CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me of little Somer Thompsons story alot.Do they have a suspect or person of interest in mind right now? Did they do a FBI or a profile on her killer or abductor? Does any one please have a link to it?

552355_10151345307009305_860441488_n.jpg

Twitter Question:
Has anyone else looked in the last several minutes at the hashtag #jessicaridgeway on twitter?

Take a good look. Read what is being posted. I'm noticing something bizzare and I'm not a regular twitter user at all so I don't know but I don't think this is normal!!

A *lot* of what seem to be spoof accounts or hacked accounts are posting what I believe are links etc to adult entertainment / *advertiser censored* stuff. I'm suspicious because when you read the posts, the pics in the profile are ladies in lingerie etc... and seem to be squeezing their *advertiser censored*... etc...

I'll give you an example:
Judy Houston ‏@JudyHouston8

#jessicaridgeway I wonder if the works - http://bit.ly/SQVRvc
I'm not clicking on the link provided in the tweet -- I'm nervous what the hell it will take me to! I can't report it to twitter - no idea how - but noticing a LOT of similar ones popping up!
NOTE TO MODS:
if that tweet etc wasn't allowed, pls delete I wasn't sure, but wanted to draw attention to it.

My father in-law's house is on the other side of the block and he said the LE are doing a thorough search of the houses. His house was one of those 500 searched, he has a security system but unfortunately hadn't hooked his cameras up yet.

These are ALL unsolved murders in Colorado of girls age 5-12:

Melanie Sturm
Melissa Bennett
Cherelle Morehouse
Sarah Skiba
JonBenet Ramsey
Tracey Neef
Baby Hope

Post may be graphic, my apologies.

Most of the cases I can remember off the top of my head where children were dismembered it was in an effort to hide the body and make it easier to dispose of. The case of my friend Jimmy Ryce comes to mind, as well as Zarha Baker and Leiby Kletzky. I know I am missing some.

When I think of dismembered bodies out in the open I think of cases like the Black Dahlia and the Mexican Cartels (no I do not think they are involved). I think of someone who wants this to be found.

I don't necessarily think of a delay in ID being the reason. And what good does a stall in identification do? How would that help the perp? Usually that would help someone if the person being ID'd isn't known to be missing because then they would come looking for that persons known acquaintances. A delay in ID doesn't really help the perp in this case.

I can understand hands because there could be skin under the fingernails.

These are just ramblings by me, I'd appreciate some input.

I'm having a hard time putting my thoughts into words...This case has literally just rocked me to my core. I can't believe that it was just a week ago that the Amber Alert went out for her. I cannot believe that sweet little girl we have all come to know and love is lying in morgue somewhere, in pieces. When I first saw her picture last week I said she reminded me of Aliahna Lemmon. I had no idea how ominous that comparison would end up being :(

My heart breaks so much for the community, and for her family, and of course for Jessica's dad. But more than anything, for mother, because I'm a single mother of a little girl too, also my only child. Watching this horrible story unfold just reminded me that, God forbid if anything happened to her, it would literally end my entire world. I don't have a significant other to lean on for support, no other children who I could watch grow up.

Losing a child is awful no matter what, losing a child in this manner is unthinkable, but what Sarah Ridgeway is living through right now is a hell I cannot even imagine.

Fly with the angels Jessica. Those of us here on earth will make sure you get justice.

Twitter Question:
Has anyone else looked in the last several minutes at the hashtag #jessicaridgeway on twitter?

Take a good look. Read what is being posted. I'm noticing something bizzare and I'm not a regular twitter user at all so I don't know but I don't think this is normal!!

A *lot* of what seem to be spoof accounts or hacked accounts are posting what I believe are links etc to adult entertainment / *advertiser censored* stuff. I'm suspicious because when you read the posts, the pics in the profile are ladies in lingerie etc... and seem to be squeezing their *advertiser censored*... etc...

Alot of sickos come out when there are alot of tweets on a certain subject.

Be careful clicking on those links, cold be a virus.

On twitter I've noticed the *advertiser censored* sites links on quite a few missing children cases. They all come out of the woodwork to be noticed. Wish they could catch & remove them.

this monster will be caught! I have faith that he goofed up!
Everyone is looking and know the 'signs'to look for.
Like behavor. Cutting hair. Shaving beard or growing one. JMOO

I live in Superior , CO, so this event has hit very close to home for me. I apologize in advance for being long-winded...if anyone has any questions about the suburban NW Denver-Boulder area, I am happy to answer as best I can.

I wanted to add my interpretations based upon my observations and my knowledge of the area...I have no experience in law enforcement, psychology or any other relevant professional field. Now that the focus shifts from locating Jessica, to bringing her killer to justice, I wanted to add my impressions on what may be a profile of this person.

I'm sure most of you have already viewed the area via Google (or otherwise), but the location where the backpack was dropped is not exactly an easy place to reach by accident. I believe it's more likely that the backpack was dropped at a pre-determined location and that the person who dropped the backpack was familiar with this location in some sense. He or she may not live in the immediate neighborhood, but would have had cause to visit this area (perhaps to visit family or friends, or making a service call.)

In short, this isn't a place you find if you're not looking for it. Perhaps the person simply selected a random neighborhood, turned in and dropped the pack out of a window, but I find this hard to believe. I walk my dog in this area regularly and there is an outlet from the neighborhood to the trail which runs adjacent to McCaslin Blvd and connects to large areas of Open Space to the immediate west and south of this location.

I am not as familiar with the location where Jessica's body was found; however, I have driven by over the years and I am generally familiar with the terrain. The area is outside of contiguous suburban Arvada and peppered with trails and Open Space. I'm not sure what, if anything, was found yesterday in the search near Standley Lake, but areas of "Open Space" seem to be a recurring theme.

I get the sense that the perpetrator was intimately familiar with the location where Jessica’s body has been found, and may have even "scouted" the location for suitability - very likely on foot. I would not be surprised if this person has a close connection to the outdoors - either by trade or by hobby. I believe this person will be someone who has spent a great deal of time hiking, biking, or otherwise exploring the open spaces adjacent and approximate to Indiana Street. I believe it is likely that this person also lives somewhere in this area.

I do not get the impression that there was a calculated attempt to conceal the body. I posit that the killer's personal connection to and comfort with the areas (both the backpack drop and the body) was more important than finding a remote location to conceal evidence. As many others have suggested, there are vast areas of remote wilderness within a short drive of these locations, not to mention the backpack left in plain sight. I would not be surprised if both the backpack and body were transported a significant distance by foot as opposed to vehicle - I think there is a strong possibility that the killer “hiked” in to both locations from a considerable distance in order to avoid detection.

I would guess that this person most likely currently lives alone - not in order to avoid detection of psychopathic behavior, but due to the sociopathic, anti-social behavior which is likely a key component of the perpetrator's personality. For some reason, I don’t feel this killer fits the “live-in-parents’- basement” stereotype and has probably had what most would considerable “normal” intimate relationships with adult members of the opposite sex.

They may have recently been fired, lost a friend or family member or gone through a divorce/breakup. I would guess that the killer is most likely a male between 35 and 45 years old, of above average intelligence (and may even be considered very intelligent by acquaintances), but suffers from delusions of grandeur in terms of intelligence and may feel slighted by his "lot" in life or that he is destined for a life somehow “greater” than his own.

I get the impression that while this person might be considered criminally "sophisticated" - they probably have not acted upon previous psychopathic urges or fantasies. However, their sociopathic nature likely would have manifest itself in other ways that close friends, family or work acquaintances would have noticed...isolation/anti-social behavior, perhaps extreme political views or other bizarre, macabre statements. I would not be surprised to see incidents of misdemeanor criminal activity in this person’s past, but nothing approaching sexual offenses, abduction or murder.

I would guess that his/her behavior has been noticeably erratic in the days following Jessica's appearance. This behavior could drive the killer to act become homicidal again or to make contact with LE in some fashion. This behavior may arise from a lust for power, or out of fear of the unknown...contacting or taunting police creates media attention and increases the killer's access to knowledge regarding LE's investigation. I feel it will be extremely difficult for this person to remain in the status quo.

Despite his/her bold behavior with regard to disposal of evidence and seemingly taunting LE, it seems that this person has also been extremely calculating in their methodology. I do not get the impression that they actually want to be caught..but there is something about interacting with LE/MSM that brings them comfort, pleasure or both.

Again, I don't have any expertise so I apologize to anyone who may have wasted 10 minutes on my rampant speculation, but as someone who lives in the area I thought I would offer my perspective based on my knowledge of the area, general impressions and a couple dozen episodes of Criminal Minds! :blushing:

May I please ask who the person was that found and turned in her back pack?

Join me tonight on he Levi Page SpreeCast. We will discuss the tragic case of Jessica Ridgeway. 10 PM EASTERN TONIGHT

CLICK HERE TO WATCH

Please feel free to repost this anywhere.

````````````````````````

Oh no. :( I am so sad and sick to read this tonight. I guess it's not a shock, but it still is somehow. My heart goes out to her loved ones and to all the people who are now so afraid just to leave their homes.

I apologize in advance, I've been reading along but just finished finals in two classes this morning so I haven't posted until today for Jessica.

I probably missed the maps by members here but looking at the map here:

http://www.facebook.com/fox31denver...8331599.-2207520000.1350085714&type=1&theater

(I uploaded it for members that might not be able to access it through that link)

How do you get from her home to body found? Did anyone figure out directions and how difficult it would be or etc?

Thanks for filling me in!

The body found marker is in the wrong place. It should be south of Colorado 72 instead of north.

:welcome3:

:welcome5:

Join us guests!!! It takes 2 minutes to join!!

Twitter Question:

I'll give you an example:
Judy Houston ‏@JudyHouston8

#jessicaridgeway I wonder if the works - http://bit.ly/SQVRvc
I'm not clicking on the link provided in the tweet -- I'm nervous what the hell it will take me to! I can't report it to twitter - no idea how - but noticing a LOT of similar ones popping up!
NOTE TO MODS:
if that tweet etc wasn't allowed, pls delete I wasn't sure, but wanted to draw attention to it.

Hate to say it, but a lot of that is actually advertisers spam, using Jessica's hashtag because it's trending. Burns me right up :furious:

I had been away from computer all day (yard work, aarrgghh) today and I kept telling myself I needed to come in and check on this case.

I was hoping this was not going to be the news, but knew it was some "young person".
So sad and heartbroken that is was a child.
I pray for Jessica's family and all in the community.

R.I.P. Jessica

welcome to websleuths mistermayor! :cheer:

that was a very insightful post! Thank you for sharing all that info

BBM ~ A thought just occurred to me, maybe they want the perp to be aware of and be sure that he understands that they are capable of using the FBI's nationwide system.

Of course they're using ViCAP. For a crime this horrific they would be remiss if they didn't. I'm sure the reason they didn't confirm it was to prevent any more questions regarding whether they have found any crimes that match this one or any criminals with this particular MO.

These are ALL unsolved murders in Colorado of girls age 5-12:

Melanie Sturm
Melissa Bennett
Cherelle Morehouse
Sarah Skiba
JonBenet Ramsey
Tracey Neef
Baby Hope

Those break in/assaults/murders are so creepy. As well as Sarah Skiba and Tracey Neef cases. I'm addicted to watching the ID channel and it really opens your eyes to how many serial killers are out there that don't get the attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz