CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are saying ruled out I am assuming there is some good reason for doing so. Either a rushed DNA test or some sort of hardcore proof he could NOT have done it (like, proof he was in an entirely other state at the time).

Everyone is saying how creepy this guy is, but what is creepy to me is he seems so absolutely normal. I have friends like him who dress like him photograph stuff like him type like him. If a friend had sent me his photography I would be like, oh cool. He should meet with ______ (one of my friends).
I wish monsters looked like monsters. Life would be easier.

ITA. I've seen lots of photography lots his. It only looks "creepy" when you know what he may have done. I totally would have brought him into my photography circle based on his photos/bio. Gives me the chills to think he may have done that to the WY girl.

To get a court order for something like that would take no time. You walk into a judges office, show the evidential reasons you need the DNA and drive over and swab.

Yep, BethInAK, just mosey on out to the golf course and get the judge to sign it...

on his website he also mentions a "girlfriend" who appears to be pictured in some of his work...wonder what she thinks of this man now? Hopefully, she is safe and has been located by LE to share her knowledge about this person.

Not sure ... but I'm guessing he has taken a lot of solo photography trips and that she is now looking at the dates and wondering about other missing children.

a couple things about his theory that don't connect for me:

* if it was a "crime of opportunity" and if he simply "snapped", how is it that it was also not random and was well thought out and planned in advance

and how is it that he would have also been fantasizing and repressing this for a long time?

and why is it that he would likely do it again soon? does his GF/wife go away frequently on weekends, as was suggested, to give him more opportunities? does he have Fridays-Sundays off?

if the way the remains were transported and found was simply due to convenience or necessity (for carrying and concealment), is this perp engaged in a sexual motive or a pedophiliac motive prior to the act that causes the remains to be found this way?
Could have been a crime of opportunity for an orderly person who knows the area. Some people can react in a very organized way no matter what comes their way.

I keep going back to Holly Jones, and the guy who was looking at *advertiser censored* that night who just snapped. He said he had fantasized about it for a long time, and an opportunity just presented itself. He did not intend to kill her, though, just rape her. The killing was an accident.

Maybe he travels a lot. Maybe he "hikes", or has a hobby that keeps him out for a day or two once or twice a month.

Don't have a clue for the last question.

What really worries me, is that there could be someone out there who is has observed a friend, relative, co-worker, etc., exhibiting the behavior that the FBI said to look out for. I'm worried that they may be thinking, "Oh! There's no way he would be capable of doing something so bad". So, they're not making that phone call.

In the Samantha Runnion case, http://crime.about.com/od/current/p/runnion.htm

Neighbors of Alejandro Avila noticed that he not only was thoroughly cleaning his green Acura, but swapped tires from the Acura with another one of his cars. A couple of them notified LE about what they observed. I just hope that if someone sees something like this, that they call it in. Even if they feel like this person isn't capable of doing something like this.

Wouldn't there be DNA from the WY girl's rape kit?

It surprises me that someone would dismember a victim, put her remains in secluded places, put the backpack in another location - all of which appear to be about going to great lengths to not leave evidence, and then leave DNA evidence. That doesn't add up properly ... unless police leaked that there was DNA evidence to spook the guy.

Who is Mister Mayor?
A new member with lots of info/ ideas about what happened to Jessica.

I wonder if LE will be listening to it for ideas?

I wonder if they found the Wyoming guy easier because the girl recognised the photos in his car as being professional or staged looking. That might have narrowed him down to a professional photographer who owned a white car.

It surprises me that someone would dismember a victim, put her remains in secluded places, put the backpack in another location - all of which appear to be about going to great lengths to not leave evidence, and then leave DNA evidence. That doesn't add up properly ... unless police leaked that there was DNA evidence to spook the guy.

LE hasn't officially leaked anything about DNA have they?

Anyway, even when people are being very careful-there could have been as little as one hair, one bit of saliva, etc...

