Found Deceased CO - Joseph Keller, 18, Antonito, 23 July 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No family was on the trip just the 3 boys. They was in a Subaru Outback. I think LE police dept made huge blunders in the beginning and gave the family bad advice. I saw pics of them at the Grand Canyon that Collin posted but none at Lake Tahoe or SanFransico but they didnt post alot about their trip.

We are so glad our detectives are there. This has the makings of a criminal investigation. LE was doing a missing person case without alot of focus on foul play. The question i would like to know is if anybody actually saw Joe at the ranch. Its a working dude ranch which means alot of activities has begun for the day. I work on a river outpost for whitewater rafting so i know what its like. Ive never seen it confirmed from a reliable source that his Aunt saw him. I can think of a couple of scenarios such as accidental overdose and the boys are covering it up. Maybe too many beers and pills crawled in the car to pass out and heat killed him. Maybe the took a gun for protection and an accident happened. I know all of the boys is use to shooting. I have a very good source with the Keller family and have hearsay that this is what the Kellers are leaning towards. Treelights thank you for all the links.

We are so glad our detectives are there. This has the makings of a criminal investigation. LE was doing a missing person case without alot of focus on foul play. The question i would like to know is if anybody actually saw Joe at the ranch. Its a working dude ranch which means alot of activities has begun for the day. I work on a river outpost for whitewater rafting so i know what its like. Ive never seen it confirmed from a reliable source that his Aunt saw him. I can think of a couple of scenarios such as accidental overdose and the boys are covering it up. Maybe too many beers and pills crawled in the car to pass out and heat killed him. Maybe the took a gun for protection and an accident happened. I know all of the boys is use to shooting. I have a very good source with the Keller family and have hearsay that this is what the Kellers are leaning towards. Treelights thank you for all the links.

Accidental drug overdose or gunshot - but where is he? Did he go alone deep into the woods to get high or fool around with a gun? Shouldn't he have been found by now? Or do you think the two friends hid the body and are not saying where? I find that hard to believe but not impossible.

No family was on the trip just the 3 boys. They was in a Subaru Outback. I think LE police dept made huge blunders in the beginning and gave the family bad advice. I saw pics of them at the Grand Canyon that Collin posted but none at Lake Tahoe or SanFransico but they didnt post alot about their trip.
You saw pics of all 3 boys at the Grand Canyon? Do you know the dates? Is that the last place they were before heading to RTR?

ETA: I just snooped all around. I also see the vehicle, and pics from TX, San Fran and Grand Canyon. Then the pics stop! For the record, I still stand by my theory that Joe is missing because of some jealousy issue (more now so than before I snooped). Perhaps RTR was necessary to have a cover story after the Grand Canyon? If so, it makes my gut wrench at the cold-heartedness. I wonder what route they were traveling. I read on some MSM article that they were planning a loop, and that Joe had been texting about wanting to see and hike the Faith, Hope & Charity rock formations (which could have been texted by anyone). If something did go askew, one of the boys will break. I really think it's vital for LE to determine where the 3rd boy was while the other two were allegedly running. Their heights are all drastically different, and sightings of a 'blonde boy resembling Joe' running should be carefully and thoroughly vetted.

So, while CG and JK were supposedly out running, where was CF during this time?

You saw pics of all 3 boys at the Grand Canyon? Do you know the dates? Is that the last place they were before heading to RTR?

At least two of the boys JK and CF do have a social media site with pics of Grand Canyon, San Fransisco and a couple other places. The last picture posted from the trip says 3 weeks ago.

Your welcome for the links. :)

Since this is a comment from facebook, it is considered a rumor, but this link
states by someone with the R-S last name, RMR-S (the same R-S last name that Joe's brother has),
that he was seen at the ranch by the Aunt, Uncle's dad, and cousin.
This comment is from the visitors posts from August 3rd, and the reply from the R-S last name is August 4th.
Also, there's Another post on there by D R-S that confirms Joe arrived.

https://www.facebook.com/FindJoeKel...&total_comments=5&comment_tracking={"tn":"R"}

I was just throwing out thoughts. Since the family is now speaking out, Treelights confirmed he was at the ranch my position has changed. Im going with abduction by a stranger. Its. A cold case now. I doubt we will ever know what happened to Joe. Thanks for the forum.

