CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They say they believe the perp is a local. Have there been other missing children cases in the past? How can you go from a happy community to a dismembered body? How does a perp progress like that if he's local?

This is a GREAT question...no, we haven't had anything like this in the 15 years I have lived here, although we have had our share of horrible carnage in our state, if this (insert description here) is local, is this the first time??? How is that possible? How does somebody get to THIS so fast?

http://www.dnasaves.org/

Colorado has passed this law. It collects DNA from people that have been ARRESTED for a felony ... not convicted. DNA is on file for a felony ARREST. Hat tip to Colorado.

Off my soapbox.

Does anyone from the area know if they are still searching the area where the little body was found?

The roadblock on Leyden Road has been removed and Patteridge Park is open to the public. Law enforcement is no longer searching in this area.

Kids are usually brought up to be good. Say yes and be polite.

I raised my own that way,times were different.
Noe I tell my grandchildren it is ok to say no. To strangers.
Its okay to run.scream and not to be nice or obey in certsin situations. As bad as it is, i allow them to learn alittle about cases like this. It is a whole new world of creeps, drugs,child *advertiser censored*. JmOO.

As usual, I had an idea!

I'd be interested in knowing if someone who recently moved close to Jessica came from the area where the backpack was left (the house next door to her friend was just sold/bought in May, but I'm sure there are others). It's a long shot, again, but I was thinking that it could be a guy who was caught abusing his ~10 year-old blonde haired, blue-eyed daughter, and his wife kicked him out refusing to allow him to see the girl again (but never called the police because of embarrassment or some other weird reason.) It could be that JR reminded him of his daughter, but after abducting her, his anger at the daughter for telling on him took over. He may have killed her in a fit of rage, but actually calmed down before planning to dispose of the body and her belongings.

He may have left the backpack close to his ex-wife's house thinking in his sick mind that she'd know it was from him and she'd feel guilt for making him kill the girl. I haven't quite figured out why he would have done what he did to the body, but one extremely sick thought I had was that he wanted part of her as a reminder of his daughter. If nobody fits in either place, maybe it's someone who is moving to Superior from Westminster. Or maybe I just need to give it a rest for a while, I can't believe how moebid I'm getting.
You should write books. Or TV episodes. It might help. ;)

well if that isn't a big message I don't know what is! Who ever did this: they are coming for you.

Yes they are dear Nursey! Yes they are! Thank the Lord. I'm also glad there will be no info given to media that can screw this up!

well if that isn't a big message I don't know what is! Who ever did this: they are coming for you.

Not only are they coming for you, but you have ALL EYES on you now! This city and the world are looking and you will be found!:bullseye:

I wonder how long they spent staging that picture to make sure it sent just the right message to the perp. Of course, it is entirely possible that I have just watched way too many episodes of Criminal Minds.

Given there is a gray-haired granny type with hair in a bun in the foreground, not sure which of your options would be correct....:)

This is a GREAT question...no, we haven't had anything like this in the 15 years I have lived here, although we have had our share of horrible carnage in our state, if this (insert description here) is local, is this the first time??? How is that possible? How does somebody get to THIS so fast?

I think the general pattern of progression/escalation is different and far more rapid in the context of a folie à deux. I think that's what we'll find in this case. IMO.

They say they believe the perp is a local. Have there been other missing children cases in the past? How can you go from a happy community to a dismembered body? How does a perp progress like that if he's local?
Think of BTK, and you will have an answer. Kind of local and kind of not. Also, just because they suspect the perp might be local, he might only be 6 months local. Or less.

in the presser the fbi spokesperson said they are using link analysis..

When I looked it up (it piqued my interest) I read that criminal link analysis is a sort of software that can take all the data and find relationships.

I am glad they are using all this sort of technology.

(the mention of link analysis was around the five minute mark on the presser)

I remember a member of CART in the Lindsey Baum case talking about the use of link analysis.

Link analysis graphically summarizes a complex set of relationships between a large number of data points. Although persons and organizations are most commonly used as data points, telephone numbers, street addresses, vehicle license plates, or any other data points may be used.
https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/publications/Abstract.aspx?id=74219
LE is to be commended in this case, that command center picture is impressive!

I had to stop at page 32. I'm sickened and enraged. I want to thank all of you for all of your heart and energy. I truly believe that this site will be instrumental in this *advertiser censored* being arrested. I wish her family all of the strength in the world. If a fund is started, I would love to donate.

Jessica did not die in vain. Somehow, her life will serve a purpose well beyond her ten years.

I pray for all of you locals and send hugs from Florida.

I am going to Disney World this weekend and I will think of this little girl the whole time.

Now, let's get this *advertiser censored* and let karma take over. He will not get away with this.

Westminster PD tweeted this fund info:
Westminster Police‏@WestminsterPD

The family has created a website http://www.jessicaridgeway.com/ Donations can be made directly to the family on the website. #jessicaridgeway

Was it pop up box? Maybe you have a message in your PM box. Look at the top of the page under your name where you log in.

Well I did that too. No, it was Tricia bopping in. I've seen her bop in before but not to invite someone to 'talk' to her.

I'm having an anxiety attack for some reason. I tend to hold my feelings of sadness and despair in and keep them in my head. The anxiety must be telling me to let my feelings out now but I can't for some reason.

in the presser the fbi spokesperson said they are using link analysis..

When I looked it up (it piqued my interest) I read that criminal link analysis is a sort of software that can take all the data and find relationships.

I am glad they are using all this sort of technology.

(the mention of link analysis was around the five minute mark on the presser)

I wondered how they were going to analyze all the cell tower data for commonality with 100's of thousands of calls pinging those towers. I pray it works and it leads to one individual...the one who did this unspeakable act.

I find it hard to believe that this is the first time the sicko has done something like this. The abduction was at a risky time in terms of distance from home and time of day. The bag was probably staged, in a location that an outsider would be noticed and Jessica was found in a pretty public area while there were numerous searches going on.

I know I keep comparing this to Somer Thompsons.But Jarred Harrell did.

And Richard Gere doesn't believe evil exists. Just thought I throw this bit of info in as it's been bothering me ever since I heard Oprah's interview with him. :what: Stick to acting please.

God says there's Good and Evil. How can people deny this fact? It really bugs me because it doesn't help anybody to go around believing that evil does not exist.

Well, I don't believe in Evil as an entity. I'm not a follower of any of the Abrahamic religions, either. And I couldn't act my way out of a paper bag, so I'd better not rely on that as my day job! <G>

I do believe that people do what is expedient and what serves their inner needs or desires. To me, saying someone is evil is about as useful as saying they are blibbergimoth. It doesn't explain anything and it doesn't allow me to accurately predict what that person will do. To me, it is more useful to say that someone has emotional characteristics that pushed them into doing something.

Most of the time, those emotional characteristics push people into doing good things, such as donating to charity or letting that waiting car get into line. As a species, what we view as good are those things that serve our needs for cooperation and our particular type of social order.

Sometimes those emotional characteristics push people to do things that hurt others. There are usually reasons why people hurt others and those reasons are usually understandable. Being understandable means that such people are predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Let the light shine