CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He (jessie Speer) would just be the perfect suspect for Jessica's murder, I wonder if LE claiming it is unrelated is just LE speak for "it's unrelated until we find evidence to say it is related."

it is only a 10hr (or so) drive.....

w/out knowing what all LE knows, it is impossible for us to know if there is a connection....but it is hard not to think there is.

unfortunately, there are so many sickos out there... :/

He (jessie Speer) would just be the perfect suspect for Jessica's murder, I wonder if LE claiming it is unrelated is just LE speak for "it's unrelated until we find evidence to say it is related."

CO police seem pretty firm in telling the public to look at their neighbors, even their family members...of course they could be wrong, but they may have good reason to believe this is a local perp living among the community. Still, I feel certain they are not ignoring the possibilities of a connection.

I stumbled onto this scene by chance three years ago, and was instantly struck the powerful juxtaposition of vitality and death. I called the tree “The Guardian”.

:what:

Wasn't Jessica found under a dying tree?

If he is responsible for the Cody abduction, he doesn't come across cute to me. Ugly is more like it.

I didn't think I was being unclear about my words, but what I was referring to was if I had come across that particular person on an ordinary day, doing ordinary things, he would not stand out as being lecherous, scary, a creeper, or even unattractive, and that, in the context of an ordinary day, doing ordinary things, I could see how some people would even find that guy "cute".

Context matters, and I guess I wasn't clear about that context.

One thing that seems inconsistent, to me, is that the Wyoming assault happened after the disappearance of Jessica. The later victim is still alive. IMO, it seems unlikely he would kill on the 5th/6th and let a victim live on the 8th. Thoughts?

I think he is 37-38 because it mentions he would have graduated college in 1997 but took time off. If you look at the comments on his FB page before this happened there are tons of comments telling him to have a great trip, looking forward to seeing the photos, etc. seems well liked. I also read his photos were in ritz Carlton, backpacker, etc magazines so he is an accomplished photographer.

The fact that he set out on sept 28 for a trip to take photos ( and we know he takes photos in wy, co, mt) is weird for me. I am sure we will know soon enough if there is a connection to JR bc this person would have to account for whereabouts, w gas receipts, credit cards, etc.

And they have the car. jVM mentioned a white van following children the day before the abduction.

Since the wy girl kicked him in the nose making him bleed there could be DNA in the part of the car she did that in.

I agree w above poster that if there was another 30 something Woman in the car (which we don't know, or it is only wild speculation) a child would be much much less frightened and possibly talk to the person. But the girls in Wy did not report a woman so I think it would just be the man working alone. He was also gone for a few weeks so he probably would be alone bc no one could take that much time off from work.

Oh, I wasn't doubting it is him... the sketch is perfect.

I was just surprised that this whole time people were looking for someone much older. But I remember when I was a kid, everyone looked really old to me. Also, him spending so much time outdoors would probably have caused a lot of wrinkles. To a child, those wrinkles would have made him seem old even if he wouldn't look old to other people...

I'm thinking, if he still has a girlfriend, that she was not involved. I'm wondering if they recently broke up, and if that was behind him deciding to take a "road trip"...?

Hopefully LE will develop all his film soon! To see if he happened to take a picture of another fallen tree... Still freaked out!

It does have the picture, which is not the same place poor Jessica's body was found. It was wooded area, which the crime scene definitely is not. moo

Not to be too conspiracy theorist-y crime novelist plottish-y, but my thought was, this fella wouldn't want to share the photo of his SPECIAL TREE. But he couldn't help but talk about it on his blog, as he's been obsessing about plotting his crime for months, and juxtaposing his innocent victim near the stark guardian tree, which is also 'cut down', like his victim.

But can't post the crime scene. So I'll post this other tree, photoshop it up so it looks like a painting!

Just an off the wall crazy theory. But I gotta say, when I read that post, it sent shivers down my spine and made me want to throw up.

One thing that seems inconsistent, to me, is that the Wyoming assault happened after the disappearance of Jessica. The later victim is still alive. IMO, it seems unlikely he would kill on the 5th/6th and let a victim live on the 8th. Thoughts?

I am not really up on all the facts about the WY case, but weren't there two men who found her pretty soon after she was left? Is it possible he noticed them, and he was interrupted and ran off before killing his victim there?

I think if the Wyoming suspect killed Jessica, she would never have been found. He probably would have left her in some remote area, possibly even in another state.

I think if the Wyoming suspect killed Jessica, she would never have been found. He probably would have left her in some remote area, possibly even in another state.

I agree. Think it's highly unlikely they are the same person, even though I wish they were.

Not to be too conspiracy theorist-y crime novelist plottish-y, but my thought was, this fella wouldn't want to share the photo of his SPECIAL TREE. But he couldn't help but talk about it on his blog, as he's been obsessing about plotting his crime for months, and juxtaposing his innocent victim near the stark guardian tree, which is also 'cut down', like his victim.

But can't post the crime scene. So I'll post this other tree, photoshop it up so it looks like a painting!

Just an off the wall crazy theory. But I gotta say, when I read that post, it sent shivers down my spine and made me want to throw up.

I don't want to be dismissive, so please don't take it this way...

I wouldn't take anything on his website or his blog or his facebook where he writes about his art with too much seriousness. I've taken so many art classes and everyone talks that way when critiquing or describing pieces. It's just the nature of art classes. It's sometimes hilariously pretentious, too. I was once at a Rothko exhibit and just stood there in front of these huge panels that were painted literally, like, one or two colors. I had to stifle laughter on so many occasions because the people around me were talking about the "spirituality" of the colors and the "juxtapositions" of life and death and so on and so forth.

Here's a bit of levity, I think we all need it:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o"]Play It Again Sam - Allan trying to talk to a girl - YouTube[/ame]

I gotta say my eyes almost bulged out of my head when I read that paragraph about the fallen tree! Creepy! Very very odd coincidence.

I don't want to be dismissive, so please don't take it this way...

I wouldn't take anything on his website or his blog or his facebook where he writes about his art with too much seriousness. I've taken so many art classes and everyone talks that way when critiquing or describing pieces. It's just the nature of art classes. It's sometimes hilariously pretentious, too. I was once at a Rothko exhibit and just stood there in front of these huge panels that were painted literally, like, one or two colors. I had to stifle laughter on so many occasions because the people around me were talking about the "spirituality" of the colors and the "juxtapositions" of life and death and so on and so forth.

Here's a bit of levity, I think we all need it:

Play It Again Sam - Allan trying to talk to a girl - YouTube

BBM. LOL, exactly my impression about his writing about his photos and in general.

I feel like gettin g in my truck, turning up the stereo as loud as it will go and drive for a while so I can scream my head off!!!! I am so upset! I am so mad! I am so tempted to go down there when he is caught and tried to look him in
the face and spit words out!!!

War! ON CHILDREN!!!!!!! I am sick of these pervs, then when it goes to trial, he will have more rights than that child or her mother ever had...... GAHHHHHH!!!

One thing I've been wondering lately is whether Jessica's father has made any enemies who might have wanted to retaliate. (Note that I am in no way blaming the father or suggesting he might be involved.) It seems like that kind of violence against somebody is often to get revenge or retaliate against somebody who's thought to be a snitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member