CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even "runaways" or, perhaps, especially "runaways" can be abducted.

Yes.... And the fact that a minor has run away usually indicates he/she is at r isk... Either running from a questionable situation... Or running to a questionable situation...

And minors may be putting themselves at risk by attempting to live out "in the world" having minimal/survival skills.

And young decision making skills...

JMO

I have a feeling (which my feelings have been mistaken in the past) that the person knows the family in some way. It just seems like too much of a coincidence-somewhat tight time frame for abduction, mother already has phone turned off for day to sleep, custody hearing for Dad. I feel like somehow he knew these things or at the very least knew her morning school habits.

I do not think the 18 year old is related. The story was sensationalized greatly at the beginning from unethical media sources wishing to cash in on drama. Then, I am also making the assumption LE actually...you know, knocked on the ex-girlfriend's door and spoke with her so the excuse holds up. Unless that is being too optimistic?

I'm curious too about acquaintances, boyfriends, co-workers, etc. of the mom, aunt and grandmother.

I think mom has a sister, RR (wasn't sure about putting her whole name) who I think I found on FB. She is "in a relationship" with a guy JF with a profile picture that shows just a portion of a female face, a blonde with glasses, making a kissy face next to him. Maybe it's the aunt but looks a bit like JR, although like I said, its only a part of the female face. Has anyone else seen this? It's probably nothing.

Nick McGurk
‏@nickmcgurk
All day, people have been visiting memorial near where Jessica Ridgeway was found. Not a lot of talking. Lots of tears pic.twitter.com/rFGNS3Nq

A5MhBb4CYAEvVHl.jpg

I hope I don't blow the margins too bad. The photo shows a good perspective of the scene.

I wonder who babysat/stayed with Jessica when her mom was at work during the night shift and I wonder where they were when she left for school.

I wonder who babysat/stayed with Jessica when her mom was at work during the night shift and I wonder where they were when she left for school.

Jessica's grandmother, they lived with her.

If they honestly thought it was him, they wouldn't let him go. They would find something to keep him in jail for. They said that harassment charges might be followed, if it was him they would make those harrasment charges immediately just so they have in jail. If they let him go that easily, it's not him.

Not necessarily. It means they don't THINK it's him. That they bought his story, or that they checked and his story doesn't have as many holes in it as it seems from looking at what's been reported in the media.

me too.
they cannot link it simply b/c they aren't ready to arrest. otherwise they would have said they have ruled out a connection.
they are speaking in negatives and not positives. therefore it is still in the mix.

I'm starting to get pretty convinced they are connected.

I wonder who babysat/stayed with Jessica when her mom was at work during the night shift and I wonder where they were when she left for school.[/QUOTE

She lived with her mother, grandmother and aunt. It was stated early on, in MSM, that her mom and grandmother watched J when the other was working.

I have a feeling (which my feelings have been mistaken in the past) that the person knows the family in some way. It just seems like too much of a coincidence-somewhat tight time frame for abduction, mother already has phone turned off for day to sleep, custody hearing for Dad. I feel like somehow he knew these things or at the very least knew her morning school habits.

I do not think the 18 year old is related. The story was sensationalized greatly at the beginning from unethical media sources wishing to cash in on drama. Then, I am also making the assumption LE actually...you know, knocked on the ex-girlfriend's door and spoke with her so the excuse holds up. Unless that is being too optimistic?

I completely agree... I think with everything considered... the timeline for her being grabbed is just too damn tight. It was only a couple of blocks and the people she was meeting, if calculations are correct, should already have been waiting at the park for her before she got there.

I don't think this was a media conspiracy to "cash-in" on anything, but I do think people are scared -- and rightly so! -- and reporters are people, too. At the end of the day, it's nearly impossible to be totally unbiased, and their "bias" towards being scared completely showed, in how this was being reported. I can't say I completely blame them.

Also... the fact that the police questioned this kid for so long and then released him, but said that a harassment order may be in the works just goes to show that this kid was, perhaps innocently and stupidly and not necessarily dangerously, behaving in a way towards his ex-girlfriend that was crossing boundaries and was inappropriate. If it turns out that it is indeed harassment, well, that's the beginning of inappropriate relationship patterns that, if continued, could eventually result in domestic violence. We all know how people who commit domestic violence have early and predictable patterns of behavior that escalate through the years and through experience. If that is the case with this kid, I imagine this whole messy scenario is a HUGE wake-up call.

New here and this is my first post.

I'm a father of 2 beautiful son's that lives in Arvada. This being so close to home has me angry. Not scared, not worried, but mad. Part of my anger is directed towards parents in this neighborhood who are still allowing their kids to walk to and from school alone, some as young as kindergarten. I just don't get it as I've walked my oldest son to and from school everyday.

I'm also angry that some coward has come into my community and done this evil deed. An innocent child DOES NOT deserve to be the victim of whatever sick and twisted thoughts that this coward has in his head. I'm only hoping that he made a mistake that will allow him to be caught in a timely manner. Of course he'd also be doing the world a favor if he just took himself out in a manner as painful as possible.

or now they know who he is and can watch him. they need evidence to arrest and prosecute.

Not necessarily. It means they don't THINK it's him. That they bought his story, or that they checked and his story doesn't have as many holes in it as it seems from looking at what's been reported in the media.

I'm still about 9 or 10 pages back today, but something has crossed my mind that I can't stop thinking about. This open space park that is popular with photographers/etc... was it accessible during the road closure in the area? I understand the road runs directly beside it, but can it be accessed from another road?

I'm going to try to explain my thoughts without sounding confusing. IF the open space park is accessible by another road, would the section of the park where Jessica was found be considered the back?

I ask this because I wonder if the perp did not know the road was open to traffic again (he might not have seen any cars, especially if it was nighttime when he left her), so in placing her at what might be the back of the park, he thought she was hidden well. He might have thought, "no one comes way out here to the back of the park, and with no traffic on this road, she'll remain here for a long time."

Yes I've read posts about seeing tire tracks near the spot where Jessica was found. My suggestion doesn't align with this. The tracks could have been from another car from another day?

Leyden Road (aka 82nd ave) only connects to Indiana, Quaker and Colorado 93. A new road is being constructed for a housing development to the north, but it's a dead end. There are a couple of dirt tracks that also go north, but they are also dead ends.

While Leyden Road was closed between Quaker and Colorado 93, there were signs indicating this on both Indiana and Colorado 93. Any regular traveler on those roads would have known when it opened.

The area can be access by walking or horseback, but if the killer did that why leave the body next to the road?

We don't know if LE found tire tracks in front of the culvert. There did seem to be some when I visited on Saturday morning, but they may have been left after the body was removed.

"WESTMINSTER — Jessica Ridgeway's aunt, Trish Espejo, was among the hundreds who came to a candlelight vigil at Westminster City Park at sunset Saturday night, listening to poems read for her niece and leaning hard on the support of friends."

snip

"Espejo said she is constantly in tears because she "can't go anywhere without seeing her face" on the "missing" fliers still posted all over northwest Denver and its suburbs.
"Every time I look in my rear-view mirror it crushes me because there's a poster in my car window and I see her face. But I can't bring myself to take it down," Espejo said. "She's smiling so happily."
Asked about the search for Jessica's killer, Espejo said, "I pray for him.""

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...g-hundreds-at-candlelight-vigil#ixzz29JJ6PJ5F

I believe that the police would be nothing but EXTRA careful right now in their questioning and releasing anyone suspicious. I think it was a heartbroken 18 yr old who had no idea the fear he was causing. At some point we have to trust the police know what they are doing. Although that isn't always the case, this investigation and this PD have given me no sign to distrust them or their work.

Nick McGurk
‏@nickmcgurk
All day, people have been visiting memorial near where Jessica Ridgeway was found. Not a lot of talking. Lots of tears pic.twitter.com/rFGNS3Nq

A5MhBb4CYAEvVHl.jpg

I hope I don't blow the margins too bad. The photo shows a good perspective of the scene.

Off-topic... this sure is beautiful country! Very typical American-West type scenery. Very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz