CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You should write books. Or TV episodes. It might help. ;)

I've probably read a few thousand mystery books, maybe more, and I've seen every episode of Crimial Minds, CSI (and most of it's off-shoots), Sherlock Holmes, Alfred Hitchcock, Murder She Wrote, Charlie Chan, Quincy and who knows how many other shows about murders and mysteries (until I got rid of my tv.) I don't like that I can always figure out who done it long before you're supposed to. I once watched a show and within the first minute I had told my son who was going to get killed, who was going to get blamed for it and who was really going to do it. I couldn't believe I was right about all 3 (I really had no idea, I was just kidding because he asked me right away who did it.) Unfortunately, my mind seems to follow the same logic that mystery writers follow, but that doesn't help much when you're dealing with real psychos.

well if that isn't a big message I don't know what is! Who ever did this: they are coming for you.

This brought tears to my eyes, especially all the purple in the room. Oh I hope they nail that --- -- - -----!:furious:

:scared:

Just had to call 911 because DD and I are home alone and there was a vehicle slowly driving by our house multiple times parking at various spots along the way. The driver even turned around 3 times to case our street. Our doberman was going crazy.

UGH. I can't wait for DH to be home.

Get your gun out Surfie, TX has castle domain law.

That command center is impressive.

saw this:

DNA was used to identify her.

http://www.ksla.com/story/19808209/body-confirmed-as-belonging-to-missing-jessica-ridgeway

Posted: Oct 12, 2012 11:28 AM Updated: Oct 12, 2012 3:29 PM

I'm curious, what indications do you see that he was rushed in the end?
Thanks.

If the removal of body parts was to deprive police of dental records and prints, as opposed to sheer sadism, he was putting forth effort to conceal evidence.

I'm guessing he didn't really want her to be found as quickly if she was. If he would have wanted her to be found, he could have just left the bag on the yellow stripe in the middle of the road and continued driving. But he took the time and the additional risk of being seen by parking the car and crossing the fence. I really think the perp would have liked to have done a better job of hiding evidence, but he didn't have time to sit around, sip on a cup of coffee, and wait for a better idea.

I don't think his work ethic is limited, and I don't think he has a below average IQ. I just think he didn't have time to do any better. And leaving the bag where he did makes it appear there was no planning, which makes the perp's decision to commit the crime appear to have been an impulsive decision. It looks like someone just doing it. Just winging it. Trying his absolute best and wracking every last brain cell to decide what to do next, but struggling due to a lack of planning beforehand and a lack of time afterward. I think he just ran out of time. When he was crossing the fence or crawling under it with that bag, I imagine he wished he had more time to not have to resort to such desperation.

:scared:

Just had to call 911 because DD and I are home alone and there was a vehicle slowly driving by our house multiple times parking at various spots along the way. The driver even turned around 3 times to case our street. Our doberman was going crazy.

UGH. I can't wait for DH to be home.

If it makes you feel any better at all, my dog runs out in the woods away from home a lot, and I drive slow down streets in my area multiple times looking for her. Maybe that is the case. Just trying to make you feel better and give you a possible scenario, not to say you still shouldn't be really careful.

Jessica
My sweet old pup just passed away,and she's gonna need a little girl just like you to walk her and take good care of her.
Another beautiful angel...

GateKeeper

Omg what a precious post! I am so sorry for your little dog's passing...they are members of our families.

Jessica
My sweet old pup just passed away,and she's gonna need a little girl just like you to walk her and take good care of her.
Another beautiful angel...

GateKeeper

Oh - so sorry about your pup. Such a sweet sentiment that you would think of Jessica already in heaven to walk your beloved pup. Hugs.

Spent many an hour on the old usenet forums... Those were the days. Thanks for reminding me!
(And yes I love twitter, I bet it is because it does have a similar feeling to it)

Well, I hope I didn't flame you in that long ago time! <ROFLMAO>

I am proof that people do change. Back then, I would never have considered reading or posting to a moderated forum. Now I like it and deeply appreciate the job that the moderators do.

I've probably read a few thousand mystery books, maybe more, and I've seen every episode of Crimial Minds, CSI (and most of it's off-shoots), Sherlock Holmes, Alfred Hitchcock, Murder She Wrote, Charlie Chan, Quincy and who knows how many other shows about murders and mysteries (until I got rid of my tv.) I don't like that I can always figure out who done it long before you're supposed to. I once watched a show and within the first minute I had told my son who was going to get killed, who was going to get blamed for it and who was really going to do it. I couldn't believe I was right about all 3 (I really had no idea, I was just kidding because he asked me right away who did it.) Unfortunately, my mind seems to follow the same logic that mystery writers follow, but that doesn't help much when you're dealing with real psychos.

Confusion, many times reality imitates art.. Serial killer Gary Michael Hilton said, "I am an artist, my life is my artwork"..

