Found Deceased CO - Joseph Keller, 18, Antonito, 23 July 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. There would be no reason to involve the FBI if they suspected an accident. Also they stated its a multi- jurisdictional investigation. That to me also says they suspect foul play.

Could be a combination: hit by a car, whose driver then panicked? Doesn't seem super likely, but seems more likely than a healthy 18 year old male being abducted in broad daylight while out for a run, which is another option folks are considering.

My guess is that JK initially took off/deviated from the plan on his own. Hopefully it's just that he needed some time away and not that he took his own life or somehow ended up dead as a result of whatever he was doing.

To provide some background on some of the confusing/missing info out there:

The FindJoeKeller FB page has several admins, operating primarily out of TN. The page was initially setup as a way for friends/family in TN to share the story with connections they might have in the CO/NM area.

Due to the remote location of the search, communication and updates were difficult - especially early on. Things like the search being called of or not called off initially, what the dogs did or did not do, directions everyone ran, etc. were relayed through phone and text conversations and, as always, there is a possibility of miscommunication.

One post also mentioned edits to the page. The page has attracted alot of attention and along with that comes some negative attention as well. In addition to their concern for Joe, the friends and family are also concerned for Joe's friends who were with him on the trip. These boys have been friends for years and are all highly thought of young men. This tragedy has certainly taken a toll on them and the page admins have taken steps to make edits/deletes to protect them from unnecessary scrutiny while trying to keep as much information flowing as possible. It is one thing to

Thank you for your post. Thank you for answering some of my questions.
I am curious what your last half of a sentence was? Your post ended in mid sentence.

IMOO.

Sorry, I cut off the end of my post somehow.

To provide some background on some of the confusing/missing info out there:

The FindJoeKeller FB page has several admins, operating primarily out of TN. The page was initially setup as a way for friends/family in TN to share the story with connections they might have in the CO/NM area.

Due to the remote location of the search, communication and updates were difficult - especially early on. Things like the search being called of or not called off initially, what the dogs did or did not do, directions everyone ran, etc. were relayed through phone and text conversations and, as always, there is a possibility of miscommunication.

One post also mentioned edits to the page. The page has attracted alot of attention and along with that comes some negative attention as well. In addition to their concern for Joe, the friends and family are also concerned for Joe's friends who were with him on the trip. These boys have been friends for years and are all highly thought of young men. This tragedy has certainly taken a toll on them and the page admins have taken steps to make edits/deletes to protect them from unnecessary scrutiny while trying to keep as much information flowing as possible. It is one thing to

...post theories and ask questions and another to attack someone's character and "kick them while they're down."

Sorry, I cut off the end of my post somehow.

...post theories and ask questions and another to attack someone's character and "kick them while they're down."

So in your opinion, the friends he was with are not involved in his disappearance? I'm only asking your opinion/theory.

There are many passionate posts on Joseph's thread. I know how it is to firmly believe in a theory, when it seems so obvious to you, and it can be difficult to consider other ideas. I am in that position on other threads.

One possibility that I had not seen mentioned: Joseph and his friends meet guys to do something shady. Maybe some kind of drug deal or who knows (not saying the boys used drugs, but many teenagers try drugs.) Something goes bad, Joseph is killed.

There really isn't much to support this theory, but it would explain most things that have been questioned since Joseph disappeared: why there is no trace of him in the area; why his friends, who'd known him for years, and are known as good kids, left fairly quickly; why the FBI is involved; why CO turned down offers of financial assistance from TN sheriff.

I have heard only good things about his friends and have a hard time imagining them as cold blooded killers. But maybe they knew what had happened, and knew he was dead. Why stay in CO to help with a search? They are probably traumatized and scared. Not that they made a good decision, I'm not excusing the false story or additional pain it is causing the Keller family.

I usually hate theories without support, because we might as well just say UFO's or men-in-black, but we don't have many details on Joseph's case. So I think some version of this theory is plausible. Hope we get more details and hope Joseph can be brought home.

