Found Deceased CO - Joseph Keller, 18, Antonito, 23 July 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, i believe i sent it wrong. Im not sure of all the protocol so please kindly let me know for any misteps.

Really disturbing case. I am tryin to b hopeful but I'm sorry this original tale? joe, poofs while jogging. I Am NOT BUYING THIS STORY AT ALL! Nom nom nom. NO

Really disturbing case. I am tryin to b hopeful but I'm sorry this original tale? joe, poofs while jogging. I Am NOT BUYING THIS STORY AT ALL! Nom nom nom. NO

It's definitely strange!! Did anyone see this young man at the ranch apart from his travelling buddies?? I do find it odd that he vanished and the friends just continued on with their trip. Don't want to speculate on anything but it would be interesting to know when the last sighting of him was aside from the apparent jog!!

MOO!!

JMo, But I believe this will eventually tune into a murder investigation with one or both of his friends being arrested.

There is NO way I would continue on my travels if one of my friends was missing. I would stay and search. jmo

It could be that the admin of the page has no experience with fb page settings and wanted to disable comments but accidentally deleted them.

There was something mentioned here a few pages back that bothered me. Is it true that the two friends that were traveling with Joe have left? They are not helping in the search? If so, I find this very odd.

The Posts to Page is Back Up, along with comments from Days ago.
So, whatever the reason it was gone previously, they fixed it so it is back.
Interesting!
IMOO.

https://www.facebook.com/FindJoeKeller

It's definitely strange!! Did anyone see this young man at the ranch apart from his travelling buddies?? I do find it odd that he vanished and the friends just continued on with their trip. Don't want to speculate on anything but it would be interesting to know when the last sighting of him was aside from the apparent jog!!

MOO!!

I agree about that, and also when did Joe see his own family that run the ranch that day? When was the last time they saw him? Did they also see his friends? When was the last time Joe's family saw the friends at the ranch before Joe went missing?
Also, I wonder if there will be a map that will better describe the exact location where Joe was last seen on the Forest service road?
IMOO.

... I do find it odd that he vanished and the friends just continued on with their trip....

I too think it's odd that the friends left unless they were traveling for a specific purpose. Maybe Joseph's friends don't have the money to stay. I wonder if Joseph's family offered to put them up.

My son and his best friend and the friend's girlfriend did a 2-week cross-country trip when they were about 20. At the end point, the friend had an important interview. It's funny, if my son had gone missing and LE and other were looking for him, I'd tell the friend to go to the interview - on the other hand, if the friend had gone missing, I'd tell my son to stay and skip the interview.

Sheriff Watson of Cleveland Tn, tld a family member that "they had leads" which i conclude that SAR has become a criminal investigation. I believe that might be why you havent seen the Keller Family on TV pleading for help. CF flew home with his mom on Thursday. The Fetzners did not attend the vigils. Thats all the updates i have at the moment. Thanks Sutton but i seem to have a glitch as i keep getting a message that my inbox is full so idk if my messages to the adm has made it thru.

Yes SAR means search and rescue. Thanks Treelight i should of linked Channel9. Kim Hicks told me drones was there Sat and Sun. Im going to assume someone saw Joe when he arrived even though no where can i find that confirms it. Tanner Gwaltny, Collins brother, has a GoFund and he copied an article from the Valley Courier but doesnt give credit to VC. It reads like its his words. Its on Find Joe Keller page, scroll down. Id like someone elses opinion.

Yes SAR means search and rescue. Thanks Treelight i should of linked Channel9. Kim Hicks told me drones was there Sat and Sun. Im going to assume someone saw Joe when he arrived even though no where can i find that confirms it. Tanner Gwaltny, Collins brother, has a GoFund and he copied an article from the Valley Courier but doesnt give credit to VC. It reads like its his words. Its on Find Joe Keller page, scroll down. Id like someone elses opinion.

I am not sure if I understand what you mean, but I do have an opinion about that money donation site that we can't link to because of TOS rules.
I don't quite understand that it was written on the money donation site about Collin being a faster runner so they can run at their own pace...
I found this link:

http://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/MeetResults.aspx?Meet=225658

"TSSAA AAA Section 2 Sub-Section Chattanooga"

"Thursday, May 08, 2014"

"1600 Meters - Varsity - Finals"

"2. 12 Collin Gwaltney 4:35.88a Bradley Central"

"11. 12 Joe Keller 5:40.21a Bradley Central"

Wouldn't this mean that Joe was slower by just a touch over a minute? Am I understanding these numbers correctly?

I would think that that would make them about pretty even overall on a scale of jogging on the Forest Service Road, in my opinion.... I mean really... that bit about Collin being faster and they would run at their own pace. Joe would not have been That far behind. Both look to be GOOD runners, IMOO.

IMOO.

