Found Deceased CO - Jonelle Matthews, 12, Greeley, 20 Dec 1984 *arrest 2020*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How recent are the remains? NAMUS shows 7 people missing from Weld County with the oldest case being Jonelle Matthews:

Jonelle Matthews, 1984: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
CO - CO - Jonelle Matthews, 12, Greeley, 20 Dec 1984

Eric Maurilio Xooc Puc, 1997: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Rosario Ramirez-Lujan, 2001: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Aubrey Caroline Sacco, 2009: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Nepal - Aubrey Sacco, 23, Langtang, 20 April 2010 *Arrest*
(Aubrey actually disappeared in Nepal so I think we can rule her out)

Robert William Wright, 2016: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Ever Martin Orozco-Salcido, 2017: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
CO - CO - Ever Martin Orozco-Salcido, 29, Weld County, Dec 2017

Terri Ann Ackerman, 2018: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
CO - CO - Terri Ackerman, 56, Lochbuie, 24 Aug 2018

*updating with WS thread links as I find them

Gardener1850, Time and time again, you provide us with loads of added, important info.
Thanks again.:):):)

Local here. I think it’s more likely someone from the Greeley area. Longmont is at the very western edge of Weld county and spills into Boulder county. There are much better places to hide a body (mountains) that would be closer to Longmont.
I would love for Jonelle to be found, but surely there has been some activity at this site since she disappeared and they probably would’ve found her already? It is a decent possibility with respect to her house though.
Thanks for the list @Gardener1850! I’m off to read through each!

Last edited:
Local here. I think it’s more likely someone from the Greeley area. Longmont is at the very western edge of Weld county and spills into Boulder county. There are much better places to hide a body (mountains) that would be closer to Longmont.
RSBM.
Agree. Used to live in Longmont some moons ago. Would seem more likely to head towards the mountains than crossing I25.

MOO

CO - Remains Found at Oil and Gas Site, Weld County, 24 July, 2019.

“Sheriff Steve Reams has confirmed his agency is assisting with the recovery of human remains discovered at an oil and gas site in rural Weld County.”

Snip

“The remains were discovered some time Tuesday night while workers were constructing a new pipeline at the site about a quarter of a mile northwest of the intersection of Weld County Road 49 and Weld 34 1/2. It is not yet known who operates the facility.“

Weld County Sheriff Steve Reams confirms discovery of human remains at oil and gas site

0c5cd989-f837-4420-9dd8-2ba2e19aa08d-BreakingNewsBodyDiscovered-072419-1-1024x614.jpg

Oilfield workers discovered bones in rural Weld County northwest of CR 34.5 and CR 49. Authorities are investigating the scene, pictured here Wednesday morning.
MICHAEL BRIAN/THE GREELEY TRIBUNE

—-

Weld Sheriff Steve Reams confirms discovery of human remains at oil and gas site

Keep us updated with more information as it comes.

Google Maps

Ok, I had to poke around a bit but here it is.

Map from 3's bar in Longmont where Rita was to this site: Google Maps

From jonelle's home to this site: Google Maps

From Nicole's last known to this site: Google Maps

Thank you, poppyflower.

From your map above:

Rita:
42 min (33.6 miles)
Via CO-66 E and Co Rd 32

Jonelle:
26 min (21.0 miles)
Via Co Rd 49

Nicole:
43 min (33.6 miles)
Via CO-66 E and Co Rd 32

—-

Wow, I was not familiar with Jonelle’s case. She was only 12 years old, wow. :(

From her thread:

25 years later, Jonelle Matthews disappearance still baffles

Two and a half decades later, there are still no answers.

The 12-year-old girl who disappeared during Christmas week in 1984 is still gone, and there is no real hope that she will ever be seen again.

On the night of Dec. 20, 1984, Jonelle Matthews sang Christmas carols with her school choir and was taken home by a friend. When her father came home an hour later, she was gone.

No trace has ever been found of Jonelle; no arrests, no evidential DNA, no answers.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20091220/NEWS/912209983/1002&parentprofile=1001

The geographics look promising, if not practically perfect as far as disposal stats in her type of case go, imo (assuming a grab and go sexual abduction), 22 miles is my magic number, right @PommyMommy?

26 min (BBM: 21.0 miles)
Via Co Rd 49 straight shot

CO - CO - Jonelle Matthews, 12, Greeley, 20 Dec 1984

All 3 of these cases (Rita, Jonelle and Nicole) are all practically “straight shots”...

——

Is it possible that these could be historic remains?