They have not found any drag marks not his scent anywhere so i would say no to a wildlife attack.

That might be true; but I think in a 30 minute stretch of this road, it would be possible to miss something. Parts could be very overgrown with vegetation and there could be steep drop-offs in others. I just think it is the most likely scenario. Just my opinion, and I have been wrong before. I will also add I have tent camped in this area often in my younger years, which is why I feel this is a very real possibility.

http://www.westword.com/news/joe-ke...d-in-case-of-teen-missing-in-colorado-6992191

I highly doubt the FBI would be involved if he was hit by a car or fell off a cliff/trail. IMO, there was some sort of foul play involved. jmo

They don't know what happened. They can suspect all they want, but that's not a reason to keep the FBI at bay. Maybe accident, maybe murder. The jurisdiction transcends the state line, so the FBI can be asked to help.

My guess is that they were probably smoking pot or smth similar. Just like that fireman that got high, then took off running and fell off a cliff while camping, Joe followed an erratic path and met his demise.

http://www.westword.com/news/joe-ke...d-in-case-of-teen-missing-in-colorado-6992191

I highly doubt the FBI would be involved if he was hit by a car or fell off a cliff/trail. IMO, there was some sort of foul play involved. jmo
LE announced they were looking into activities of the 3 young men on the days leading up to Joe's reported disappearance. They searched La Jara Resevoir. They brought in the FBI. With this alone, it's easy to conclude that LE suspects foul play.

They don't know what happened. They can suspect all they want, but that's not a reason to keep the FBI at bay. Maybe accident, maybe murder. The jurisdiction transcends the state line, so the FBI can be asked to help.

My guess is that they were probably smoking pot or smth similar. Just like that fireman that got high, then took off running and fell off a cliff while camping, Joe followed an erratic path and met his demise.

Just a thought...

There have been two separate incidences that occurred in CO in the last year or so where two young men (both who were tourists), consumed too many MJ edibles which contained a high content of THC.
IIRC, one young man (around 18, I think), jumped off of a balcony and the other took their parent's gun from the safe at their hotel and commit suicide. As I recall, both young men were stable without any previous suicidal tendancies.

From what I've read, some people unknowingly can be very sensitive to THC and can develop a psychotic-type episode following the use of MJ edibles if eaten in too high of amounts. For this reason, there are warning labels on all MJ edible products sold in CO warning people against eating too much.

Also, someone upthread asked why JK's family haven't spoken out publicly.

I was reading the comments on CG's FB wall yesterday and on 6/27 someone asked why JK's family hasn't spoken to the national media outlets to try to gain more attention. Another friend answered and said that the CO LE asked JK's family not to speak out publicly, because they (LE) "didn't want the publicity".

Just a thought...

There have been a couple of separate incidences that occurred in CO in the last year or so where two young men (both who were tourists), consumed too many MJ edibles which contained a high content of THC.
IIRC, one young man (around 18, I think), jumped off of a balcony and the other got a hold of their parents' gun and committed suicide. As I recall, both young men were stable without any previous suicidal tendancies.

From what I've read, some people unknowingly can be very sensitive to THC and can develop a psychotic-type episode following use of MJ edibles if eaten in too high of amounts. For this reason, there are warning labels on all edible products sold in CO warning people not to eat too much.

Also, someone asked upthread why JK's family haven't spoken out publicly.

I was reading the comments on one of JK friends' FB walls yesterday and someone asked why JK's family hasn't reached out to the national media outlets to try to gain more attention. Another friend answered and said that the CO LE asked that JK's family not speak out publicly because they (LE) "didn't want the publicly".

Just another thought, people who use that stuff don't go out for a run afterwards. They sit around and look at the walls. A lot of schools drug test their sports players. Was he on a team? That kind of stuff stays detectable for quite a while.

Just another thought, people who use that stuff don't go out for a run afterwards. They sit around and look at the walls. A lot of schools drug test their sports players. Was he on a team? That kind of stuff stays detectable for quite a while.