I was just throwing out thoughts. Since the family is now speaking out, Treelights confirmed he was at the ranch my position has changed. Im going with abduction by a stranger. Its. A cold case now. I doubt we will ever know what happened to Joe. Thanks for the forum.

Don't go away. :) We still need your thoughts!
You have been a Welcome addition to the thread! :)

I agree at this point I have changed my mind, I also think it could be an abduction or he fell and they just haven't found him yet. It's so sad. I still have some hope that he will be found.

Your welcome for the links. :)

Since this is a comment from facebook, it is considered a rumor, but this link
states by someone with the R-S last name, RMR-S (the same R-S last name that Joe's brother has),
that he was seen at the ranch by the Aunt, Uncle's dad, and cousin.
This comment is from the visitors posts from August 3rd, and the reply from the R-S last name is August 4th.
Also, there's Another post on there by D R-S that confirms Joe arrived.

https://www.facebook.com/FindJoeKel...&total_comments=5&comment_tracking={"tn":"R"}

Adding to my post.
Was the cousin (rumor) the last known to see Joe, as that comment was that the cousin saw Joe take off and told him to speed up?
IMOO.

I agree at this point I have changed my mind, I also think it could be an abduction or he fell and they just haven't found him yet. It's so sad. I still have some hope that he will be found.

I hope he's found as well.
It would bring some closure to this sad situation.
IMOO.

Adding to my post.
Was the cousin (rumor) the last known to see Joe, as that comment was that the cousin saw Joe take off and told him to speed up?
IMOO.

That's what I got out of that statement that the cousin saw Joe leave, now it does not say if CG seen at that time with Joe. If so then CG would be the last person to see Joe.

BBM. Are y'all thinking this bc of the 'rumor' that his cousin saw him? Is there anything else?

This reminds me of August Reiger... another disappearance while hiking just a short way from family/friends where paths should have crossed and never did. I can't believe they never solved that case.

In this case, I am very confused by LE. If it's really true that they were just pursuing an accident and had no leads... but, at the same time, rejected help from other jurisdictions and called off the search fairly quickly... Well, color me confused. Normally I would say (and did say earlier in this thread) that Joe must have intentionally taken off... But I just can't give LE the benefit of the doubt re: a through search here; seems like a real chance he ran a different way than expected and fell or had a medical event and is out there somewhere and LE has just missed him so far.

BBM. Are y'all thinking this bc of the 'rumor' that his cousin saw him? Is there anything else?

There seems to be no question in the family's mind that he was at the ranch. Since his family would OBVIOUSLY be aware if Joe's friends showed up at the ranch without Joe, that's enough for me. Joe made it to the ranch.

There seems to be no question in the family's mind that he was at the ranch. Since his family would OBVIOUSLY be aware if Joe's friends showed up at the ranch without Joe, that's enough for me. Joe made it to the ranch.

I agree. Does anyone know where that landmark is he was talking about and wanting to visit?

I agree. Does anyone know where that landmark is he was talking about and wanting to visit?

Found this on the Rainbow Trout Ranch website:

BBM

Charity is a rocky outcrop that rises about 800 ft. behind the ranch. It is part of three such outcroppings, Faith, Hope and Charity, which were named in the 1920’s. The path to Charity is steep but the horses are surefooted and soon you reach a meadow (often we see elk here and bighorn sheep nearer the edge) where you leave the horses and hike a short way to stand looking out over the lodge and ranch buildings, the river and pastures and the beautiful valley below.

http://rainbowtroutranch.com/colorado-horseback-riding/

ETA: More about it here with photos.
http://rainbowtroutranch.com/colorado-guest-ranch-hiking-evenings/

It says "Charity Peak" is accessible by horseback but the other two are not.

It's good that we 'know' Joe was at the ranch (based on rumor). Both ceci and OldFashionedWithaFlair have posted their thoughts and questions about JK and while they've never specifically ruled out an abduction, they both just stated it as the likely scenario.

Does confirming JK was at the ranch increase the likelihood of abduction? Was there anything else that contributed to their decisions?

No argument either way, I definitely don't know what happened to JK. I am just curious what their reasonings are so I can follow suit or keep that possibility lower on my list :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000