“We sometimes come across remains that are clearly a part of an old burial ground, but this doesn’t seem to be the case,” Reams said. “It’s not that obvious, which is why the DA’s Office came out to inspect the scene.”“

Weld Sheriff Steve Reams confirms discovery of human remains at oil and gas site

——

RSBM.
Agree. Used to live in Longmont some moons ago. Would seem more likely to head towards the mountains than crossing I25.

MOO

Rita’s brother, Omar, was originally searching in Weld County, iirc:

“Dog handler Alan Duffy, his bloodhound RC and Omar Holguin search for any sign of Rita Gutierrez-Garcia along an embankment near the intersection of Weld County roads 7 and 26 on Sunday morning.”

Rita Gutierrez-Garcia’s family, friends still searching for missing Longmont woman – Longmont Times-Call

But then LE came out and released this statement so they changed course:

Qmfr / from Rita’s thread:

Search plans for Rita Gutierrez-Garcia change after police announcement

“Omar Holguin, Gutierrez-Garcia's half-brother, is now asking volunteers to meet at Rabbit Mountain Open Space at 15140 N. 55th St. in Longmont at 7:30 a.m. Saturday.

Longmont police Deputy Chief Jeff Satur said Thursday that investigators believe Gutierrez-Garcia's body may be in the area of Rabbit Mountain, east of Rollins Pass or in the area of the Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge.”

———-
Plan Your Visit - Rocky Mountain Arsenal - U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service

“Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge is one of the largest urban wildlife refuges in the nation with more than 15,000 acres of land. It’s a place where wildlife thrives and where visitors can reconnect with nature and experience the many wildlife-dependent opportunities the Refuge has to offer.”

https://www.fws.gov/uploadedFiles/trail wildlife drive map with text(1).pdf

Refuge Map - Rocky Mountain Arsenal - U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service

Last edited:
(Starting another post as the above has gotten too long)

Great finds, Gardener.

There’s also the lady who loved/worked with horses , I’ve forgotten her name. I don’t think she went missing that far from Weld County but I’m not sure on that. Near Lafayette maybe?

This thread is already building content and starting to get thick with possibilities. But if it turns out down the road that nobody here is a match, then there is that thread we worked on together, G, which we could also source, so making a note of that just in case:

WS:
These 50 people disappeared in Colorado this year

—proximity to the Wyoming border is also being noted.

Hmmm... no one is really jumping out at me. Maybe Geraldine Ann Obregon-Gingles? I guess we’ll have to wait for more details.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

She went missing from Aurora which is way South. If we start going South then that opens up sooooo many possibilities, Kara Nichols, Lashaya Stine, the list goes on and on and on.

As for now I’m thinking North of Denver, but anything is possible.

——

I just got something in the mail as I mentioned above in the Red Plum ad, could’ve sworn the MP was out of Greeley...

(Searching through stacks of mail)

—-

Let’s look closely at this location.

Who owns this land and oil site?

How long has this site been drilling, etc?

I’d like to see some arial pics of this location.

—-

Keep us updated with more information as it comes.

You betcha.

I’m really excited about this discovery. Gosh, what are the chances, putting in a pipeline there...

Someone is pooping in their pants right now. They likely thought this person might not ever be found.

Someone is going to get their name back hopefully and their family can at least have answers and bring them home.

Last edited:
Prosecutors with the district attorney's office were at the site Wednesday morning.

Reams says the bones do not appear to be part of an old burial ground. No other information was released.

Oil site workers find what appear to be human remains in Colorado

The fact that prosecutors from the DA's office were visiting the site makes me think they might have an idea who this is and may be preparing charges... MOO.

I am always hopeful for the recovery of Jonelle Matthews when I see remains found in Weld County, CO.

I think there’s a really good chance it’s Jonelle, Kai.

Of course obviously there are others missing from the vicinity, but the distance and “straight shot” aspect here makes me inclined to believe there’s a really good chance this could be Jonelle, moo.

As I mentioned I had not heard of her case until now. She was only 12 years old. If this is her then maybe there is DNA or some other kind of evidence which could also lead to an arrest. How great would that be?!

Who ever this is this is somebody’s child, brother, sister, friend. I can’t wait to hear what LE says next. Very anxiously glued here.

Last edited:
You know what else...

Another body found at an oil site in Weld County. Crazy! I certainly wasn’t expecting this after the Watts case.

The question I’m curious about is how long has this property been an “oil site”.

