DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bradley County Sheriff's Office
5 hrs · Edited ·

BCSO detectives to help in probe for missing Keller
TONY EUBANK Banner Staff Writer Cleveland Daily Banner

The Conejos County Sheriff’s office has accepted the Bradley County Sheriff’s Office offer of assistance in the Joe Keller missing person investigation.
The BCSO is sending Lt. Brian Quinn and Detective Sgt. Kevin Chastain to Conejos County, Colorado, to provide additional boots on the ground, according to Bradley County Sheriff Eric Watson.
The 19-year-old Keller went missing on July 23 while going for a jog with a friend at about 4:30 p.m. in the mountain area just west of Antonito, Colo.

~snip

Keller was on a cross-country road trip with family and friends. He was staying at the Rainbow Trout Ranch in Antonito when he went missing three weeks ago.

More at link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bradley-County-Sheriffs-Office/146357125387104?ref=br_rs

The schools systems in Bradley Co DOES NOT drug test for sports. They have to maintain a certain grade average. Nor does the City Schools. Joe was attending our local community college. I dont think he was involved in college sports. He is a swimmer/coach at the YMCA. He was a very good wrestler in HS and does Motorcross Racing circuit. His family is well known farmers here for many generations.

Bradley County Sheriff's Office
5 hrs · Edited ·

BCSO detectives to help in probe for missing Keller
TONY EUBANK Banner Staff Writer Cleveland Daily Banner

The Conejos County Sheriff’s office has accepted the Bradley County Sheriff’s Office offer of assistance in the Joe Keller missing person investigation.
The BCSO is sending Lt. Brian Quinn and Detective Sgt. Kevin Chastain to Conejos County, Colorado, to provide additional boots on the ground, according to Bradley County Sheriff Eric Watson.
The 19-year-old Keller went missing on July 23 while going for a jog with a friend at about 4:30 p.m. in the mountain area just west of Antonito, Colo.

~snip

Keller was on a cross-country road trip with family and friends. He was staying at the Rainbow Trout Ranch in Antonito when he went missing three weeks ago.

More at link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bradley-County-Sheriffs-Office/146357125387104?ref=br_rs
Family and friends? I thought it was just the three boys.

Family and friends? I thought it was just the three boys.

Yes, I was wondering the same. This is the first that I've heard it mentioned that he was traveling with a family member, unless the article is referring to his aunt at the ranch? IDK, it's confusing.

Yes, I was wondering the same. This is the first that I've heard it mentioned that he was traveling with a family member, unless the article is referring to his aunt at the ranch? IDK, it's confusing.

I thought it to mean the family that owned the ranch.
If he traveled with a family member on the cross country trip with his other 2 friends, then they don't want to speak about it, or haven't spoken about it.
IMOO.

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/to...do-search-missing-teen-joe-keller-19327.shtml

From Joe's dad:

""I get the feeling that maybe he's not in this valley," Keller said. "Maybe that something else could have happened." "

More at link above.

Also,Sheriff Watson explained that the incident happened in Colorado, but they are looking into (snipped by me) "to make sure there is no connection to any foul play back home that might have to do with him missing in Colorado."

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/to...do-search-missing-teen-joe-keller-19327.shtml

From Joe's dad:

""I get the feeling that maybe he's not in this valley," Keller said. "Maybe that something else could have happened." "

More at link above.

Also,Sheriff Watson explained that the incident happened in Colorado, but they are looking into (snipped by me) "to make sure there is no connection to any foul play back home that might have to do with him missing in Colorado."

Maybe I'm not reading that statement right, but what do they mean when they say they want to make sure this isn't connected to any foul play back home, which is Tennessee? Can someone give me their perspective on that. Thanks!

Maybe I'm not reading that statement right, but what do they mean when they say they want to make sure this isn't connected to any foul play back home, which is Tennessee? Can someone give me their perspective on that. Thanks!

Yes that's a bit odd. Does Sheriff Watson mean to imply that someone followed them from TN to CO? Or does he mean he wants to make sure Joe didn't die back home and never was in Colorado?

I take it to mean if there was any reason that would cause for him to disappear in Colorado relating to an incident or circumstances back home in Tennessee...

MIX 104.1 WCLE (@MYMIX1041)
8/10/15, 9:25 AM
We just recorded an interview with Joe Keller's dad Neil who is in Colorado. We will play on Mix 104.1 Today at 3:45

http://mix104.info/listen-now/

It's nice that the family is speaking out in the media.
Thanks for that link, osu.

Neil Keller (Joe's fathers) interview:

Went missing in Antonia, CO July 23rd. Started on a run at 4:30 MT and didn't return at 5:30MT.
When asked if investigators have any clue what happened to Joe. He said, "Of course at this time, nothing"
"They have suspended the Search And Rescue mission and now it is now its a Search and Recovery mission."

Dad talking about son in past tense. :(

Joe had a few friends who wanted to take a Western tour...a kid thing. They wanted to go and "see the West".

Left on July 13th, went to Grand Canyon, Lake Tahoe, San Francisco and CO was the last leg of their trip.

They have no clue as to what happened to Joe.

I guess nothing is adding up in whatever information LE has been given thus far.

We just had some crazy heavy rain and hail within the last couple of hours here.

I hope the weather there is good, for more search efforts for Joe.

IMOO.

Were these boys traveling by car? it seems they were able to go a lot of places in the 10 days after leaving Tennesee on July 13th. Lake Tahoe is a long way from Tennessee.

We just had some crazy heavy rain and hail within the last couple of hours here.

I hope the weather there is good, for more search efforts for Joe.

IMOO.

I think the weather has been nice and dry there. DS lives near Denver. Late summer is usually very hot and dry without the threat of much rain and storms. Temps are cooler up in the higher elevations though.

I think the weather has been nice and dry there. DS lives near Denver. Late summer is usually very hot and dry without the threat of much rain and storms. Temps are cooler up in the higher elevations though.

In the new article from the Times Free Press it mentions about a forecast of thunderstorms...

"The National Weather Service is forecasting thunderstorms, but Keller's mother says that if anyone could survive in the wilderness, it would be her son."

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/...o-invites-bradley-sheriff-help-search/319039/

https://www.facebook.com/FindJoeKeller/posts/10206319520280481

I was in the Platoro and Jasper area last August and we had field jackets on while we were on the ATV's.

We live in Colorado Springs. This year has been crazy for rain, and hail. Particularly rain.
IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member