I think Jarred Harell behaved like a typical cowardly, shame-filled pedophile. He tried to hide the evidence and hid with his tail between his legs.

This perp (or these perps, because I favor the idea that there's more than one) is shameless and bold. How do you get to that point?
See, I saw Jarred Harrell as being mentally deficient in some way I could not put my finger on. The way he spoke was off.

Was this perp(s) shameless and bold (leaving her out there in the open as in who cares), or terrified and reaching (dumping the body where he quickly could and hoping someone could find her-accidental killing covered with his thought of what would hinder an investigation) or calculating and pompous (assuming cut off appendages and such, doing so-I'm so smart- and leaving her in a place he is not associated with where there is not a lot of visitors-no one will trace this back to me-)? I don't have enough information to decide yet.:fence:.

But someone needs to be removed from this plane of existence for this atrocity. IMHO.

That is bugging me too. Maybe it was quick to pull over and he just threw the garbage bag. Things are really hot for this guy now. He possibly intended to throw it in a dumpster but is worried about CCTV. But none of that explains why he would dismember her. Unless things are so hot he was worried someone like a neighbor might recognize a body shape being moved from his house to his car. A heavy garbage bag isn't as obvious. I'm not satified with my own answers though.

Been a lurker here and in scanner. I just wanted to say this is why I really feel its someone in her neighborhood. Is there someone whose family, or parents went on vacation? He had time and then something happened that required him to speed up his crime. Could be reallly paranoid with the amount of publicity this case is getting, the sheer numbers of LE and FBI in the area. Maybe he had plans and something happened to make him think he almost was caught.

I have about 8 pages to catch up on here. In the end, I am so encouraged with LE in this case and the sheer will of this community as a whole. In one of the GMA interviews a neighbor said they were letting anyone and everyone who needed to go in their house and look. How important it was for LE to rule his house out so they could look for her in the right places. Whoever this monster, scum whatever the appropriate word is, I hope that you are caught quickly and when you are, you get the death penalty. You deserve nothing less.

Kelly

This killer did not do anything particularly clever. He abducted and murdered a small child, dropped off a bag, and dumped her remains. Nothing a low IQ person could not have done, so far. Time will tell if he was careful/smart enough not to leave behind clues, but due to the DNA requests today, I believe he probably wasn't. If he is not caught, it won't be because he is so smart, IMO, just lucky and not in the system.

I have a feeling he lives very close to Jessica's home neighborhood, or in one of the adjoining ones. As someone else mentioned, he may have wanted to pull into his garage fairly quickly after the abduction. He could probably tell by 11am or so that she had not been reported missing as yet, due to lack of activity in the area.

The only thing I am wondering-when did LE start checking car trunks, etc.? If he lived in the neighborhood, could he have driven out of there on Saturday to drop the bag off without being checked up until a certain time? Does anyone remember?

If it makes you feel any better at all, my dog runs out in the woods away from home a lot, and I drive slow down streets in my area multiple times looking for her. Maybe that is the case. Just trying to make you feel better and give you a possible scenario, not to say you still shouldn't be really careful.

Thank you. I think this person had a scanner because the minute I called, he hauled *advertiser censored* out of here even screeching his tires around the corner. After thinking about it, I think this may be someone who has a beef with a female neighbor, but I didn't really think about it at the time because I'm scared. :(

I can relate. The problem is that real demented killers don't have logic that applies to most of the world. You would think it would drive a profiler insane to try to figure them out.

This killer did not do anything particularly clever. He abducted and murdered a small child, dropped off a bag, and dumped her remains. Nothing a low IQ person could not have done, so far. Time will tell if he was careful/smart enough not to leave behind clues, but due to the DNA requests today, I believe he probably wasn't. If he is not caught, it won't be because he is so smart, IMO, just lucky and not in the system.

I have a feeling he lives very close to Jessica's home neighborhood, or in one of the adjoining ones. As someone else mentioned, he may have wanted to pull into his garage fairly quickly after the abduction. He could probably tell by 11am or so that she had not been reported missing as yet, due to lack of activity in the area.

The only thing I am wondering-when did LE start checking car trunks, etc.? If he lived in the neighborhood, could he have driven out of there on Saturday to drop the bag off without being checked up until a certain time? Does anyone remember?

at the presser they stated they have checked over 500 homes and 1500 cars in the area so far. I would guess they check the trunks in the cars they search.

I wondered how they were going to analyze all the cell tower data for commonality with 100's of thousands of calls pinging those towers. I pray it works and it leads to one individual...the one who did this unspeakable act.

A suspect's cell phone pings were what led to Kristi Cornwell's brother to her body. The tower in GA was rural, so the traffic would be minimal compared to this case. But it's still doable, hopefully whoever did this actually had a cell phone with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_ks