CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to be dismissive, so please don't take it this way...

I wouldn't take anything on his website or his blog or his facebook where he writes about his art with too much seriousness. I've taken so many art classes and everyone talks that way when critiquing or describing pieces. It's just the nature of art classes. It's sometimes hilariously pretentious, too. I was once at a Rothko exhibit and just stood there in front of these huge panels that were painted literally, like, one or two colors. I had to stifle laughter on so many occasions because the people around me were talking about the "spirituality" of the colors and the "juxtapositions" of life and death and so on and so forth.

Here's a bit of levity, I think we all need it:

Play It Again Sam - Allan trying to talk to a girl - YouTube

Lol

There is a painting in my state art gallery that cost hundreds of thousands, and it consists of a square canvas painted black with a red edging.

I'm not kidding.

BBM. LOL, exactly my impression about his writing about his photos and in general.

His photos are beautiful (IMO) but I agree about the writing. I am a photographer and have heard this type of speak more times to count. Since photography tends to be an "always moving" form of art you may start out facinated by one type of photography (B&W, color, computer altered) or one specific genre. Then one day your interest perks in another area and off you go. Photography "transitions" are par for the course. JMO

One thing I've been wondering lately is whether Jessica's father has made any enemies who might have wanted to retaliate. (Note that I am in no way blaming the father or suggesting he might be involved.) It seems like that kind of violence against somebody is often to get revenge or retaliate against somebody who's thought to be a snitch.

I have been wondering the same exact thing in regards to any of her family. The whole crime just screams of rage to me. I think if you cross anger/rage with some personality disorders, you can get very ugly results. I am just so sad for her poor parents. :(

Just because the police arrest somebody doesn't mean they have the right person. That's why we have trials.

NO sleuthing of non-players, including family and friends of the suspect.

holy mother of ****

Forgive me if someone has already mentioned this, but...

I just searched what you suggested. Found the guy, found the facebook page with the same name (a photographer)...

Found his photography blog...scrolled down....

(from blog) I stumbled onto this scene by chance three years ago, and was instantly struck the powerful juxtaposition of vitality and death. I called the tree “The Guardian”. This past October, I revisited the unassuming location and found that the tree had fallen. I’m glad to have found (and photographed) the tree while it stood in its stately repose.

Uhhhh....:what:

I am not really up on all the facts about the WY case, but weren't there two men who found her pretty soon after she was left? Is it possible he noticed them, and he was interrupted and ran off before killing his victim there?

Two men with their young sons found the WY girl that day. The perp dropped her off and she went running for about half an hour before the hunters found her. She thought it was the perp coming back for her so it is great that she did not hide bc otherwise she could have died from exposure.

But I get your point. Perhaps he just did not finish the job, so to speak. He was interrupted by something but I don't think it was those specific hunters bc it was a half hour lag.

He might also have had to be somewhere by a certain time. He took her at 4 and let her out 8:15.

I wonder if CO LE will make any kind of statement to reinforce their belief that the two crimes are not connected.

He's 18, teenage thought processes are not always wise and logical...to say the least. He may be stalking or just a lovesick teenager. The thing that bugs me is the no license plate. That makes me suspicious.

Could have had a temporary tag in the window that was obscured by the tinting.

Or the license plate could have been there but obscured by road dirt.

9NEWS Denver‏@9NEWS

Update from FBI on Cody, WYOMING abduction. Suspect arrested in Montana. Press Conference tomorrow at 10AM

Two men with their young sons found the WY girl that day. The perp dropped her off and she went running for about half an hour before the hunters found her. She thought it was the perp coming back for her so it is great that she did not hide bc otherwise she could have died from exposure.

But I get your point. Perhaps he just did not finish the job, so to speak. He was interrupted by something but I don't think it was those specific hunters bc it was a half hour lag.

He might also have had to be somewhere by a certain time. He took her at 4 and let her out 8:15.

I read an article, forgive me for not providing a link, it would take me forever to find it right now, but in it they spoke with the wife of one if the hunters who apparently mistook the headlights coming down the road for that of her husbands coming home. Afterwards they realized that their car was still back into woods, and that she must have seen the abductor's headlights. So it sounded like both parties were moving about the same area in the time span, KWIM?
In any case, I just found it so very odd that he didn't kill his victim in WY, it never sat right with me. Not that I am not rejoicing that he didn't!!!

Reminder:

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65798"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

A comment about blocking ads.

I am not Tricia but I know a little about how the internet works. A site that uses this much bandwidth costs money; Tricia's server bill is a lot higher than your average cable modem bill. Those ads are no doubt how Tricia keeps WS open!

So unless you have paid the one time fee to do WS ad-free, wait until the current glitchiness is over and then turn the ads back on. If Tricia can't cover the various expenses inherent in running a site like that, she won't be able to do it.

In the interests of full disclosure, I downloaded and paid for a copy of for Safari on the Macintosh. As soon as the message goes out from mods that the bugs have been ironed out, I will turn the ads back on or figure some way to pay Tricia for an ad-free WS.

I have a feeling that although Tricia's heart is pure gold, she's not made of money. She needs the ad revenue to keep WS going. And there sure are a lot of us who need WS!

MisterMayor sounds much younger by his voice than he does in his posts.

9NEWS Denver‏@9NEWS

Update from FBI on Cody, WYOMING abduction. Suspect arrested in Montana. Press Conference tomorrow at 10AM
:eek: Tomorrow morning at 10!?!?!? :thud:

JPS (Cody WY suspect) once lived in Estes Park, Colorado-Less than 60 miles from Westminster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member