CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Babysitter Killings in Detroit Michigan. [ I will try and find the links..]

MI - The Babysitter Murders: Oakland County Child Killings #2
For 13 months from 1976 to 1977, four children were abducted and killed. The killer was dubbed "the Baby-sitter" because he kept his victims alive for days, feeding and bathing them before murdering the children, leaving their bodies for others to find.

The victims were 12-year-old Mark Stebbins, abducted while walking near his Ferndale home Feb. 15, 1976; 12-year-old Jill Robinson, taken in Royal Oak on Dec. 22, 1976; 10-year-old Kristine Mihelich, snatched near her Berkley home Jan. 2, 1977; and 11-year-old Timothy King, kidnapped from a grocery store parking lot near his home in Birmingham on March 16, 1977.

I think the link I posted above ^^ (Oakland County Child Killer) and your info are the same killer. He is know under both names.

Alpha - First, Male leader, Dominant male

Just using your post as a jumping off point:

ANDREW is from a Greek word, and means "brave, valour, manhood, strong, courageous, warrior" (I googled 'andrew' and am taking the definiton from the two wikipedia posts regarding St. Andrew and Andrew).

It could well be significant that he picked Alpha & Andrew to drop the backpack just for the fact that both words together mean:

dominate male, warrior, strong etc...

If he did choose this location very speficically for that reason, then whats the significance of the other streets we know to be involved? Any significance to the name Chelsea (chelsea park)? How about to where they've located remains?

20121013__search-for-jessica-ridgeway-1%7Ep1.jpg

Law enforcement officials continue to search the area near Pattridge Park Open Space on Sat. Oct. 13, 2012, in Arvada where the body of 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway was discovered earlier in the week. The searchers spent time along railroad tracks that cross Indiana Street between 82nd and 86th Avenues. Kathryn Scott Osler, The Denver Post (THE DENVER POST | Kathryn Scott Osler)
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...ollow-all-leads-find-jessica-ridgeways-killer

Is that a mattress? What an odd place to find a mattress. It must be accessible to vehicles if a mattress is there.

BBM- Park Dietz has done some good work over the years, but his comment in bold is a little odd :waitasec:

JMO, I don't know whether "ugly" was the exact word Dr Dietz used or a paraphrase, but based on what I know about him and his field, he's referring to real or perceived disfigurement of the individual that the person feels sets him apart, in a bad way, and prevents him from being able to have "normal" interpersonal (especially romantic or sexual) relationships. Jmo, as always. I agree that the word "ugly" is interesting, but also I can see how it might be used to represent the whole concept I described above (if it is a paraphrase, not a quote).

I must tell you all and this is weird. My daughter lives basicallright off of Wadsworth and they had a ballon release at American Furniture?today at 2pm. I thinkthere was also some kind of command center also because she saidthere has been all kinds of like RV's set up.
Anyway is was pouring rain (weird for Colorado) and she could see from her little balcony all the people walking op Wadsworth with purple and green balloons all huddled under umbrellas.
The baloons were released and she could see them all flying up through the sky and all of a sudden all these birds came out of know where and they were flying around the baloons.
The baloons blew away and the birds disappeared.
Then the sun came out. Tell me that does not mean something.

There have been several attempted abductions in Iowa and Nebraska over the past 90 days. Is it possible that this guy is a transient/worker heading west?

Friday, July 13th: Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook-Morrissey, missing girls from Evansdale, IA still have not been found.

Thursday/Friday, Sept 14-15th: Three attempted abductions in Tilden, Nebraska.

Friday, Oct 5th: Jessica Ridgeway in Westminster, CO.

If you plot these points on the map it is nearly a straight line from East to West.

Could this guy be either a transient or someone who travels for work and is in an area for a scheduled amount of time and then is sent to the next city to complete work? Construction, home building, etc.

And here in Iowa, we continue to have several 'child abduction attempts' reported; there were 2 reported in the past couple of days.

BBM- Park Dietz has done some good work over the years, but his comment in bold is a little odd :waitasec:

Wonder if Dietz's possibly thought-out insult to lure the predator to make contact will work!

Have LE found the rest of her body?

The only official statement said that the body was not intact. After the body was found, they have continued an intensive search of open space areas. The most reasonable explanation is they are looking for rest of the body.

I cannot copy & paste on this tablet. I need lessons.
Scetch & pic of perv on little girl in Cody. 1 guy lives near Jessica?