On the looks thing- I have noticed that a lot of sex offenders seem to be begin looking and some even good looking. Here in Australlia, a lot of people were shocked to discover the Jillian Meagher suspect because he is so normal looking and doesn't look at all like he would be capable of such a violent crime. He looked like a nice, normal, friendly guy.

Westminster PD has never said they do or do not have DNA from perp in Jessica's case. It is conjecture on a poster's point of view.

LE hasn't officially leaked anything about DNA have they?

Anyway, even when people are being very careful-there could have been as little as one hair, one bit of saliva, etc...

No. My understanding is that there is no information regarding the collection of DNA evidence from Jessica or the crime scene.

Just wanted to post that this has been done, so hopefully we can stop speculating and focus on Jessica again - and let LE sort out the connection or non-connection between the two cases.

:offtobed:

Here is a recent post on the WPD facebook page:

"Westminster PD--- The FBI has been able to rule out the Wyoming abductor in our case."
36 minutes ago ·

Sorry was about 15 pages behind (still about 7 or 8 behind) when I learned of the WY perp being caught and posted my thoughts. Now that I'm catching up more I see that you guys are annoyed with this topic :blushing: i apologize and moving on... can't keep up. need to be in bed, have classes tomorrow bright and early but trying so hard to catch up!!

On the looks thing- I have noticed that a lot of sex offenders seem to be begin looking and some even good looking. Here in Australlia, a lot of people were shocked to discover the Jillian Meagher suspect because he is so normal looking and doesn't look at all like he would be capable of such a violent crime. He looked like a nice, normal, friendly guy.

Same with Mickey Shunick's killer, if just going by looks; a lot of people thought he was good-looking.

No way to tell...hope LE reiterates their speech about looking at neighbors and friends often, if indeed they do not have a suspect.

I noticed that. The weird thing is I had never heard of "open spaces" referred to like that prior to this case. :waitasec:

FYI, here in Colorado "Open Space" is a formal designation made by cities and counties. In most cases, the city or county actually owns and maintains the Open Space area. These areas are set aside to prevent potential overdevelopment, create recreational areas, protect wildlife habitats or as in the case of Boulder, to ensure there is a clear divide between one city and the next.

If they are saying ruled out I am assuming there is some good reason for doing so. Either a rushed DNA test or some sort of hardcore proof he could NOT have done it (like, proof he was in an entirely other state at the time).

Everyone is saying how creepy this guy is, but what is creepy to me is he seems so absolutely normal. I have friends like him who dress like him photograph stuff like him type like him. If a friend had sent me his photography I would be like, oh cool. He should meet with ______ (one of my friends).
I wish monsters looked like monsters. Life would be easier.

His work reminds me of Katelyn Markham and her Awesome Art...Still missing..

I wish we could look at people and see MONSTER on their forehead...

I have told you guys that I am a Guardian Ad Litem in Florida...Father is a RSO and so is his father!!!...He was just given custody of his 7 and 11 year old boys..Grandmother has had them since 2005 when he went to prison. She is soon to be 71 years and is totally exhausted..such a sad case and I advised against it...So much for My Opinion..Sadest thing is that the case was from Pinellas County...What in the H3ll do the the people down there Drink...CrAZY kOOL-aID?

RSO Dad promised me that he was "Reformed" and "Will Not Re-offend"...well the oldest boy has been "sexually exprimenting" on his younger brother..DCF opened a case...I thought it would slow things down..Did NOT!! WTF...The oldest was interviewed by a Child Protection Team member and his memories of a few weeks with birthmother and boyfriend made my Cry!! Can not even go there....So SAD..

Just Sounding off..thanks Guys...I need to get to bed...Leaving in the PM to head for Orlando and will visit Caylee' s site...Got the addy for the Elem. School...only 7 miles from DH's office.

Websleuths is very important to me...sometimes I just have to take a BREAK for my personal Sanity..

Dear God Please Bless Jessica R's Family and Friends..May she run and play with Caylee and ALL the others that are such sweet Angels!!

Off to bed...xoxo..Sally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member