CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The road (on the map) runs east/west. I'm not sure if that covered end is the side of the road she was on, or the other side.

I'm terrible with directions. Thanks.

You know, now that you mention it, I'm not sure either. In fact, now that I'm looking closely at both ends, I'm not even sure it's the same culvert.
-

Could be coincidence, or, it could be because he lives near there, or maybe lives near enough to there that he needs to drive there on a commute?

Maybe he's a delivery guy of some kind.

Longer brown hair, 20-25 and a red sports jersey and red ball cap...

Expensive and advocates of privacy (which would include me) would fight it with everything we have.

I am not a fan of living in a place where you are considered a criminal until proven innocent.

Totally agree, not much different than Nazi Germany tattooing Concentration Camp prisoners.

If parents choose and pay for it and a private company manages the program, that is an individual's choice. However, I would not be comfortable with any government owning this information and it's hardly a power granted to the Federal government in the Constitution.

I think it is a subura legacy from 1998-1999. I have one and it looks just like it.

It wasn't the news causing me to question the time.
It was the time of the post in the scanner thread as it happened "live."

I realize it doesn't get dark immediately at sunset - but even where I live in CA the sky has a dusky hew before sunset starts, but certainly after that.

I don't really even see the portion of sky we see in the photo the mom took looking like dusk, let alone 10 minutes after sunset. But that could just be me/here.

Just thought I'd say that when I take photos on my iPhone at night, it's very easy for me to lighten them so they look as though they were taken during the day. (every photo app I have does this, even the free ones). They may have done that to make the details more visible.

Also, the time info shows up on the scanner thread has got to be at least a few minutes AFTER the event occurred - take pic, calm son, call 9-1-1, who discusses with supervisor?, and possibly even the police, before it shows up on the scanner, right? And then the time it takes for someone to hear it, type it, and post it, :confused:

There was a little chunky GEO, and there was a bigger one. The early models were built at the same plant as the Toyota Corolla, and on the same chassis. The later ones were different. I think you might be right about the chunky one being the Metro, but I definitely remember the larger one. My niece drove one for years.
We had a Prism and it was
built also on a Toyota chassis. Our nephew had a Metro, sorry I don't know the year....it was chunky tho. :)

Other places have identified the car as a Dodge Neon with a spoiler. I haven't a clue what it is. I remember the days when one could actually and easily tell one brand of car from another.

"Sadistic monsters" have victim preferences too. It is a subconscious preference, not one they knowingly choose.

BTK; Dennis Rader had no profile, Otis Toole had no profile, Gary Hilton had no profile.. The list is very long once they escalate for years/decades..

The age ranges of sexual predators/SKs used in statistical data is no longer an accurate predictor, imo, due to ED drugs & the effects of the meth epidemic, etc..

We had a Prism and it was
built also on a Toyota chassis. Our nephew had a Metro, sorry I don't know the year....it was chunky tho. :)

Prism! Yes, that was it. Nice little car. But the more I look, the more I think this car doesn't match.

Hi peeps. Have no idea what's going on with the case. I got frozen out or something (other than header, page wouldn't show) so I gave up. Anybody know what's going on? I had gotten far enough in the thread earlier to read that the same thing happened to others this morning. :waitasec:

Just thought I'd say that when I take photos on my iPhone at night, it's very easy for me to lighten them so they look as though they were taken during the day. (every photo app I have does this, even the free ones). They may have done that to make the details more visible.

Also, the time info shows up on the scanner thread has got to be at least a few minutes AFTER the event occurred - take pic, calm son, call 9-1-1, who discusses with supervisor?, and possibly even the police, before it shows up on the scanner, right? And then the time it takes for someone to hear it, type it, and post it, :confused:

Twilight also stays brighter and lasts longer in the mountains.

I heard they were swabbing for DNA in the Superior Neighborhood on Thursday. I had heard there were doing that in Jessica's neighborhood but hadn't heard that about Superior. FYI.

Other places have identified the car as a Dodge Neon with a spoiler. I haven't a clue what it is. I remember the days when one could actually and easily tell one brand of car from another.

Me too. These days it's easier to tell the year than the make and model.

Hi peeps. Have no idea what's going on with the case. I got frozen out or something (other than header, page wouldn't show) so I gave up. Anybody know what's going on? I had gotten far enough in the thread earlier to read that the same thing happened to others this morning. :waitasec:

I've been having that trouble all evening. I finally cleared my cache and it's better, though not perfect.

Its the Motley ads. I had to enable to my browser but now I dont have any trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee