CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New here and this is my first post.

I'm a father of 2 beautiful son's that lives in Arvada. This being so close to home has me angry. Not scared, not worried, but mad. Part of my anger is directed towards parents in this neighborhood who are still allowing their kids to walk to and from school alone, some as young as kindergarten. I just don't get it as I've walked my oldest son to and from school everyday.

I'm also angry that some coward has come into my community and done this evil deed. An innocent child DOES NOT deserve to be the victim of whatever sick and twisted thoughts that this coward has in his head. I'm only hoping that he made a mistake that will allow him to be caught in a timely manner. Of course he'd also be doing the world a favor if he just took himself out in a manner as painful as possible.

Welcome! My daughter lives in Westminster and has noticed the same thing on her way to work and on her way home. Lot's of unattended children just walking around. I just said not alllllllll parents are good parents I guess.

New here and this is my first post.

I'm a father of 2 beautiful son's that lives in Arvada. This being so close to home has me angry. Not scared, not worried, but mad. Part of my anger is directed towards parents in this neighborhood who are still allowing their kids to walk to and from school alone, some as young as kindergarten. I just don't get it as I've walked my oldest son to and from school everyday.

I'm also angry that some coward has come into my community and done this evil deed. An innocent child DOES NOT deserve to be the victim of whatever sick and twisted thoughts that this coward has in his head. I'm only hoping that he made a mistake that will allow him to be caught in a timely manner. Of course he'd also be doing the world a favor if he just took himself out in a manner as painful as possible.

Your anger is justified and shared. Why some creeps think what they want is worth an innocent life is just beyond me!
I'm sorry this is happening in your area. So frightening. I am glad you walk your kids to school. I did also. I live in the home my husband grew up in and he used to say "I walked alone and I was fine." I just nodded and said "ok, back in a minute :)". Not worth the risk.
FYI - not to make your day worse, but there is another little girl missing from Arvada. The link to a post about it upthread a page or so. :(

I believe that the police would be nothing but EXTRA careful right now in their questioning and releasing anyone suspicious. I think it was a heartbroken 18 yr old who had no idea the fear he was causing. At some point we have to trust the police know what they are doing. Although that isn't always the case, this investigation and this PD have given me no sign to distrust them or their work.

Very true, but police aren't infallible, either. Was it Gary Ridgway who was interviewed by police in his apartment while he had a victim tied up in the other room, and they cleared him? One of the more well known serial killers, anyway.

Suspect in WY attack has lived in Woodland Park and Estes Park, CO.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

it was originally reported that he told the boy to get in the car, and then he got out and tried to grab him.

WHY would someone try to get info from a 13 yo boy this way? esp someone who fits the description of an attempted luring suspect? I guess some people are complete idiots.

But he did not try to get the boy into the car, or try to grab him when he got out of the car. I believe it was reported he called out to him, and then got out of the car to try to explain what he wanted. IMO it is what the police stated-a misunderstanding, not an abduction attempt.

Very true, but police aren't infallible, either. Was it Gary Ridgway who was interviewed by police in his apartment while he had a victim tied up in the other room, and they cleared him? One of the more well known serial killers, anyway.

I do not rememer precisely but is that ever scary.
Yes, we are all just human.
Except the few that we come here to try and figure out!

Police also let Polly Klass' killer go during a traffic stop while she was still alive in the trunk.

I agree, every human makes mistakes (sometimes with HUGE consequences). I just trust they checked him out thouroughly. Others might not, and that is ok, that is their feelings.

For mention, a homicide in Aurora yesterday.

AURORA, Colo. - Police say a homicide discovered in Aurora Saturday night was probably not random.

Investigators were called to the southwestern part of the city at about 11:15 p.m. Saturday after an acquaintance of the victim found the body. The acquaintance did not live at the address but had gone over to meet with the male victim.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...act?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I know some who live in Colorado may disagree with me....but as one who has only lived in this state for about 5 yrs...Aurora CO has a reputation to me and most of those I have met, as being a not so safe area. I actually lived on the base there for awhile and I hated driving off base. In fact, to those who are attached to the base, the base tells its members and residents that it is best to not live in or hang around what is commonly called the "Buckley Rectangle". It is an area of Aurora that the base has deemed "not safe". This shooting/murder falls right into that area.

Aurora has a major major gang problem and shootings and killings seem to be the norm. Aurora seems to always be on the news for shootings and murders. When I first heard about the Aurora theater shooting - BEFORE it hit the news - as I have connections to that base still and know of a few of the victims....my first thought is that it was gang related.

When I bought my house...I purposely sought neighborhoods far far away from Aurora.

I definitely had not heard that. The idea in my post could also go for a coworker. You get to feel comfortable with someone, tell them about your family, sometimes you don't even realize how much information you're actually sharing.

And some of us moms love to keep pics of our little darlings at our desk/cubicle/etc....

how can this be possible? those parents should be arrested for neglect.

Welcome! My daughter lives in Westminster and has noticed the same thing on her way to work and on her way home. Lot's of unattended children just walking around. I just said not alllllllll parents are good parents I guess.

I don't think this was a media conspiracy to "cash-in" on anything, but I do think people are scared -- and rightly so! -- and reports are people, too. At the end of the day, it's nearly impossible to be totally unbiased, and their "bias" towards being scared completely showed, in how this was being reported. I can't say I completely blame them.

One media source basically made up an entire story about what happened that included things that no other source reported and both Mom and LE and the kid say never happened. To me, that is trying to cash in from that one specific source and really, really annoys me when media does that. It is ok to be scared, hyper-aware, or even biased, but when you basically throw out complete lies I feel like that spreads misinformation that could be quite costly. Like, people I saw on other sites were basically ready to find this kid and murder him themselves because they were convinced he was a child rapist dismembering monster because of some of the lies. THAT scares me. I used to work in media a long time ago though so I am extra sensitive when it comes to responsible reporting. Even some of the descriptions of poor Jessica's body have annoyed me because they seem unnecessarily sensationalist.

I am grateful we have Websleuths here. We are fairly level-headed!

That's just typical Aurora. They have quite a few homicides.
Yeah, apparently....This is really O/T, but I had thought of the man who abducted and sexually assaulted me when I was a teenager as a possible suspect because he lived in the area, until I Googled his name and found out that HE was actually murdered, in Aurora, in 2010 :what:

Your anger is justified and shared. Why some creeps think what they want is worth an innocent life is just beyond me!
I'm sorry this is happening in your area. So frightening. I am glad you walk your kids to school. I did also. I live in the home my husband grew up in and he used to say "I walked alone and I was fine." I just nodded and said "ok, back in a minute :)". Not worth the risk.
FYI - not to make your day worse, but there is another little girl missing from Arvada. The link to a post about it upthread a page or so. :(

Actually, the girl that was missing was from Denver, not Arvada. She ran away on Friday and was found today.

me too.
they cannot link it simply b/c they aren't ready to arrest. otherwise they would have said they have ruled out a connection.
they are speaking in negatives and not positives. therefore it is still in the mix.

He/she/they who ever abducted and killed little Jessica and the car are probably long gone now.In a different state?on the run? He probably won't be using the car any more.It's probably abandoned somewhere.

can you pls PM me with the link? I've tried to find it and can't.

TIA

Can't link because it's against TOS but if you go to the site and type Jessica Ridgeway in the search box you will see the catagory mentioned in my post.

Just curious why the grandmother didn't answer the phone while mom slept.

Can we please tone down the "mass hysteria,drama, and sensationalized" comments. LE was putting out the BOLO and giving the same descripton as the suspect that was trying to abduct kids. Even if it was a coincidence, his car and physical description matched someone who has been trying to abduct kids in Arvada. The boy's Mom said the guy had no licenses plate on the back of his car. They wouldn't have questioned him for 7 hours for nothing, he was suspicious to them. They let him go, there was nothng to hold him on.

Sounds like he's a person who chose to do something dumb, like stalking his ex gf and make himself suspicious by parking and trying to get a minor to do something for him. Still, that's over the top, and if nothing else now he knows it's illegal to stalk anyone. If I was the girl's parent, I would get a restraining order against him, at this point, because this is unacceptable behavior.

It's not mass hysteria for people in that whole area to have seen this as a potential suspect and hope to God the nightmare was ending. They live in an area where a child has been murdered and all her body parts haven't been discovered yet. I think anyone who would say it's mass hysteria is being callous and disrespectable to the people who have children and have to live in that environment. They desperately want the suspect caught and many of them are posting here and reading if not members.

it was originally reported that he told the boy to get in the car, and then he got out and tried to grab him.

WHY would someone try to get info from a 13 yo boy this way? esp someone who fits the description of an attempted luring suspect? I guess some people are complete idiots.

An 18yo young man-yes, can be a complete idiot. The 13yo's mother said in her statement to the press last night that she wasn't sure it was an abduction attempt. She did the right thing, and so did her son-and some news reports are sensationalized. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tkm0284