CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, why leave the bag and risk touch DNA or car fibers getting on the bag? Also, as I understand, dogs tracked the bag from a local school to the drop off point. Why risk lurking around the neighborhood late at night to drop the bag? It seems like he just didn't throw it out of the car window or whatever.

Why leave the bag at all? I get that maybe he wanted to throw off detectives in the opposite direction, but he could have done that with just leaving her water bottle or one specific item with her name on it. Why the whole bag, risking exposure?

It would seem odd too if the perp did not touch something in the bag. I mean, did he wear gloves when he handled the bag and its contents? If so that would indicate a very well, planned out attack and not something done as a crime of opportunity.

he could have easily discarded the bag in the trash somewhere or even burned its contents. He wanted the bag to be found but why? Maybe it is the case that the perp is nearby and wanted to throw off LE to get away from tne neighborhood?

Maybe to make a statement, to LE and the local residents, how easy it was for him to grab a victim, seemingly unseen, off one of the local streets? To cause more fear, by putting it on a sidewalk, in a neighbourhood full of children, more potential victims?

'In the darkness of the night, see what I can do--and not be seen'.

JMO

All...I am logging off and going to try and rest. This has been a long, emotional day for all of us. I wish you all peaceful thoughts and dreams tonight as we rest amongst the danger that does exist. Take precautions, but also do your best to enjoy every moment and every smile everywhere!
hugs and love,
andalso

Oh. My. God.

Not again. :banghead:

Prayers to her family and friends.

At least she's beyond it now.

RIP beautiful Jessica. There are candles and tears for you tonight darling girl.

Thank you. I think this person had a scanner because the minute I called, he hauled *advertiser censored* out of here even screeching his tires around the corner. After thinking about it, I think this may be someone who has a beef with a female neighbor, but I didn't really think about it at the time because I'm scared. :(

so glad you are ok. whew (wipes brow). did the LE come to your door?

Hey us,

I remember hearing a couple of months ago about a girl in Utah who was kidnapped from her home and murdered, and they found her pretty quickly. Anyone know what case I'm talkin about? Or if it could be related? Utah is a neighboring state.

Thank you. I think this person had a scanner because the minute I called, he hauled *advertiser censored* out of here even screeching his tires around the corner. After thinking about it, I think this may be someone who has a beef with a female neighbor, but I didn't really think about it at the time because I'm scared. :(

OMG, I totally understand and I don't blame you. You take care and do whatever you need to do.

RidgewayOverallMap.jpg

Your "Found" location is several miles east of the correct location. Jessica was found about 1 mile west of QuaKer on Leyden Road (aka 82nd Avenue).

If the removal of body parts was to deprive police of dental records and prints, as opposed to sheer sadism, he was putting forth effort to conceal evidence.

I'm guessing he didn't really want her to be found as quickly if she was. If he would have wanted her to be found, he could have just left the bag on the yellow stripe in the middle of the road and continued driving. But he took the time and the additional risk of being seen by parking the car and crossing the fence. I really think the perp would have liked to have done a better job of hiding evidence, but he didn't have time to sit around, sip on a cup of coffee, and wait for a better idea.

I don't think his work ethic is limited, and I don't think he has a below average IQ. I just think he didn't have time to do any better. And leaving the bag where he did makes it appear there was no planning, which makes the perp's decision to commit the crime appear to have been an impulsive decision. It looks like someone just doing it. Just winging it. Trying his absolute best and wracking every last brain cell to decide what to do next, but struggling due to a lack of planning beforehand and a lack of time afterward. I think he just ran out of time. When he was crossing the fence or crawling under it with that bag, I imagine he wished he had more time to not have to resort to such desperation.

Something that I question is the fact that the perp could have just disposed of the body in a dumpster somewhere out of the immediate vicinity. And not to get extremely gory here, but what location would the perp feel comfortable enough to take the time to do what he did to the body? :( It seems to me he may have access to an old warehouse, storage facility, etc. where he could take the time to complete the horrendous deed. And if he went to all the trouble to dismember....then why put the remains next to an active area? If he wanted the body found, then just leave it intact. What was the purpose of dismemberment? If he was afraid of his DNA being found, wouldn't it be easier to burn the body? I apologize for going into such detail, but why did he go to all of that trouble only to place remains next to an active, populated area??

165 members, 165 guests...even steven...never saw that before

k...really logging off now...164 members

Yes, why leave the bag and risk touch DNA or car fibers getting on the bag? Also, as I understand, dogs tracked the bag from a local school to the drop off point. Why risk lurking around the neighborhood late at night to drop the bag? It seems like he just didn't throw it out of the car window or whatever.

Why leave the bag at all? I get that maybe he wanted to throw off detectives in the opposite direction, but he could have done that with just leaving her water bottle or one specific item with her name on it. Why the whole bag, risking exposure?

It would seem odd too if the perp did not touch something in the bag. I mean, did he wear gloves when he handled the bag and its contents? If so that would indicate a very well, planned out attack and not something done as a crime of opportunity.

he could have easily discarded the bag in the trash somewhere or even burned its contents. He wanted the bag to be found but why? Maybe it is the case that the perp is nearby and wanted to throw off LE to get away from tne neighborhood?
I would have to guess it is because the perp planned on dropping her body (or had already done so) in the opposite direction, hoping everyone would look in the backpack direction, or keep searching north.

I think it was probably a local perp. But I don't think he took her to the neighborhood that day. I think he would have been too worried about scent dogs and witnesses. I think he lives in the immediate neighborhood, but he probably has a workplace and/or access to a family home/cabin or a secret hideout that he used that day. That way the LE could come to his home and search his yard and car trunk with no problem. Not being home that day is not suspicious at all.

Given there is a gray-haired granny type with hair in a bun in the foreground, not sure which of your options would be correct....:)

The perp should be terrified of gray haired grannies. We can be a formidable force! Especially when some has harmed a child.

I have been reading here for most of this week just trying to catch up with what is going on with locating precious JR. When the press conference came on today at 5:?? p.m. I watched with "baited breath" hearing, but not wanting to believe, what the Police Chief was saying. The tears began then, lasting thru JVM, phone calls with both of my daughters, and all 7 grandchildren. Even though they all thought I'm nuts for crying, worrying about them and obsessing over their safety, I just had to hear their voices and tell them how much they are loved.

My tears have now stopped and all I can focus on is this poor child's death and the pain and suffering her loved ones must endure for years to come. There are just no words that come to mind that will adequately relay my sympathy for their loss.

As far as the evil perp is concerned, all I can is "Buddy-boy, even if you aren't administered justice on this earth, the Lord is waiting for you and will see that you get what is coming to you."

HUGS to each and everyone of you on this very sad nite.

Just curious- but has anyone researched/mapped/charted missing or located deceased 9-11 yr old girls in neighbouring states, with similar appearance to Jessica, say over the past 10- 20 yrs or so?
I do realized that sometimes a person just snaps and their first, and possibly only murder, is as heinous as someone who has murdered multiple times before. With the relative ease of traveling state to state, it is conceivable that a monster has been preying on young girls for years and changing the MO as he goes along, no?

I may have watched too many episodes of Criminal Minds!! ;)

Ugh, that's creepy.

I hope you are in such a relationship with her that you could mention what happened. If he's prowling around after dark near where she lives, he doesn't have good intentions and warning her may help her with precautions she wouldn't otherwise take.

at the presser they stated they have checked over 500 homes and 1500 cars in the area so far. I would guess they check the trunks in the cars they search.

I know, I wondered what day they began-was it Saturday and was it early in the day, that kind of thing, since the bag appeared to have been dropped in the evening.

Hey us,

I remember hearing a couple of months ago about a girl in Utah who was kidnapped from her home and murdered, and they found her pretty quickly. Anyone know what case I'm talkin about? Or if it could be related? Utah is a neighboring state.

Sierra Newbold????

Probably true. It's been a long while since I've posted on Websleuths as I had become discouraged with so many of the missing children not being found, and therefore no charges brought against anyone, even though some people appeared suspect.

It was coincidental that this case came to my attention just yesterday. Initially I thought, "oh, here's another one where the parent is probably guilty" and the child will never be found. I found it especially interesting that LE came out quickly to eliminate the parents as suspects. Note that this hasn't been done in many of the other outstanding cases.

Of course I'm saddened to hear of this horrific finding. However, I feel that this is going to be one case that gets solved. Call it just a gut feeling.

I think that the perp is going to be a local and I think it is going to be someone young, in their teens, and a first time offender. Just wanted to go on record with my theory.

BBM- I too initially thought it would be a young teen from the neighborhood who drives. But after the news of the condition of her body, I reconsidered. I'm still not convinced dismemberment occurred, but if so; was it for purposes of transportation, preventing identification or something more nefarious I prefer not to outline?

So glad I am not a member of a profession where I have to think and look at this stuff day in and day out.
icon9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members