I agree, most don't go running after consuming edibles. However, if they were a first time user, they might not have felt the effects right away and eaten more. That's where the problem lies with consuming way too much and ending up with too much THC in their system.

I'm not sure, but I'm thinking JK was on a cross country team at school.

People can act normal after ingesting THC, depending on the amount, most people don't sit around and stare at walls. I do agree that running afterwards would not be on the top of someone's list. Considering the sports these kids are involved and possible drug testing, I would be surprised if they had edibles with THC because most kids their age do know it can stay in your system for up to 30 days. On the other hand if they knew they would not be drug tested its a possibility. All my opinion only.

Mountain lions take off their shoes? They can think what they want, but I am going to bet dollars to a doughnut, some hunter will find this guy's body years from now showing just this. They just love to hunt running prey. Lots of antelope in the area, so I bet lots of cougars. It could be something else, but I think this sounds the most likely.

I read the post you were responding to and know what you meant, but this still made me giggle. I'm pretty sure mountain lions don't even wear shoes.

I hope that Joe's family finds out what happened soon!

I read the post you were responding to and know what you meant, but this still made me giggle. I'm pretty sure mountain lions don't even wear shoes.

I hope that Joe's family finds out what happened soon!

You mean they don't wear Puma's? ;) :)

As others here I had the thought from the beginning that drugs might be involved in Joe's disappearance. It's not a farfetched theory I think. Maybe Joe was going to meet a dealer to get something for the group to get high that night, but never returned. The two friends were then not sure what to do - report him being missing and risk getting him into trouble? Or not report him missing and risk not getting help when help is needed? So they decided to report him missing but invent a harmless story, the jogging. Maybe they knew Joe went to meet the dealer along that road, so that's what they said they last saw him. just speculation

Another thought I had early on was that Joe went on some kind of shady date. Is Joe gay, or maybe secretly gay? If he is that could also explain why his friends tried to keep his disappearance unreported in the beginning, and again, made up a story to cover up the truth in case he's found safe and sound. again just speculating

:thinking:

With no statement from the family, and LE's not talking, there's just so little information known in this case. Do we even know for sure if Joe was ever in Colorado at all? Has there been any confirmation from his aunt at the ranch or anyone else (other than his two buddies), that have actually placed him being there for sure? What day did they arrive and were they staying at the ranch?

Hopefully, the FBI will be able get to the bottom of this and I hope they start by sitting Joe's two traveling companions down for a good long talk. JMO

Conejos County Sheriff's Office
11 hrs ·
In response to questions regarding the Joe Keller case:
In the early days of this search and investigation, our office received a call from the Bradley County Sheriff's Office in Tennessee offering to send two detectives to assist. At that time we had detectives from neighboring jurisdictions already here assisting and we declined that specific offer. We have since been in touch with them and they are sending detectives in the coming week.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Conejos-County-Sheriffs-Office/1595594977375671

11 hrs ·
In the early days of this search and investigation, our office received a call from the Bradley County Sheriff's Office in Tennessee offering to send two detectives to assist. At that time we had detectives from neighboring jurisdictions already here assisting and we declined that specific offer. We have since been in touch with them and they are sending detectives in the coming week.

They are requesting detectives, not search crews. IMO, it's only a matter of time before the phrase "homocide detectives" enters the picture.

11 hrs ·

Well, that is Good!

J R-S, Joe's brother, on August 7th on the Find Joe Keller facebook page, under visitors posts about any updates; he replied that he is hoping that the Conejos County Sheriff will accept aid from the Bradley County Sheriff.

https://www.facebook.com/FindJoeKeller

J R-S, Joe's brother, also mentions which direction Joe would have been running had he have run 6 miles, he would have run through Rocky Mountain Lodge. He also mentions that the fisherman did not see Joe running, (only the friend) and that was 2 and a half miles from the ranch.
This was a post on August 7th as a reply to a poster, under the Visitor Posts.

https://www.facebook.com/FindJoeKeller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member