20121013__search-for-jessica-ridgeway-1%7Ep1.jpg

Law enforcement officials continue to search the area near Pattridge Park Open Space on Sat. Oct. 13, 2012, in Arvada where the body of 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway was discovered earlier in the week. The searchers spent time along railroad tracks that cross Indiana Street between 82nd and 86th Avenues. Kathryn Scott Osler, The Denver Post (THE DENVER POST | Kathryn Scott Osler)
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...ollow-all-leads-find-jessica-ridgeways-killer

Speculation: They're looking for the identifying body parts ... if the backpack was the last thing that he got rid of, then the body parts are in the area. If the backpack was dropped off before 1:30 in the morning on Sunday, then there were up to 41 hours between the disappearance and the backpack discovery.

In those 41 hours, he had to abduct her, take her to the area of the shacks, obscure his vehicle, assault her ... let's say that took until late Friday night or early Saturday morning. By then, he knows that he is going to kill her and his only objective is to get away with it. Let's suppose that 20 hours are gone ... 21 hours to murder, eliminate evidence, hide/dispose, clean up and place the backpack in another neighborhood - perhaps as a warning. Add sleeping time, there may be up to 6 hours, partially on foot and partially driving, to the location of the remains.

I am open to this possible connection. The girls are the same age range and look similar to Jessica. And the circumstances are similar, being out in public in broad daylight and just disappearing into thin air. :mad:

And I can see a roving predator being responsible for their abduction. He might have been at the nearby campgrounds while waiting for suitable prey.

But what makes me uncertain about the connection is that the girls have not turned up yet. I think if he had used the same MO as with Jessica then we would have brought them home already. :rose:

If it's the same guy, his mo could be the same, it's just that the bodies have not been found. And if he is dismembering the body, then maybe he has them hidden better then this one.

I must tell you all and this is weird. My daughter lives basicallright off of Wadsworth and they had a ballon release at American Furniture?today at 2pm. I thinkthere was also some kind of command center also because she saidthere has been all kinds of like RV's set up.
Anyway is was pouring rain (weird for Colorado) and she could see from her little balcony all the people walking op Wadsworth with purple and green balloons all huddled under umbrellas.
The baloons were released and she could see them all flying up through the sky and all of a sudden all these birds came out of know where and they were flying around the baloons.
The baloons blew away and the birds disappeared.
Then the sun came out. Tell me that does not mean something.

Oh my goodness, that gave me chills. Thank you for sharing that!

I am skeptical that the abductions of Lyric and Lizzie are related to Jessica, but it does strike me as a bit coincidental that both abductions occurred earlier in the day on a Friday.

the one reason i do not think they are the same abductor is because both places where the girls were are very much in a neighborhood setting, not a place you'd just happen to come upon jumping off the highway etc...not on streets w/ an abundance of daily traffic.

IA girls area was so secluded at the local lake/park.
J's was her daily routine to her school.

I feel all girls were previously noticed by their abductors.

of course my opinion

I personally don't think they will find much more near the Pattridge Park. Why would she not be intact in the first place? He didn't want to have her be found in one place. The only reason I can think of (and sorry to be graphic) that they are still searching there is that animals did disturb the area and may have moved evidence away.

Whomever posted upthread about this guy already looking for his next victim I completely agree, especially given IMO his propensity to taunt.

Also, I realized this morning that a 12 step program may be in my future as far as WS is concerned. I was going out of my mind trying to log in, trying everything I knew of! Then I had to be gone this aft.:what: Well as usual I missed some great discussion and glad to be back no longer feeling withdrawals! But I knew WS would get it fixed ASAP

ColdPizza...

I'm right with you on needing 12 Step Program for WS....

Almost went berserk when I couldn't get on this a.m.! :hills:

I think it is someone local. Someone who knew the secluded spot to leave her remains, someone who knew walking routes to school (maybe even Jessica's), someone who knew where to plant the bookbag, and - it pains me to say this - someone who had a private spot to take her to, considering the damage... :(

I don't believe a transient person would have time to figure all of this out. JMHO

Couldn't it be someone that drove into town and saw the culvert/shacks, maybe took a drive up the road looking for a place to sleep, who then started driving around elementary schools - followed a few different children home, discovered the Jessica walked alone part of the time ... it could be a transient worker, perhaps someone involved in the construction industry ... someone checking local industry to join a crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member