year old daughter walk their dog alone. I have already gotten into a huge fight with my sister about this...and my niece does feel uncomfortable when she has to do so, especially at night. My niece came to me about it and I of course took her side, thus the fight.
I don't know what to do...I am more worried about this then ever!!
My niece even had a male neighbor come up to her at one point..at night and he got close enough to take his hat off his head and put it on hers...my niece was extremely uncomfortable, but since it was a neighbor, she didn't want to be rude...My niece text me and I got involved...it did NOT go over well with my sister. I had to back off...but how the heck to I get it through my sisters head that it is not safe, and cruel of her to make my niece feel so unsafe? I mean how do I do it without ruining my otherwise great relationship with my sister?
Felt the need to share this predicament.

This is one of those times when I think that being her sister is probably counter-productive. Kinda in the same way that a sister is often the worst person to tell a woman "your fiance is a lying, cheating piece of work."

I suggest telling your niece to tell her teacher or a trusted adult at her school about the situation and how anxious it makes her feel so that she can brainstorm with someone who knows her what her options are.

My father in-law's house is on the other side of the block and he said the LE are doing a thorough search of the houses. His house was one of those 500 searched, he has a security system but unfortunately hadn't hooked his cameras up yet.

Is LE offering search warrants with the searches or are they voluntary? Just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member