CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a GREAT question...no, we haven't had anything like this in the 15 years I have lived here, although we have had our share of horrible carnage in our state, if this (insert description here) is local, is this the first time??? How is that possible? How does somebody get to THIS so fast?

Isn't it possible he is local, but has only lived in the area a short time, a few months, a few years? Sometimes perps move from place to place to avoid becoming suspects.

Post may be graphic, my apologies.

Most of the cases I can remember off the top of my head where children were dismembered it was in an effort to hide the body and make it easier to dispose of. The case of my friend Jimmy Ryce comes to mind, as well as Zarha Baker and Leiby Kletzky. I know I am missing some.

leslie mahaffy, 14, 1991, ontario canada

kidnapped, sexually assaulted, killed, dismembered, placed in boxes of wet cement (to hide body - thankfully it didn't work) and dropped off a bridge by karla homolka and paul bernardo

I know I keep comparing this to Somer Thompsons.But Jarred Harrell did.

I think Jarred Harell behaved like a typical cowardly, shame-filled pedophile. He tried to hide the evidence and hid with his tail between his legs.

This perp (or these perps, because I favor the idea that there's more than one) is shameless and bold. How do you get to that point?

Well I did that too. No, it was Tricia bopping in. I've seen her bop in before but not to invite someone to 'talk' to her.

I'm having an anxiety attack for some reason. I tend to hold my feelings of sadness and despair in and keep them in my head. The anxiety must be telling me to let my feelings out now but I can't for some reason.

I have seen her do that a couple of times WBG.

Off topic but I can't seem to watch her show with Levi? Anyone can send me some pointers I'd appreciate it.

Great idea GrainneDhu!! Never thought to suggest to her to go to another, non-related, trusted adult! I am so glad I sought out WS help on this matter! It's amazing, and scary, what we don't think of when it's happening to us!!

I don't think there is anyone who has all the answers but when you put a lot of good hearted people together in one spot, they can usually cover all the possibilities.

You were smart to take advantage of that.

Maybe the SOB went to same grade school at some point. Remembered the area and went back to look around. I hope they look through past enrollment at the school. Also, look for someone who suffered a life event near the age of 10.

I saw it on a LiveTime movie once. :blushing:

I'm so terribly sad about Jessica.

Here's the tweet regarding command post...

Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
Local, state & federal agencies working together@Command Post.Officers will be working this weekend.#jessicaridgeway pic.twitter.com/Q9mXNrb1

A5DMzLhCIAAV72b.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQbgJK1pnH0"]FBI Director Mueller's Police Week Message - YouTube[/ame]

Published on May 14, 2012 by fbi
FBI Director Robert S. Mueller recognizes and thanks law enforcement colleagues during National Police Week..

Jessica
My sweet old pup just passed away,and she's gonna need a little girl just like you to walk her and take good care of her.
Another beautiful angel...

GateKeeper

:scared:

Just had to call 911 because DD and I are home alone and there was a vehicle slowly driving by our house multiple times parking at various spots along the way. The driver even turned around 3 times to case our street. Our doberman was going crazy.

UGH. I can't wait for DH to be home.

I think Jarred Harell behaved like a typical cowardly, shame-filled pedophile. He tried to hide the evidence and hid with his tail between his legs.

This perp (or these perps, because I favor the idea that there's more than one) is shameless and bold. How do you get to that point?

I agree.

Well I did that too. No, it was Tricia bopping in. I've seen her bop in before but not to invite someone to 'talk' to her.

I'm having an anxiety attack for some reason. I tend to hold my feelings of sadness and despair in and keep them in my head. The anxiety must be telling me to let my feelings out now but I can't for some reason.

You have my sympathy.

I'm going to respect that little voice of fear now and take myself away from here for a while. I'll be back, but...not a safe place for me tonight.

So...someone in the community could also be someone NEW to the community. I don't believe that is something that has been mentioned in the possible profile, has it? October 1st would have likely been a date for anyone renting a new place, and this happened soon thereafter. Maybe landlords/renters should consider this and consider their tenants?

I see a lot of posts praising LE...but the case hasn't been solved. Now, I know it takes time. But I have followed many cases where LE seemed to be putting tons of effort and resources into a case...and months/years later, it's still unsolved.
Probably true. It's been a long while since I've posted on Websleuths as I had become discouraged with so many of the missing children not being found, and therefore no charges brought against anyone, even though some people appeared suspect.

It was coincidental that this case came to my attention just yesterday. Initially I thought, "oh, here's another one where the parent is probably guilty" and the child will never be found. I found it especially interesting that LE came out quickly to eliminate the parents as suspects. Note that this hasn't been done in many of the other outstanding cases.

Of course I'm saddened to hear of this horrific finding. However, I feel that this is going to be one case that gets solved. Call it just a gut feeling.

I think that the perp is going to be a local and I think it is going to be someone young, in their teens, and a first time offender. Just wanted to go on record with my theory.

I think that he may presently live or work in the area and has been there long enough to be familiar with the neighborhoods and open spaces including trails and points of interest.

I suspect that he has killed before, but he did it while living elsewhere...maybe while in the military overseas or while living in another country. The reason I suspect this is because I don't think his DNA is in the VICAP or CODIS system. I don't believe this is his first crime against a child and I don't believe he is so young that all previous crimes would be locked away in a juvenille record. That leaves the possibility that either he has never been caught and never left DNA or fingerprints, or he did his previous sex crimes in a different country.

I guess it is also possible that he has always had access to his own children or those of a family member who failed to turn him in. At some point those girls would be too "old" for him and he might have finally decided to go hunting.

All MOO

:scared:

Just had to call 911 because DD and I are home alone and there was a vehicle slowly driving by our house multiple times parking at various spots along the way. The driver even turned around 3 times to case our street. Our doberman was going crazy.

UGH. I can't wait for DH to be home.

glad you called. let us know what LE say or do please. be safe.

Jessica
My sweet old pup just passed away,and she's gonna need a little girl just like you to walk her and take good care of her.
Another beautiful angel...

GateKeeper

GateKeeper...so sorry for the loss of your precious friend. I know you will miss your doggie very much. I believe there will be animals in heaven, if only because they have served their Heavenly Master by providing great joy and comfort to all of us on earth.

Woe...I care for your a lot....breathe...try and think good thoughts, and it's alright to take a break, I know I often must ...'cause this can be overwhelming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_ks