—-

““We were out there (at the site), as well,” Tymkowych said. “We do have some leads that we are going to be looking at in the next 12 hours or so to see if they pan out.”

Identifying the remains will take some time because the remains were discovered during construction, Reams said.

“That adds an extra layer of difficulty to the process,” Reams said.”

—-

US 34 at Weld County Road 49 —

Project Owner CDOT
CDOT Region 4
County Weld
Description of Work Installs a new traffic signal at this intersection.
Estimated Total Project Cost $469,861
ARRA Funds $462,227
Project Status Completed
Start Date October 26, 2009
Completion Date April 2010
Percentage Spent N/A
Contractor DKS Enterprises

Photos - Before Construction —

Photos - During Construction —

—-

“The Weld County Sheriff’s Office is investigating bones found at an oil and gas facility on privately-owned land about 10 miles southeast of LaSalle.”

“The Town of LaSalle is a Statutory Town in Weld County, Colorado, United States. The town population was 1955 at the 2010 United States Census. A post office called LaSalle has been in operation since 1886. The community was named by railroad officials after LaSalle Street in Chicago.“

LaSalle, Colorado - Wikipedia

—-

WCR 49 Corridor - Weld County

“WCR 49 Corridor

In 2014, Weld County’s Department of Public Works embarked on the largest road construction project in county history.

49 Logo_Corridor_RGBThe Weld County Road 49 Corridor project involved multiple construction projects over several years including intersection widening, lane expansion, turn lanes, and overall safety improvements for the traveling public.

The extension of WCR 49 north of Highway 34 to WCR 60.5 is known as the Weld County Parkway, which is just one of the many enhancements for this busy corridor, and it includes a four-lane concrete road and two new bridges.

The Parkway opened to the traveling public November 10, 2015, while the Corridor project, from Highway 34 south to Interstate 76, was completed at the end of 2017.“

—-

https://upstatecolorado.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/CR-49-Hwy-Map-10.17.pdf

—-

Anadarko Petroleum - Hudson, CO

—-

Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
16116 Co Rd 22, Fort Lupton, CO 80621
15 min (14.4 miles)
Via Co Rd 49 and Co Rd 22
—-

Weld County Road 49 expansion: Why the upgrade matters so much.

—-

Oil and Gas - Weld County

“Please use this page as a resource regarding oil and gas production in Weld County. It contains information regarding oil and gas wells, pipelines, application processes, and many other items.“

“Weld County is responsible for nearly nine of every 10 barrels of oil produced in Colorado and also generates more than 30 percent of the state’s natural gas, as the county sits atop the mineral-rich Denver-Julesburg Basin.”

Weld County designates itself local oil and gas control county

—-

Quote again re: La Salle:

The Weld County Sheriff’s Office is investigating bones found at an oil and gas facility on privately-owned land about BBM 10 miles southeast of LaSalle.”

Kersey, CO to La Salle
14 min (10.1 miles)
Via US-85 N and US-34 E

Ft.Lupton to La Salle
24 min (21.0 miles)
Via US-85 S

Hudson to La Salle
29 min (21.7 miles)
Via W Co Rd 39 and Co Rd 41

Greeley to La Salle:
13 min (6.5 miles)
Via US-85 N and US-85 BUS N

Last edited:
Yeah, I think they own 90% of the land out there. I know it’s a long long shot but I can’t help but think of Kelsie Schelling too. It’s unfortunate that there are so many possibilities!

Of course she came to mind here as well. You know she’s out of Pueblo, way south though. I thought of her too.

Yeah, I think they own 90% of the land out there. I know it’s a long long shot but I can’t help but think of Kelsie Schelling too. It’s unfortunate that there are so many possibilities!
I was thinking about Kelsie too. Who ever it is, I hope some grieving family will be able to lay their loved on to rest.

The reason why I’m marking all the various articles is because these could come into play re: construction, etc, depending on how old these remains are.

Lots of truckers as well going through these parts it seems.

—-

Distance to Recovery Location in the Watts case, fwiw:

Approximate distance-

Keenesburg, CO to La Salle:
31 min (27.0 miles)
Via Co Rd 49

—-

I know a lot of folks who own land in these oil and gas areas have been approached by oil companies to sell. I was told by someone just the other day that he was advised by his neighbors not to sell, that they’re all trying to hold out together and they hoped he would too.

They’ve also been approached to lease out their land, as I understand it.

Perhaps this land is owned by a private individual and leasing? Just a thought. But I bet it’s Anadarko.

If so, you know those Anadarko folks are like, “oh no, not again...”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members