Just checking in and was hoping this young man was found. Where are you Joe?

http://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/MeetResults.aspx?Meet=225658

"TSSAA AAA Section 2 Sub-Section Chattanooga"

"Thursday, May 08, 2014"

"1600 Meters - Varsity - Finals"

"2. 12 Collin Gwaltney 4:35.88a Bradley Central"

"11. 12 Joe Keller 5:40.21a Bradley Central"

Wouldn't this mean that Joe was slower by just a touch over a minute? Am I understanding these numbers correctly?

I would think that that would make them about pretty even overall on a scale of jogging on the Forest Service Road, in my opinion.... I mean really... that bit about Collin being faster and they would run at their own pace. Joe would not have been That far behind. Both look to be GOOD runners, IMOO.

IMOO.

No, that's not correct.

I will explain:
the 1600 meters is just feet short of a mile. That means Collin's time was aprox. 4:37 for the mile race, or 1 1/2 minutes faster than Joe's 5:42 mile race THIS (especially once you are breaking 5 minutes for the mile) IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN SPEED!

There's no way that Joe's training pace would be comfortable (or even "training") for Collin. Someone who can run 4:35 for the 1600 is going to have an easy run training pace of around 6:30-7:00 with 7:30 feeling like a sloooog. Someone whose best time for the mile is 5:40 - well they'd only be able to maintain a 6:30 pace for a mile or so in training and it would be a very hard effort for them, close to 5k race pace at that distance. Even a 7:30 pace would be difficult for them to maintain for more than a couple of miles. A normal training run for them would be close to 8:00 or 8:30 pace.

What usually happens in groups where there's such a range of abilities or fitness is that the group will stick together at the very beginning for up to a mile while everyone warms up, and then the faster runners will break away as they settle into their comfortable training pace.

So, Yes, that bit about Collin being faster and they would run at their own pace would be more than likely be an absolutely TRUE statement given the disparate times they've run for 1600.

If you won't take my word for this, here's an online calculator that you can plug 4:37 and 5:45 into for the mile and you can see how different the training pace would be for each of the two runners: http://calculators.hillrunner.com/trainpaces.php

No, that's not correct.

I will explain:
the 1600 meters is just feet short of a mile. That means Collin's time was aprox. 4:37 for the mile race, or 1 1/2 minutes faster than Joe's 5:42 mile race THIS (especially once you are breaking 5 minutes for the mile) IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN SPEED!

There's no way that Joe's training pace would be comfortable (or even "training") for Collin. Someone who can run 4:35 for the 1600 is going to have an easy run training pace of around 6:30-7:00 with 7:30 feeling like a sloooog. Someone whose best time for the mile is 5:40 - well they'd only be able to maintain a 6:30 pace for a mile or so in training and it would be a very hard effort for them, close to 5k race pace at that distance. Even a 7:30 pace would be difficult for them to maintain for more than a couple of miles. A normal training run for them would be close to 8:00 or 8:30 pace.

What usually happens in groups where there's such a range of abilities or fitness is that the group will stick together at the very beginning for up to a mile while everyone warms up, and then the faster runners will break away as they settle into their comfortable training pace.

So, Yes, that bit about Collin being faster and they would run at their own pace would be more than likely be an absolutely TRUE statement given the disparate times they've run for 1600.

If you won't take my word for this, here's an online calculator that you can plug 4:37 and 5:45 into for the mile and you can see how different the training pace would be for each of the two runners: http://calculators.hillrunner.com/trainpaces.php

Thanks for the explanation. Wouldn't that be a difference of one minute 5 seconds versus 1 minute 30 seconds?
IMOO.

Hoping for positive news soon.
Looking forward to the next post from the Conejos County Sheriff's Office as they mentioned previously (on Aug. 1st), that unless something new develops they will be posting on Monday. And it's Monday.

Thanks for the explanation. Wouldn't that be a difference of one minute 5 seconds versus 1 minute 30 seconds?
IMOO.
yes, whoops. 4:37/5:42 so a difference of 1 minute, five seconds (my subtraction was off). The different training paces/running speed abilities I cited stand the same though. One would run at an average of 6:30-7:00 pace on a regular run, the other at around 7:45- 8:15

I am still confused as to what direction they were running.
At first I thought they were running in the same direction. Then I thought they were running in opposite directions since Joe's friend said that he ran one direction.
Does anybody know if they were running in opposite directions, or running in the same direction?

IMOO.

"The official search for Mr. Keller has been suspended but the investigation is continuing. We have exhausted the search resources available to us for the time being and have uncovered no information that would lead us to believe that continuing to search right now is the best use of resources. If we can uncover new information that warrants resuming the search, we will do so. There have been several reports of possible sightings. These and all other leads have been checked and will continue to be checked, but so far nothing has panned out. We know how difficult this past week and a half has been for Mr. Keller's friends and family, and we appreciate the support and prayers that the public has continues to offer on their behalf."

From the Conejos County Sheriff's Office Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1619141558354346&id=1595594977375671

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892